Questions:
1. When you upgrade from Silver to Gold AP, is your anniversary date kept the same, or does your anniversary date now become the upgrade date?
2. If the anniversary date is kept the same, is there some reduction in the upgrade price (pro-rated), since some of the exclusive "gold" days have already passed?
3. Finally, we are paying monthly, on the plan afforded to Florida residents. Is it true that the down payment portion is waived if we renewed at our normal anniversary date? How will upgrading to Gold impact that?

1) Your anniversary date does not change.
2) The upgrade cost is not pro-rated.
3) Upgrading will have no effect on your ability to renew with no down payment. You’ll still have the window of 60 days before expiration and 30 days after to do a renewal with the discount and no down payment for a monthly payment contract.

Also, you’ll pay the full silver-to-gold difference at time of upgrade; it can’t be rolled into your monthly payments.

Very nice!
They went above and beyond to give you a good outcome!
Hurray for Disney and congrats to you!
Thanks for the follow-up report.

I may just save those AP's for another trip that doesn't include black out dates - otherwise I will have to upgrade them to Platinum.
Here is another question: Can I use 6 day MYW PH that I have for our trip 12/16-12/22 and upgrade on our last day to a GOLD AP even though it will be during the black out time?

I know on the original page they say its rare to add days to your tickets after booked, but I called yesterday and they added another day to my ticket no problem. Booked tickets through Disney, and hotels through DVC owner. 2 months away from my trip

Here is another question: Can I use 6 day MYW PH that I have for our trip 12/16-12/22 and upgrade on our last day to a GOLD AP even though it will be during the black out time?

Yes, as long as you’re a FL resident or a DVC member and therefore eligible for a gold AP.

Yes, as long as you’re a FL resident or a DVC member and therefore eligible for a gold AP.

Yes, we are DVC members. I have never done that before. I have upgraded to AP's before just never during black out dates. We usually don't travel during black out times and really don't need the platinum. I was reading some other posts and realized this might be an option for us since I have 6 day tickets but really also want to upgrade to an AP so we can use AP's again on the next trip in March.

I purchased my AP last May and received the thirteenth month free. My current pass expires 6/25/18. If I renew, what will be my new expiration date? Also what would be the latest date I can renew the pass? Thanks!

I was not sure about WHICH “renewal” you were
asking, but July 24 is 30 days following your expiration date.

I was asking for this year's renewal so I believe July 24, 2018, is the last day I can renew my pass for 2018-2019, correct?

Has anyone recently upgraded a 10 MYW PH+ tickets with memory maker to an AP and had the memory maker price count towards your AP? I read the first page and it says sometimes you can get the $169 refunded or applied and I am just wondering if that was still the case. Thank you for your help.

Has anyone recently upgraded a 10 MYW PH+ tickets with memory maker to an AP and had the memory maker price count towards your AP? I read the first page and it says sometimes you can get the $169 refunded or applied and I am just wondering if that was still the case. Thank you for your help.

Guest Relations can do this, ticket windows can't.

Quick question, I have 2 unused 2-day base tickets that I bought online from Disney last summer. For some reason, I requested the actual cards to be mailed to me. (I originally bought 4 tickets but we recently used up 2 of them.) Our original trip had to be cancelled last fall and I'm hoping to be able to use these before expiration. I still have the paper/receipt that the tickets were stuck onto with adhesive. This paper states 1.14.19 as the expiration date. Robo says all tickets bought in 2017 must have first use by 12.31.18? Which is correct?
(Personally I could use these up in a snap but dh gets "parked-out" quickly. We have a DLR trip in Oct so I have to go easy on him. lol)

Also, if by chance we cannot return to WDW by 1.14.19, and I wish to apply the value of these tickets to a new ticket later in 2019, if I need to do this at a Guest Services window outside the park gate that is fine but would I not be able to pre-book fast passes with them?

Quick question, I have 2 unused 2-day base tickets that I bought online from Disney last summer. For some reason, I requested the actual cards to be mailed to me. (I originally bought 4 tickets but we recently used up 2 of them.) Our original trip had to be cancelled last fall and I'm hoping to be able to use these before expiration.
1. I still have the paper/receipt that the tickets were stuck onto with adhesive. This paper states 1.14.19 as the expiration date.
2. Robo says all tickets bought in 2017 must have first use by 12.31.18?
3. Which is correct?
(Personally I could use these up in a snap but dh gets "parked-out" quickly. We have a DLR trip in Oct so I have to go easy on him. lol)

Also, if by chance we cannot return to WDW by 1.14.19, and I wish to apply the value of these tickets to a new ticket later in 2019,
4. if I need to do this at a Guest Services window outside the park gate that is fine
5. but would I not be able to pre-book fast passes with them?
1. Go by what's printed on YOUR ticket material.
2. That's true, IN GENERAL. Nothing is "always" anything... with Disney.
3. See #1.
4. That is true, IN GENERAL. (There's that statement again.)
5. If a ticket is expired, FP+ cannot be advance-booked based on owning it.

Well, IF you were overcharged, you should be able to get the over-charge amount refunded.
As to getting a FULL refund for the unused day, that is strictly on an “ask very nicely” situation, as “officially” there are no refunds on purchased tickets.
In any case, good luck.
(And. please post back with the results.)

Well, I must have gotten a very nice cast member at the resort, because he was not able to get into the system that Guest Relations has; however, since the upgrade was paid with a Disney gift card and I had used that Disney Gift card also to pay on the room balance, he was able to refund the amount directly to my gift card--which works out to the same end result.

Also, I am happy to report that Guest Relations converted my very old Child 10-day No expiration tickets (3 which had never been used) to Adult 10-day No expiration tickets at no charge.

I also prioritized a ticket that I wanted to use first for our trip just completed. There was an "old" ticket that I was not sure of the days remaining (it was also 10-day NE). At first when I linked the ticket, it was showing 10 parkways left, but after I went through Guest Relations, it showed 5 days -- which in reality is what I think I must have had on it.

I guess I must keep my Fun Visit count myself, because an old ticket has no park days left, but it was 2 Fun Visits--however, these are NOT showing on the app or on MDE.

Thanks for your help, Robo. I have now converted all of my "old tickets" to adult and plastic form.

Do the prices of AP's typically increase the same time of year as the regular tickets? This has happened in February the past few years.

I purchased my AP last May and received the thirteenth month free. My current pass expires 6/25/18. If I renew, what will be my new expiration date? Also what would be the latest date I can renew the pass? Thanks!
How did you receive a 13th month free?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter