WDW no longer issues any "paper" tickets.
All tickets issued are hard plastic "RFID" credit card-type tickets.
That way, not only do they work at the entrance gates but also
at the FP+ entrances.

And, yes, they can be linked to MDE for use with MagicBands.
Thank you!

Hey Robo - I'm a little hazy on the comment in the upgrading reseller tickets that states "plus the 6.5% tax on the difference". I have a 7day PH from UT that I bought prior to the Feb 2017 change. So I have my math as $829.64-$467.54 (the pre Feb cost of the 7 day hopper per All Ears) = 362.10. Do I need to pay tax on that or no because tax is already included in my numbers. Thanks!

Hey Robo - I'm a little hazy on the comment in the upgrading reseller tickets that states "plus the 6.5% tax on the difference". I have a 7day PH from UT that I bought prior to the Feb 2017 change. So I have my math as $829.64-$467.54 (the pre Feb cost of the 7 day hopper per All Ears) = 362.10. Do I need to pay tax on that or no because tax is already included in my numbers. Thanks!

If you do the math on the "base price" amounts, then the final difference price needs the tax added to it.

If you do the math using the "tax included" amounts, (which is what YOU did do) then the final difference price already includes the tax.

If you do the math on the "base price" amounts, then the final difference price needs the tax added to it.

If you do the math using the "tax included" amounts, (which is what YOU did do) then the final difference price already includes the tax.

Thank you!

Open your MDE account, then buy the new tickets from Disney via that account.
The tickets should instantly and automatically show up in your MDE account and
you will have full privileges of the tickets for making advance FP+.

ADRs do not require the purchase of tickets in order to advance book.

Even if your tickets do not show up automatically in your MDE,
you can simply manually add their confirmation numbers to your MDE
and the tickets will become linked to your MDE that way.

-OR-

Using this "manual input" method is also the way to do the connection
so that that you COULD
decide to purchase tickets from one of the many authorized
WDW ticket resellers, and take advantage of the price discounts they offer.
Thanks Robo. I forgot that we've made ADRs in the past when we haven't even gone to the parks.

Any advantage to buying our tickets now if we don't intend to return until October 2018? When do prices usually go up and do they expire?

Thanks again.

Any advantage to buying our tickets now if we don't intend to return until October 2018? When do prices usually go up and do they expire?

I'd expect an increase within the next 6 months.
My guess is that new tickets likely will continue to have an expiration date that falls within 18-30 months of their purchase date.

Just a small report; I was able to upgrade five 6-day PHs purchased during the big Southwest Vacations deal in Oct 2016, to Park Hopper Plus for only $15.97 ea.

I also upgraded two 7-day PHs I had from ParkSavers (also minted before Feb 2017) to PHP for the same.

The only caveat is that they now show as being "Valid Through: 1/14/2019". Most of these tickets are getting used next month, so I was very happy to get the upgrade price as if they were current gate value Park Hoppers.

Not that it matters, but I did my upgrade at Epcot's Guest Relations.

I also upgraded my own 6-day PH to a Platinum Plus AP, but I need to check the receipts again to see exactly what I paid; I forgot the exact amount since they initially only upgraded me to Platinum by mistake. Had to go back for a 2nd transaction.

I just read the Upgrade section from the beginning of the post, think I understand, but still want to ask this question. If I have a 6 day park only ticket, and I've used the first four days, but then I decide to hop, can I convert only the remaining two days to hoppers?

I just read the Upgrade section from the beginning of the post, think I understand, but still want to ask this question. If I have a 6 day park only ticket, and I've used the first four days, but then I decide to hop, can I convert only the remaining two days to hoppers?

The simple answer is yes.

HOWEVER, since the Park Hopping cost is based of the TOTAL number of days on a ticket (used -and- not yet used,) no matter WHEN you decide to upgrade, the cost will be exactly the same.

So, it will cost $75 to upgrade to hopper on "day one" (before any of the 6-day ticket is used.)
Or, it will cost $75 to upgrade to hopper on "day five" (after four days of the 6-day ticket have been used.)

(Plus tax.)

Last edited:
I could've sworn when I was looking at 3rd parties for tickets a couple of months ago, that I came across one of the licensed sellers that accepted Paypal. Now, I can't seem to find it. A PayPal purchase would be great for me, as I get to make use of Paypal's no payment for six months policy. Do you know of any licensed 3rd party sellers that accept Paypal? (feel free to start a conversation with me if you're more comfortable)

I could've sworn when I was looking at 3rd parties for tickets a couple of months ago, that I came across one of the licensed sellers that accepted Paypal. Now, I can't seem to find it. A PayPal purchase would be great for me, as I get to make use of Paypal's no payment for six months policy. Do you know of any licensed 3rd party sellers that accept Paypal? (feel free to start a conversation with me if you're more comfortable)

Can't you use Paypal to send money to just about anybody?

Can't you use Paypal to send money to just about anybody?

yes, but legally if you're making a purchase, you're supposed to go through Paypal's purchase utility so that they collect their fee (just like Ebay)

I found it, but thanks.

Hey there Robo: I think this may be a dumb question, but I am willing to look dumb in this instance!

I have a trip that I am going to in a few weeks where my husband and I bought 2, 4 day park hoppers.

We have a trip in February where we have 2, 5 day park hoppers.

WE are DVC members and we want to upgrade these to the new DVC Platinum Plus offer.

We are paying cash and not using points for these two trips, so the second trip is not all paid for yet. Meaning, we have not actually paid for the balance of the tickets. Does that make a difference when we go to upgrade these tickets in the next few weeks when we are there? Where do I go to make this transaction happen? Totally could use your help here!

Jennifer

Hey there Robo: I think this may be a dumb question, but I am willing to look dumb in this instance!

I have a trip that I am going to in a few weeks where my husband and I bought 2, 4 day park hoppers.

We have a trip in February where we have 2, 5 day park hoppers.

WE are DVC members and we want to upgrade these to the new DVC Platinum Plus offer.

We are paying cash and not using points for these two trips, so the second trip is not all paid for yet. Meaning, we have not actually paid for the balance of the tickets. Does that make a difference when we go to upgrade these tickets in the next few weeks when we are there? Where do I go to make this transaction happen? Totally could use your help here!

Jennifer

You can only use ONE ticket to upgrade to a single AP.
If you have four tickets, you can only use two of them to upgrade to two APs.

If you have not paid for the second set of tickets, I would cancel them.

You can do the upgrade at any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside any park, or at TTC, or at Disney Springs.

Last edited:
As Robo posted above you can go to any Guest Relations(parks/DS) or any ticket window to activate your AP(and upgrade) and get your AP discount card. You will need ID's for all adults in your party and your DVC Membership card. It doesn't hurt to have the confirmation number but if you can see the APs on your MDE account all you need is your Magic Band, IDs, and DVC Member card.

Thanks! Everything worked out smoothly and we are having a blast this week! And my apologies, MS meaning Member Services, but I meant Guest Services!

Ok, I hope this makes sense. My family is going to Disney for a week (sun-fri) I have purchased 5-day PH that we intend to use s,m,w-f. On Tuesday we are going to MNSSHP. All of our tickets are linked to our magic band. How are we sure that on Tuesday when we enter MK for the party (at 4:00) they use the party ticket and not a day from our park hopper? I purchased online so they automatically went to our bands. I just don't want to get to our last park on Friday morning and have them tell me there are no days left for any of us. Thanks for your input!

How are we sure that on Tuesday when we enter MK for the party (at 4:00) they use the party ticket and not a day from our park hopper?

You really can't.
It's Disney who will be responsible for doing that correctly.
There should be no problem like that, however.

There will be special gates at the MK entrance that are marked for party entry,
so go through those gates for the party.

Otherwise, if Disney makes an error and deducts the wrong ticket,
you will have to go to Guest Relations and they will restore your ticket.

I'd not anticipate any trouble.
But, it is another unintended consequence if the MDE system has a glitch.

You really can't.
It's Disney who will be responsible for doing that correctly.
There should be no problem like that, however.

There will be special gates at the MK entrance that are marked for party entry,
so go through those gates for the party.

Otherwise, if Disney makes an error and deducts the wrong ticket,
you will have to go to Guest Relations and they will restore your ticket.

I'd not anticipate any trouble.
But, it is another unintended consequence if the MDE system has a glitch.

Thank you so much! I didn't know about the separate lines and will be sure to go to those :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter