Can someone please double check my math?!?
I purchased reseller tickets prior to the Feb price increase. I paid a total of $1631 for 5 day base ticket (2 adults @ $343 each and 3 kids @ $315 each).
The price of this ticket prior to Feb was $1790.
Considering upgrading to a 6 day ticket which has a current retail price of $1890.
From what I understand in the first post I would pay $100 to upgrade?
Bonus points if you know if I could do this upgrade at the BC/YC concierge or at the Epcot International Gateway entrance.

Thanks!
Can anyone please double check my math above on upgrading the ticket. I now want to explore upgrading before I get to the parks so I can book my FP for the whole trip.

"Will Call" question -- I purchased DVC Gold APs over the phone in May when I made my room reservation. When I purchased, I was given a Will Call number by the DVC rep and she said to give that number to MS to get our AP discount cards. That's all I need? It feels odd that I wasn't sent a confirmation email for the purchase (since MDE sends emails for everything else). APs have been linked in MDE and I have FP+ etc.

We arrive on Sunday morning, my plan is to go to first to SSR to claim Fastpasses that we should be credited from a DVC pitch on our last cruise. Then we will head over to MS at AK, give the Will Call number, and upgrade APs from Gold to Platinum (no charge with DVC promotion).

Correct? Just making sure I am not missing anything!

And as always, thanks to Robo for all of your time and effort to help make everyone's trips so seamless!

So I think I discovered one of the downsides of ordering tickets through a reseller. I bought a 5 day ticket and want to upgrade to a 6 day ticket, I thought I would just do this at the park but then I realized that I would only be able to make 5 days worth of FPs. Called Disney, they can't do anything because they were from a reseller. Called the reseller, they can't do anything because they were e-tickets and there is no way to return them back into their inventory. Oh well, I am still happy with the money I saved.

"Will Call" question -- I purchased DVC Gold APs over the phone in May when I made my room reservation. When I purchased, I was given a Will Call number by the DVC rep and she said to give that number to MS to get our AP discount cards. That's all I need? It feels odd that I wasn't sent a confirmation email for the purchase (since MDE sends emails for everything else). APs have been linked in MDE and I have FP+ etc.

We arrive on Sunday morning, my plan is to go to first to SSR to claim Fastpasses that we should be credited from a DVC pitch on our last cruise. Then we will head over to MS at AK, give the Will Call number, and upgrade APs from Gold to Platinum (no charge with DVC promotion).

And as always, thanks to Robo for all of your time and effort to help make everyone's trips so seamless!

Don't know what "MS" is. ("Mouse Services?")
Regardless, go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth outside any park or at Disney Springs to upgrade and/or activate
your AP and get an AP card. You'll likely need a DVC ID.
Each adult will need a legal photo ID.

Last edited:

Don't know what "MS" is. ("Mouse Services?")
Regardless, go to any Guest Relations or ticket booth outside any park or at Disney Springs to upgrade and/or activate
your AP and get an AP card. You'll likely need a DVC ID.
Each adult will need a legal photo ID.

MS is Member Services - it's a DVC thing. :)

As Robo posted above you can go to any Guest Relations(parks/DS) or any ticket window to activate your AP(and upgrade) and get your AP discount card. You will need ID's for all adults in your party and your DVC Membership card. It doesn't hurt to have the confirmation number but if you can see the APs on your MDE account all you need is your Magic Band, IDs, and DVC Member card.

Which math is correct?

Scenario - Have 6 day + hopper tickets. Package was booked in 2016, so prior to the February increase. Actually trip is taking place in 2017, tomorrow is our arrival day. Are my tickets valued at the old price? Or the current price?

-if valued at old price
Ticket value $451.xx
Annual Pass $829.xx
Difference due to upgrade $378.xx

-if valued at current gate price
Ticket value $495.xx
Annual Pass $829.xx
Difference due to upgrade $334.xx

Which math is correct?

Scenario - Have 6 day + hopper tickets. Package was booked in 2016, so prior to the February increase. Actually trip is taking place in 2017, tomorrow is our arrival day. Are my tickets valued at the old price? Or the current price?

-if valued at old price
Ticket value $451.xx
Annual Pass $829.xx
Difference due to upgrade $378.xx

-if valued at current gate price
Ticket value $495.xx
Annual Pass $829.xx
Difference due to upgrade $334.xx

From various reports, it can be that the CM may decide to do it either way.
It would not hurt to "ask nicely" for the current price to be used in the transaction.

From various reports, it can be that the CM may decide to do it either way.
It would not hurt to "ask nicely" for the current price to be used in the transaction.
Thanks Robo. That's basically what my TA said when I asked her. Of course after she tried to dissuade me from upgrading. I've planned for the worst but will hope for the best and if not granted will definitely ask. Worst the can do is say no.

I have a DVC AP voucher from 6/15/2010. It is linked in MyDisneyExperience, and it shows I have an AP.
About 4-5 days ago, the online system seemed to quit "seeing" it. It still shows in MyDisneyExperince, but won't let me see the passholder pricing for hotel rooms, or the AP price for MVMCP. When I click on the passholder offer, it just flips to the ticket page for me to buy an AP.
I cleared cookies, tried IE and Google Chrome. Hoped it was a glitch, or Disney IT problem they would fix. I tried reentering it. It gave me a number to call.
I called. The CM said an AP voucher that old (only 7 years--how old is she-21? 7 years is not old when you have been going to Disney since 1980.) could not be recognized by the system anymore. I don't believe it. I think she just didn't know how, so instead of finding out how, just told me that, or someone else told her to tell me that. As I said, it worked August 21 & August 22. So it has to be something with a system upgrade change.
Does anyone know anything about system upgrades wiping out older tickets from the system? I have another 13 years to activate it or longer.
Suggestions? I asked her to transfer me to ticketing, and she said it is an hour wait for ticketing. True? If so, it sounds like lots of ticket problems.
Robo, and other ticket experts, please advise.
Thank you.

1. I think she just didn't know how, so instead of finding out how, just told me that, or someone else told her to tell me that.
2. Suggestions?

1. Could be.
2. Call again.
At the following number:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

Thanks, Robo. I will try Monday. Any idea why it would be recognized and work Aug 21 & 22, and suddenly not "be recognized" by the system? System changes no longer recognize older tickets? Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

Thanks, Robo. I will try Monday. Any idea why it would be recognized and work Aug 21 & 22, and suddenly not "be recognized" by the system? System changes no longer recognize older tickets? Aaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhh!

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

DH and I took a 5 day trip to POFQ with a 4 day park hopper pass in July. We were bitten hard by the Disney bug. We can't wait to go back again.

Even though I received a small inheritance and could book another on property trip, we own a timeshare nearby and could make the money last by booking trips to the timeshare and buying park tickets.

I've looked at annual pass and right now we can't schedule enough visits to make it cost effective.

So tell me please, if we buy a 4 day park hopper in advance, how, when do we put it on MDE so we can book FP and ADR? We are looking at October of 2018 as the earliest we can return.

Thanks.

DH and I took a 5 day trip to POFQ with a 4 day park hopper pass in July. We were bitten hard by the Disney bug. We can't wait to go back again.

Even though I received a small inheritance and could book another on property trip, we own a timeshare nearby and could make the money last by booking trips to the timeshare and buying park tickets.

I've looked at annual pass and right now we can't schedule enough visits to make it cost effective.

So tell me please, if we buy a 4 day park hopper in advance, how, when do we put it on MDE so we can book FP and ADR? We are looking at October of 2018 as the earliest we can return.

Open your MDE account, then buy the new tickets from Disney via that account.
The tickets should instantly and automatically show up in your MDE account and
you will have full privileges of the tickets for making advance FP+.

ADRs do not require the purchase of tickets in order to advance book.

Even if your tickets do not show up automatically in your MDE,
you can simply manually add their confirmation numbers to your MDE
and the tickets will become linked to your MDE that way.

-OR-

Using this "manual input" method is also the way to do the connection
so that that you COULD
decide to purchase tickets from one of the many authorized
WDW ticket resellers, and take advantage of the price discounts they offer.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been answered already, but 117 pages... lol
Can I use a day or two of a 3/4 day FL resident ticket on a weekend and then upgrade it to a Weekday Select pass at some point before the expiration date?

I'm sure this has been answered already, but 117 pages... lol
Can I use a day or two of a 3/4 day FL resident ticket on a weekend and then upgrade it to a Weekday Select pass at some point before the expiration date?
Yes.

Open your MDE account, then buy the new tickets from Disney via that account.
The tickets should instantly and automatically show up in your MDE account and
you will have full privileges of the tickets for making advance FP+.

ADRs do not require the purchase of tickets in order to advance book.

Even if your tickets do not show up automatically in your MDE,
you can simply manually add their confirmation numbers to your MDE
and the tickets will become linked to your MDE that way.

-OR-

Using this "manual input" method is also the way to do the connection
so that that you COULD
decide to purchase tickets from one of the many authorized
WDW ticket resellers, and take advantage of the price discounts they offer.
Thank you. I forgot that we have booked ADR when not staying on property or even going into the parks. We do enjoy Disney dining.

Question about the AP companion tickets...are these hard tickets or just paper ones turned in at the tapstiles? I was curious if they could be linked to MDE then be able to make fast passes for the day with them

Question about the AP companion tickets...are these hard tickets or just paper ones turned in at the tapstiles? I was curious if they could be linked to MDE then be able to make fast passes for the day with them

WDW no longer issues any "paper" tickets.
All tickets issued are hard plastic "RFID" credit card-type tickets.
That way, not only do they work at the entrance gates but also
at the FP+ entrances.

And, yes, they can be linked to MDE for use with MagicBands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter