1. You must mean, 3/1/2019.

2. You will be saving money if you DO renew your current AP...
IF you will NOT be making a trip with any park days needed after 11/17/2019 and for (at least) the first couple of months in 2020.
3. Not really an opinion-type question. Just math.

yep 2019. Can't get my head around that!

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to regret having it expire in 11/2019 and missing the chance at Star Wars previews....:D

yep 2019. Can't get my head around that!

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to regret having it expire in 11/2019 and missing the chance at Star Wars previews....:D

If you KNOW your upcoming trip needs, for sure,
(in your first post it sounded like you DID know, now THIS one, not so much)
it MIGHT even make sense to not buy an AP at all
but just buy tickets for your 3/1/2019 trip.
Don't know how many "days" that will be,
park hoppers needed?
Memory Maker?
Parking?

You didn't include any details (not even the kind of AP that you have) so we really
can't evaluate much further.

If you KNOW your upcoming trip needs, for sure,
(in your first post it sounded like you DID know, now THIS one, not so much)
it MIGHT even make sense to not buy an AP at all
but just buy tickets for your 3/1/2019 trip.
Don't know how many "days" that will be,
park hoppers needed?
Memory Maker?
Parking?

You didn't include any details (not even the kind of AP that you have) so we really
can't evaluate much further.

We have the platinum AP, so we would save about $400 if we renew all 3. We definitely plan on at least 2 trips in 2019, maybe 3 if we can swing time off. I wouldn't buy regular tickets. Definitely getting APs, just can't decide if the renewal discount is worth losing that time.

We have the platinum AP, so we would save about $400 if we renew all 3. We definitely plan on at least 2 trips in 2019, maybe 3 if we can swing time off. I wouldn't buy regular tickets. Definitely getting APs, just can't decide if the renewal discount is worth losing that time.

Yup.
You will be saving money if you DO renew your current AP...
IF you will NOT be making a trip with any park days needed after 11/17/2019 and for (at least) the first couple of months in 2020.

First off, thanks so much for those who contribute to answer so many of our questions!

I have an upgrade/dining question. We will be upgrading to annual passes on our next trip using our already-purchased 7d park hoppers. We also have prepaid for CRT. Can we still take advantage of the 10% off at CRT if we upgrade before dining there?

You need to upgrade the tickets to APs as long *before* the CRT dinner (or anything else you want a discount on) as possible.

Once you upgrade, you can call the Dining line to have the discount applied in advance. (That’s what we did, but it was a prepaid tour we were getting a discount on.) Or, although we didn’t try this, I was told that you could bring the receipt to Guest Relations afterwards and they’d refund the difference.

It makes sense to upgrade as soon as you can, in any case, since there’s lots of food and merchandise discounts.

My sister is wondering what may work best for her. She has a 5 day hopper at home that is a few years old, totally unused. She wants to upgrade to an Annual Pass during our trip in the fall. Will that 5 day pass be worth much, or would she be better off buying a new pass and upgrading to the AP from that?

My sister is wondering what may work best for her. She has a 5 day hopper at home that is a few years old, totally unused. She wants to upgrade to an Annual Pass during our trip in the fall. Will that 5 day pass be worth much, or would she be better off buying a new pass and upgrading to the AP from that?

Where (from whom) and on what date did she buy the 5-day Hopper.
(Please be very specific.)

That ticket may be worth up to $435.59 in an upgrade transaction to a greater ticket or AP.
(Again, the specifics of the purchase matter a great deal.)

Where (from whom) and on what date did she buy the 5-day Hopper.
(Please be very specific.)

That ticket may be worth up to $435.59 in an upgrade transaction to a greater ticket or AP.
(Again, the specifics of the purchase matter a great deal.)

They were purchased from Undercover Tourist. The date on them is 2/15/2015.

They were purchased from Undercover Tourist. The date on them is 2/15/2015.
Very good.

That ticket will be worth $435.59 when upgrading to AP.

Subtract $435.59 from the current cost (including tax) of whichever AP she wants,
and pay that difference price for the upgrade.

The method I used to compute this is found in the Ticket Sticky HERE.

Last edited:
1. If I purchase an AP online and am planning on staying on property, will I be able to make fast pass reservations at the 60 day mark or does the AP need activated first?

2. When I purchase the AP online, am I immediately eligible for any pass holder room discounts that might be going on or does the AP need activated first?

If I purchase an AP online and am planning on staying on property,
1a. will I be able to make fast pass reservations at the 60 day mark
1b. or does the AP need activated first?

When I purchase the AP online,
2a. am I immediately eligible for any pass holder room discounts that might be going on
2b. or does the AP need activated first?

1a. Yes.
1b. Nope.
2a. You do NOT NEED to buy/have an AP or AP certificate in order to book an AP room.
You don't even need to buy an AP until after you get to WDW on that trip with the AP discounted room (but, if you want to book FP+ in advance, you need either tickets or
an AP in your MDX file to do so.)
2b. Nope. You can check to see if there are AP room rates on the DIS Resort Forum.
Then, you can book an AP room rate (if it fits your time-frame) and
just buy the AP whenever you're ready to book FP+.

I bought a ticket that was immediately linked to my MDE. If I don't have a magicband:

1) How do I get an RFID card that I can tap at the rides?
2) If after getting an RFID card, I move the ticket to another profile do I have to get a new RFID card or does the card follow the ticket?

I bought a ticket that was immediately linked to my MDE. If I don't have a magicband:

1) How do I get an RFID card that I can tap at the rides?
2) If after getting an RFID card, I move the ticket to another profile do I have to get a new RFID card or does the card follow the ticket?
1) (AND, used to enter at the park gates.)
Stop by any ticket booth or Guest Relations. Have legal photo ID with you.
Provide the confirmation number or ticket number (it can speed things up if you also have the credit card that you used to purchase the ticket.)
The RFID ticket will be issued free of charge.
2) It will "follow."

Still can't believe it would cost me $75 each to upgrade my four UT 5 day PH pre 2016 tickets to current 6 day PH this July- when it would have only been $15 more originally!! :sad::mad: Guess its no park for us on arrival evening! Just can't bring myself to give up our savings.

Still can't believe it would cost me $75 each to upgrade my four UT 5 day PH pre 2016 tickets to current 6 day PH this July- when it would have only been $15 more originally!! :sad::mad: Guess its no park for us on arrival evening! Just can't bring myself to give up our savings.

You can always ask nicely for a lower rate.

Just curious to know, I upgraded an old 5-day PH to a 6-day PH when we arrived last Saturday. We leave tomorrow and it turns out we did not need the extra day. They charged me $96 for the one-Day upgrade which I thought was high. Is there any chance to get a refund??

Just curious to know, I upgraded an old 5-day PH to a 6-day PH when we arrived last Saturday. We leave tomorrow and it turns out we did not need the extra day. They charged me $96 for the one-Day upgrade which I thought was high. Is there any chance to get a refund??
Well, IF you were overcharged, you should be able to get the over-charge amount refunded.
As to getting a FULL refund for the unused day, that is strictly on an “ask very nicely” situation, as “officially” there are no refunds on purchased tickets.
In any case, good luck.
(And. please post back with the results.)

Ok guys, I have searched for this answer before posting, but I could not find anything definitive.

We are silver AP passholders with our anniversary date in September.

We are considering upgrading to gold APs so we can enjoy a summer visit.

Questions:
1. When you upgrade from Silver to Gold AP, is your anniversary date kept the same, or does your anniversary date now become the upgrade date?
2. If the anniversary date is kept the same, is there some reduction in the upgrade price (pro-rated), since some of the exclusive "gold" days have already passed?
3. Finally, we are paying monthly, on the plan afforded to Florida residents. Is it true that the down payment portion is waived if we renewed at our normal anniversary date? How will upgrading to Gold impact that?

Confusing enough? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter