Just renewed our APs for the first time. Our next trip is in September and we are arriving around 6:30pm. We were hoping to head straight to AK when we get there. Since this is our first visit after renewal is there any reason we'd need to stop at a ticket window or GS or can we just go about our evening in the park?
You should be fine to enter.
If not, you can step over to the Guest Relations just to the left of the AK entrance gates/tapstiles.

I cant remember when I actually activated my AP. (exact date) But, my MDE says AP expires on April 2, 2019. So my question is can I use AP on April 2nd as last day of use? Im assuming yes.

I hope this is not a stupid question. We are staying on site for 7 nights. I only bought tickets for 6 days. We check in late on Saturday so tickets won't be needed until next day. The 6 days don't start until the first time we go into one of the parks, right?

I hope this is not a stupid question. We are staying on site for 7 nights. I only bought tickets for 6 days. We check in late on Saturday so tickets won't be needed until next day. The 6 days don't start until the first time we go into one of the parks, right?
Correct. Have fun!

You can renew to any level of AP from any other level of AP and still get the renewal discount.
I tried to find the answer to my question in the thread. I think this is the answer but I want to confirm:

I bought a Gold DVC AP and upgraded to the Platnium plus when they had the special deal. Now I want to renew but I want to renew at the DVC Gold renewal pass not the Platinum plus. Is that possible?

I bought a Gold DVC AP and upgraded to the Platnium plus when they had the special deal. Now I want to renew but I want to renew at the DVC Gold renewal pass not the Platinum plus. Is that possible?

Yes, and you will still get the renewal discount.

If my kid turns 3 halfway to the trip does he need park tix for those latter days?

Nope.
Disney does not penalize kids for growing older.

Whatever age the child is on the first day of a particular trip, that is the age the child can
hold onto for the remainder of that trip.

(Same thing is true for kids aging from 9yrs to 10yrs during a particular trip.)

Earlier this year, I noticed that a partially-used no expiration PH ticket was no longer listed under my profile in MDX. Calling in, Ticketing discovered that it had mistakenly been used during a period that I had an active AP, even though I had requested that the ticket have lowest priority. So, Ticketing said they were issuing a new, no charge pass, to replace the ticket that should not have been used, and were sending an email with a confirmation number. It was advised that I either hold the replacement ticket under another name, till needed, or just hold onto the confirmation until I wanted to add the ticket to my account.

Today, when I tried to add the ticket to my profile, using the confirmation number in the email, MDX would not recognize and add the ticket. As I soon will be renewing an AP, using another unused ticket in my account to upgrade, I did not previously add the replaced ticket to my account. Today, however, I received emails warning me that I don't have sufficient tickets for upcoming FPs, as my AP recently expired. I don't want to lose those FPs, which will be deleted in a day, without a valid FP or additional tix.

I have been told that an AP renewal with an unused ticket as an upgrade must be processed onsite. I will be visiting WDW within the 30 day grace period for renewal, but not before the FPs will be deleted.

Earlier this year, I noticed that a partially-used no expiration PH ticket was no longer listed under my profile in MDX. Calling in, Ticketing discovered that it had mistakenly been used during a period that I had an active AP, even though I had requested that the ticket have lowest priority. So, Ticketing said they were issuing a new, no charge pass, to replace the ticket that should not have been used, and were sending an email with a confirmation number. It was advised that I either hold the replacement ticket under another name, till needed, or just hold onto the confirmation until I wanted to add the ticket to my account.

Today, when I tried to add the ticket to my profile, using the confirmation number in the email, MDX would not recognize and add the ticket. As I soon will be renewing an AP, using another unused ticket in my account to upgrade, I did not previously add the replaced ticket to my account. Today, however, I received emails warning me that I don't have sufficient tickets for upcoming FPs, as my AP recently expired. I don't want to lose those FPs, which will be deleted in a day, without a valid FP or additional tix.

I have been told that an AP renewal with an unused ticket as an upgrade must be processed onsite. I will be visiting WDW within the 30 day grace period for renewal, but not before the FPs will be deleted.

These unfortunate situations need to be handled by Disney.
Any time-sensitive issues need to be addressed as soon as possible.
Sorry to hear that you are having so many difficulties with tickets and MDX!

These unfortunate situations need to be handled by Disney.
Any time-sensitive issues need to be addressed as soon as possible.
Sorry to hear that you are having so many difficulties with tickets and MDX!
Should I contact Ticketing, web support, or?

Thanks for the help, Robo.

Should I contact Ticketing, web support, or?
Either or both. Just be firmly persistent, as these issues are not of your making, but are the result of flawed systems Disney does not seem to address.
Your FPs, if they are lost, sadly, cannot be replaced.
Be polite, but firmly resolved in your interactions with the CMs on the phone.

Either or both. Just be firmly persistent, as these issues are not of your making, but are the result of flawed systems Disney does not seem to address.
Your FPs, if they are lost, sadly, cannot be replaced.
Be polite, but firmly resolved in your interactions with the CMs on the phone.
I actually got it resolved on my own. I changed browsers and was able to get the reissued ticket linked to MDX; it's now showing up in my tickets. It seems that sometimes the site is just really touchy or glitchy.

Now, if only I were able to renew my AP/upgrade online or on the phone!

Thanks, again, for the always great help, Robo.

If I have a free dining package booked with 9 day tickets, am I able to change the tickets to 10 day tickets without changing my package? If so, how do I go about doing that?

If I have a free dining package booked with 9 day tickets, am I able to change the tickets to 10 day tickets without changing my package? If so, how do I go about doing that?

Just call the regular phone line and ask for the change.
It should not cause any problems with your current reservations.

which guest relation service would be less crowded on a Sunday afternoon in July to activate my park hopper pass??

Disney Spring or outside of MK (don't want to visit a park that day).

TIA!!

which guest relation service would be less crowded on a Sunday afternoon in July to activate my park hopper pass??

Disney Spring or outside of MK (don't want to visit a park that day).

TIA!!

Why do you need to "activate" your ticket?
(Generally, tickets don't need to be activated.)

Did you order a ticket (without delivery) and just need to physically pick it up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter