Why do you need to "activate" your ticket?
(Generally, tickets don't need to be activated.)

Did you order a ticket (without delivery) and just need to physically pick it up?

because I want to use the ticket portion of the package 2 days prior to my check in.

ETA: I want to go to water park first. but was told water park guest relation cannot activate my ticket at turnstile. so i would need to go to other places to activate it.

because I want to use the ticket portion of the package 2 days prior to my check in.

ETA: I want to go to water park first. but was told water park guest relation cannot activate my ticket at turnstile. so i would need to go to other places to activate it.

Water Park Guest Relations should be able to activate your package tickets.
However, if you want to go elsewhere instead, go to any theme park gate area Guest Relations or the Disney Springs' Welcome Center and that will work.
There is no one place better than the others at all times.
It is the luck of the draw and your timing.

Ok. I’m going to ask a dumb question. We have 4 day park hoppers we plan to upgrade to AP’s when we go at the end of July. We see in the app we are able to upgrade those tickets to APs in the app but we can’t figure out HOW to actually do it. There doesn’t seem to be an option to actually do this anywhere. Anyone have any insight to this?

Ok. I’m going to ask a dumb question. We have 4 day park hoppers we plan to upgrade to AP’s when we go at the end of July. We see in the app we are able to upgrade those tickets to APs in the app but we can’t figure out HOW to actually do it. There doesn’t seem to be an option to actually do this anywhere. Anyone have any insight to this?

AFAIK, it only gives you the ability to do it once the tickets have been partially used, so you can’t upgrade to AP and then reassign.

AFAIK, it only gives you the ability to do it once the tickets have been partially used, so you can’t upgrade to AP and then reassign.
If the PHs were not purchased from Disney, the upgrade to APs only can be done onsite at a ticket counter or Guest Relations.

If the PHs were not purchased from Disney, the upgrade to APs only can be done onsite at a ticket counter or Guest Relations.

I helped a guest today who said they were able to upgrade partially used AAA tickets to AP via the app, so I’m not entirely sure about that.

I helped a guest today who said they were able to upgrade partially used AAA tickets to AP via the app, so I’m not entirely sure about that.

I was told yesterday on the phone, by a Ticketing CM, that they do not have access to the original ticket info needed to upgrade, and that it needed to be done onsite. I inquired about doing it on the app, as well, and was told that can't be done, if ticket not purchased from Disney.

I was told yesterday on the phone, by a Ticketing CM, that they do not have access to the original ticket info needed to upgrade, and that it needed to be done onsite. I inquired about doing it on the app, as well, and was told that can't be done, if ticket not purchased from Disney.

Another user on this board had the option in their MDX app to upgrade their Undercover Tourist ticket.

Phone CMs got zero training with regard to the in-app upgrades, so I'm not surprised they don't know anything about it. Heck, I barely got training on it, and the validation process is part of my job...

My poor wife spent two hours on the phone with 4 different CMs trying to get our 7 day PH tix upgraded to AP's with no success. They all told us we had to do it in person. I don't know if we just keep calling till we get the right person or what. Tried to on MDE, but could not upgrade, only purchase.

My poor wife spent two hours on the phone with 4 different CMs trying to get our 7 day PH tix upgraded to AP's with no success. They all told us we had to do it in person. I don't know if we just keep calling till we get the right person or what. Tried to on MDE, but could not upgrade, only purchase.

You didn't say where, when or how you bought your 7 day tickets.

It will be a simple matter to do the upgrade after you arrive.
It will certainly save more time spent on the phone.

:welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Chris!

You didn't say where, when or how you bought your 7 day tickets.

It will be a simple matter to do the upgrade after you arrive.
It will certainly save more time spent on the phone.

:welcome: to posting on the DISboards, Chris!
Thanks for the welcome!

Tix were bought through Disney about 9 months ago. Just hoping they don't increase prices before then...

We arrive 12/15/18 and booked 499 days out

This is very similar to my experience - both the CM phone info and app limitations. However, my ticket was purchased from UT.

This is very similar to my experience - both the CM phone info and app limitations. However, my ticket was purchased from UT.
They make it a bit too frustrating to me. We were also requesting an itemized list for the trip cost, as it is a multi-family trip, but they said they couldn't provide any specific ticket or lodging pricing... Just the total bill.

They make it a bit too frustrating to me. We were also requesting an itemized list for the trip cost, as it is a multi-family trip, but they said they couldn't provide any specific ticket or lodging pricing... Just the total bill.
If you are buying a WDW resort package, they do not itemize the individual costs.

However, if you want to know the exact "VALUE" of the tickets in the package, Disney
will "VALUE" the tickets at the same amount as the cost of buying the tickets at regular full price
from the ticket price list. (HERE)

That is not what a guest actually "pays" for the package tickets,
(that amount is only known to Disney, internally)
but that is what will be given as their "VALUE"
in any transaction if the tickets are upgraded.

If you are buying a WDW resort package, they do not itemize the individual costs.

However, if you want to know the exact "VALUE" of the tickets in the package, Disney
will "VALUE" the tickets at the same amount as the cost of buying the tickets at regular full price
from the ticket price list. (HERE)

That is not what a guest actually "pays" for the package tickets,
(that amount is only known to Disney, internally)
but that is what will be given as their "VALUE"
in any transaction if the tickets are upgraded.

I guess that may be the point I am missing. We called 499 days out to reserve a preferred campsite at the fort. CM told my wife we should go ahead and lock in ticket prices, but could call and change at any point before final payment. Now they are telling us we are locked into a package. Buying 6 adult and 4 kids 7 day PH through them. We would like to downgrade 1 adult and upgrade 2 adults to AP. I would think they could easily itemize what generated the total bill and why wouldn’t they be able to adjust existing reservation. We didn’t get a “deal”, we paid going rate for campsite and tickets, so not sure how that becomes a unbreakable “package”.

I guess that may be the point I am missing. We called 499 days out to reserve a preferred campsite at the fort. CM told my wife we should go ahead and lock in ticket prices, but could call and change at any point before final payment. Now they are telling us we are locked into a package. Buying 6 adult and 4 kids 7 day PH through them. We would like to downgrade 1 adult and upgrade 2 adults to AP. I would think they could easily itemize what generated the total bill and why wouldn’t they be able to adjust existing reservation. We didn’t get a “deal”, we paid going rate for campsite and tickets, so not sure how that becomes a unbreakable “package”.

Downgrading within a certain amount of time before your check-in has built-in fees, and they tend to
charge the fees for downgrading.
(So does "upgrading," but they generally ignore that charge if you are upgrading more than about 30 days before
your check-in date.)

It is generally financially unwise to make changes to a resort package after there has been an interim price increase.

I want to be sure I’m interpreting some info correctly in the first few posts.

1. Concerning the Park Hopper Plus tickets: If purchasing a six day pass, and use up the six days of Main Park entries for the first 6 consecutive days, a 7th day could be used to go to a Water Park (provided 6 secondary park entries have not already been used) even though the 6 Main Park days have been exhausted.

2. If a six day pass is purchased and on the sixth day we decide we want a seventh day of a park, we can upgrade our ticket on that sixth day (before the last park closes?) to add a seventh day for the $10/person that is the difference in the original costs of a 6 day versus 7 day.
1. Correct.
2. Correct. (Plus tax, of course.)
I was hoping to ask some follow-up questions about this situation:

A. If you have a 6-day Park Hopper Plus ticket, and you use up the six days of Main Park entries for the first six consecutive days, I understand you that you can then go to a Water Park on the 7th day (provided there are secondary park entries left remaining) even though the six Main Park days have been exhausted.

B. I assume you can keep going to Water Parks on subsequent days, until (a) you run out of secondary park entries, or (b) you reach the 14-day expiration.

C. Assuming there are secondary park entries left remaining in these subsequent days (meaning there are assets left on the ticket), can you upgrade the ticket to add another Main Park entry on the 8th or 9th day?

Thanks! :earsboy:

I was hoping to ask some follow-up questions about this situation:

A. If you have a 6-day Park Hopper Plus ticket, and you use up the six days of Main Park entries for the first six consecutive days, I understand you that you can then go to a Water Park on the 7th day (provided there are secondary park entries left remaining) even though the six Main Park days have been exhausted.

B. I assume you can keep going to Water Parks on subsequent days, until (a) you run out of secondary park entries, or (b) you reach the 14-day expiration.

C. Assuming there are secondary park entries left remaining in these subsequent days (meaning there are assets left on the ticket), can you upgrade the ticket to add another Main Park entry on the 8th or 9th day?

Thanks! :earsboy:

A. Correct.
B. Correct.
C. Yes.

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I just want to make sure I do this correctly to save as much time as possible.

I bought a 5-day PH from UT that I plan to upgrade to an AP during our trip in October. I know I have to wait until I get there to upgrade, but can I do this at the TTC prior to using the ticket, or do I need to enter a park first, then upgrade at GR? Would rather do it at TTC and get it out of the way first thing, if possible, but I've heard that tickets bought from UT have to be used at least once before they can be upgraded. Need to hear the definitive answer from Robo!! Thanks!

Downgrading within a certain amount of time before your check-in has built-in fees, and they tend to
charge the fees for downgrading.
(So does "upgrading," but they generally ignore that charge if you are upgrading more than about 30 days before
your check-in date.)

It is generally financially unwise to make changes to a resort package after there has been an interim price increase.

I don’t disagree downgrading is rarely ideal, but is is 1 adamant MIL in a party of 10. The frustrating bit is they are telling us to drop her from the res, then add once we get there. Telling us she will lose FP & EMH privileges. Maybe I am unrealistic, but I think being this restrictive is too much. I think some flexibility needs to be added to the system, especially considering how liberal the cancellation policy is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter