Ticket Price Increase Coming Tomorrow?

Though a very remote possibility, if we purchase our AP vouchers and then the price actually drops over the next several years, do you think it is possible we could get a credit when we turn in the vouchers? It's a major long-shot....I know.

Considering that has never happened in the history of Disney, I doubt anybody on either side of buying and selling has considered that. I'll just say "yes", as it is a moot point anyway.

Anyone think star wars land is being overhyped with all these ticket prince increases and blackout dates? No doubt it will be huge I just don’t think to the scale people are making it out to be.

I’d buy our DVC Gold APs now but I’m wondering if they might come out with some newer AP with even more restrictions over the first few months of SWGE (which would be fine with my as we live far away and will only visit 3 times, none from Mid Oct-early June). If they did it would be at a discount to current Gold prices.

Anyone think star wars land is being overhyped with all these ticket prince increases and blackout dates? No doubt it will be huge I just don’t think to the scale people are making it out to be.

Part of me says maybe, but honestly, no, I don't think so. In fact, I think it's the opposite. I think many are grossly underestimating the impact. Look at how crazy it was with Avatarland. And Star Wars is so, so much bigger than that. It has a global cult following that absolutely dwarfs that of those interested in Avatar. It is multi-generational in a way that probably no other movie(s) has been. Consider the hundreds of thousands of people worldwide that attend the many conventions, have their own official Star Wars Fan awards etc... The one in Orlando alone, in 2017, had over 70,000 people. And that's just one convention out of the many held. I guarantee these die hards are all awaiting the opening of SWL - and will be attending. Add to it that the final film is being released in December (no coincidence on Disney's part) and yeah... That will only heighten the frenzy. And these are just the cult-folk I'm referencing. That's not including the millions of regular fans out there who love Star Wars, many of whom will definitely be interested in/willing to pay for a trip to Disney to see SWGE. My husband doesn't really like Disney - but he loves Star Wars, and has said he would be willing to go if the money was there, just for the sake of seeing SWGE.

The only thing I can think of that might remotely help out, is that it's opening at DL first. So, maybe the die hards will go there first, which might help lesson the blow a bit when it opens at DW?

honestly no, I really think it is going to change things a lot going forward, to the extent history may look at WDW as having PGE and AGE time periods

So many huge Star Wars fans that had little to no interest in going to Disney now want to go

Now, in 5-10 years will it wear off? I think the economy will be more of a driver of that than anything. But for the near term I think it will be just as big as people are expecting/fearing

honestly no, I really think it is going to change things a lot going forward, to the extent history may look at WDW as having PGE and AGE time periods

So many huge Star Wars fans that had little to no interest in going to Disney now want to go

Now, in 5-10 years will it wear off? I think the economy will be more of a driver of that than anything. But for the near term I think it will be just as big as people are expecting/fearing

I agree with this. I think it's going to have a huge impact on HS. Disney wouldn't be making such extensive changes to the rest of the HS infrastructure if they didn't really think there was going to be a huge influx to this park.

Another Motley Fool article came in my yahoo feed today preaching a ticket hike for either tomorrow or the following Sunday. Strange everywhere else is pretty quiet. Trying to determine if I buy tickets for our next Jan trip or wait.

Another Motley Fool article came in my yahoo feed today preaching a ticket hike for either tomorrow or the following Sunday. Strange everywhere else is pretty quiet. Trying to determine if I buy tickets for our next Jan trip or wait.
They seem to be going off what’s been done historically.

guess it depends if you have the money now or what else you would do with that money. I can't imagine there won't be a price increase between now and next January and the chance of them going down is slim to none

Well it would be really terrible if they do raise prices again. They raised them last year around this time, then again in October with the new ticket pricing attached to dates. Another raise in prices would stink!

We’ve got a trip coming up in May. Our FP+ window will open in a few weeks. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy them tonight rather than dragging my feet and potentially regretting it.

Is it just ticket prices that may go up or AP also? Since the last jump for AP was claimed to be for this year that they did early ....

We’ve got a trip coming up in May. Our FP+ window will open in a few weeks. I think I’m going to go ahead and buy them tonight rather than dragging my feet and potentially regretting it.

We're going in December. I happen to have the money right now. I went ahead and bought our Disney + Universal Orlando tickets last night.

Now, since MNSSHP tickets went out early, Mama would very much like to buy her MVMCP tickets soon. Has anyone heard chatter on that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter