My dad (retired military) is about to drive out to the local arsenal ticket office and purchase tickets for us. We will NOT get the military salute ticket since we won't have a military/retired military person with us during the actual trip. However, the 4 day PH ticket price I was quoted is still a good discount from direct pricing. Will we need to give the ticket office our expected start date? Also, can these tickets be upgraded and with price bridging (assuming we get a knowledgeable and willing CM)? If so,
A. how do we know what year they were created in? We are buying 4 day PHs but may stay longer.

ETA: Never mind. I think I found my answer in the sticky (didn't see it at first). Correct me please if this info has changed. Thx!
Military Tickets -
These are tickets similar to MYW tickets and can be sold at various military bases and at the Shades of Green Resort at WDW.
These Military Tickets are not only price-discounted, but Florida Sales Tax is not charged.

Military "Non-Salute" Tickets can be upgraded similarly to regular MYW tickets.
They can be "price bridged" to the current full price of the equivalent ticket bought from Disney.
These are subject to the same rules as MYW ticket upgrades:
Must be done within 14 days of first use and with entitlements still remaining on the ticket.
Nothing has changed in the rules quoted above.
Have a great trip!

A. You may (or may not) be able to CALL Disney (OR a contact number for the military -I have no idea what sort of office the military has that keeps track of military tickets) and ask when your tickets were bought from Disney. (Have the tickets' numbers ready when you call.)
It is also possible that your tickets will be considered "current tickets" for the purposes of upgrade.
There have been no reports that I've seen regarding these tickets.

Nothing has changed in the rules quoted above.
Have a great trip!

A. You may (or may not) be able to CALL Disney (OR a contact number for the military -I have no idea what sort of office the military has that keeps track of military tickets) and ask when your tickets were bought from Disney. (Have the tickets' numbers ready when you call.)
It is also possible that your tickets will be considered "current tickets" for the purposes of upgrade.
There have been no reports that I've seen regarding these tickets.

Thanks! Wouldn't you be able to tell by the expiration date? If it has a 2030 expiration than it would have to be one of the earlier tickets right? and thus its not really fully 'bridgeable' if that is the right word. For instance I bought a 4 -day PH and if the MWR bought it much earlier like say the example C then the tickets value would only be $484.58 and then to upgrade to a current 6 day PH after we arrive it would cost quite a bit, $179.42 by my calculation (traveling over New Years so expensive per day price too). However, if it is a recent ticket then the value would be whatever the current 2019 price is. Am I understanding correctly? Hope its not an older ticket. :/

Thanks! Wouldn't you be able to tell by the expiration date?
1. If it has a 2030 expiration than it would have to be one of the earlier tickets right?
2. and thus its not really fully 'bridgeable' if that is the right word.
3. For instance I bought a 4 -day PH and if the MWR bought it much earlier like say the example C then the tickets value would only be $484.58 and then to upgrade to a current 6 day PH after we arrive it would cost quite a bit, $179.42 by my calculation (traveling over New Years so expensive per day price too).
4. However, if it is a recent ticket then the value would be whatever the current 2019 price is. Am I understanding correctly? Hope its not an older ticket. :/
1. Current "regular" tickets do not have a 2030 expiration date.
Regular tickets expire within 10-18 months from purchase, give or take.
(AP's and other "special" tickets expire on the default date of Dec. 31, 2030.)
Also, you are correct that a "very" old (let's say 4 years and more) regular ticket may
show a 2030 expiration date, too.
2. Nearly all "regular" tickets purchased via authorized resellers/discounters are fully "bridgeable."
BUT, the value to which they are "bridged" depends on Disney on-line prices when those tickets were first acquired from Disney by those resellers/discounters.
3. & 4. I didn't check your numbers, but that's the correct idea.

1. Current "regular" tickets do not have a 2030 expiration date.
Regular tickets expire within 10-18 months from purchase, give or take.
(AP's and other "special" tickets expire on the default date of Dec. 31, 2030.)
Also, you are correct that a "very" old (let's say 4 years and more) regular ticket may
show a 2030 expiration date, too.
2. Nearly all "regular" tickets purchased via authorized resellers/discounters are fully "bridgeable."
BUT, the value to which they are "bridged" depends on Disney on-line prices when those tickets were first acquired from Disney by those resellers/discounters.
3. & 4. I didn't check your numbers, but that's the correct idea.

I think I get it. I guess its pretty important that I find out when the MWR bought these tickets from Disney. Hmm. I was hoping if there was an expiration date on them that would help me determine it and it sounds like it would but only with in 10-18 months.

I have a plan and I want to run it by the experts....

I'm taking a trip with my dad from October 29- November 3, 2020. I am also planning (hoping!) to take a trip in mid-October 2021. My dad and I are planning to buy 6-day park-hopper tickets for our trip, but when we get closer to the trip, I will have a better idea if I will be able to go in 2021 or not. Ideally, I would like to upgrade the 6-day park-hopper to the DVC Gold Pass as soon as we arrive so that I can take advantage of the PhotoPass feature. I would also like to use Disney Gift Cards (bought with the 5% discount at Target, of course :thumbsup2 ) to pay for the upgrade.

Here's my math....
  • 6-day Park Hopper from UCT with start date of Oct 29, 2020: $549.94
  • Gate Price (currently, subject to change by next year): $591.49 (incl. tax)
  • DVC Gold Pass: $744.44 (incl. tax)
  • Cost at gate to upgrade: $152.95
    • $150 worth of Disney Gift Cards bought from Target with 5% Discount: $142.50
    • $2.95 additional
  • TOTAL cost of DVC Gold Pass: $695.39
Does this look right? Am I missing anything? I am 99% sure I am going again in October 2021, I'm just not sure who will be going with me....friends or family. I do know that it will be the second week of October at the absolute latest so the AP will still be good for the entire trip.

I have a plan and I want to run it by the experts....

I'm taking a trip with my dad from October 29- November 3, 2020. I am also planning (hoping!) to take a trip in mid-October 2021. My dad and I are planning to buy 6-day park-hopper tickets for our trip, but when we get closer to the trip, I will have a better idea if I will be able to go in 2021 or not. Ideally, I would like to upgrade the 6-day park-hopper to the DVC Gold Pass as soon as we arrive so that I can take advantage of the PhotoPass feature. I would also like to use Disney Gift Cards (bought with the 5% discount at Target, of course :thumbsup2 ) to pay for the upgrade.

Here's my math....
  • 6-day Park Hopper from UCT with start date of Oct 29, 2020: $549.94
  • Gate Price (currently, subject to change by next year): $591.49 (incl. tax)
  • DVC Gold Pass: $744.44 (incl. tax)
  • Cost at gate to upgrade: $152.95
    • $150 worth of Disney Gift Cards bought from Target with 5% Discount: $142.50
    • $2.95 additional
  • TOTAL cost of DVC Gold Pass: $695.39
Does this look right? Am I missing anything? I am 99% sure I am going again in October 2021, I'm just not sure who will be going with me....friends or family. I do know that it will be the second week of October at the absolute latest so the AP will still be good for the entire trip.

You would not use the Disney GATE price for the 6-day PH.
(The "gate price" is actually higher than the on-line price.)
But, you would use the Disney ON-LINE for the 6-day PH. (Which IS, [basically] as you stated $591.50)
It does not matter at all (for the purposes of upgrade) what YOU paid UT for the ticket.)

$744.44 DVC Gold Pass (incl. tax) [I'm taking your word for this price.]
-591.50 6-Day Hopper, Oct. 29.
=152.94 Total Cost to upgrade to DVC Gold Pass incl. tax (no matter what form of payment you choose.)
If you have some kind of gift cards or other ways to pay that cost less than straight cash, that's gravy!

Yup. An AP is valid from the date that you first USE it, up through the close of the parks on exact same date one year later.

Last edited:
You would not use the Disney GATE price for the 6-day PH.
(The "gate price" is actually higher than the on-line price.)
But, you would use the Disney ON-LINE for the 6-day PH. (Which IS, [basically] as you stated $591.50)
It does not matter at all (for the purposes of upgrade) what YOU paid UT for the ticket.)

$744.44 DVC Gold Pass (incl. tax) [I'm taking your word for this price.]
-591.50 6-Day Hopper, Oct. 29.
=152.94 Total Cost to upgrade to DVC Gold Pass incl. tax (no matter what form of payment you choose.)
If you have some kind of gift cards or other ways to pay that cost less than straight cash, that's gravy!

Yup. An AP is valid from the date that you first USE it, up through the close of the parks on exact same date one year later.
Thanks for verifying :thumbsup2 . The DVC Gold Pass is $699 + tax ($744.44 total) so, based on my calculations, I should be able to get it for $695.39....a 6.6% savings, or almost $50. That's not much, but I don't know where else you can get a discount on a discounted AP:goodvibes.

Booked a short trip next September with 3 day tickets in the package. Just booked a 2 night trip for February with 2 day tickets. As I was looking at MDE and saw we each have 2 tickets I am now wondering if the system will know which tickets to use since they were purchased as packages and of course date based. I know in the past people would prioritize their tickets. Is that something I need to do for ours or will they know the 2 day is for February and the 3 day is for September automatically at the gate since they were purchased as part of each package?

Booked a short trip next September with 3 day tickets in the package. Just booked a 2 night trip for February with 2 day tickets. As I was looking at MDE and saw we each have 2 tickets I am now wondering if the system will know which tickets to use since they were purchased as packages and of course date based.
1. I know in the past people would prioritize their tickets.
2. Is that something I need to do for ours or will they know the 2 day is for February and the 3 day is for September automatically at the gate since they were purchased as part of each package?
1. That's still a standard procedure when guests have multiple valid tickets.
2. Couldn't hurt to do it.
But, since current tickets are date-based, unless you paid [unnecessarily] for "open dated" tickets...
The only tickets that will WORK in Feb. are the tickets that have the Feb. dates.
And, the only tickets that will WORK in Sept. are the tickets that have the Sept. dates.

Last edited:
1. That's still a standard procedure when guests have multiple valid tickets.
2. Couldn't hurt to do it.
But, since current tickets are date-based, unless you paid [unnecessarily] for "open dated" tickets...
The only tickets that will WORK in Feb. are the tickets that have the Feb. dates.
And, the only tickets that will WORK in Sept. are the tickets that have the Sept. dates.

thanks that was what I was thinking but still worry about their system being unreliable. We have had annual passes in the past so this wasn’t a concern but never had 2 trips with regular tickets before.

I have a question about the 4 Park Magic Tickets. If I add the Water Park option, Can I use the Water Park option on a separate day? It sounds like it would be over the same 7 day period as the Theme Park tickets, but want to make sure.

I have a question about the 4 Park Magic Tickets. If I add the Water Park option, Can I use the Water Park option on a separate day? It sounds like it would be over the same 7 day period as the Theme Park tickets, but want to make sure.
Correct, the 4 Park Magic ticket is good for 7 days from the start date. The water park and NBA Experience option is good for the same 7 days. That’s 6 different entitlements across the 7 days.

Enjoy your vacation!

Is there anyone out there who will take pity on this old lady? I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand but have been left in the dust since I have been 24/7 caregiver for DH since 2016.
I have 2 old (pre-2016) unused 6 day adult hopper tickets. They were purchased from Undercover Tourist. I am going to give them to my DSis and her DH because we will never be able to use them. My DSis needs 8 or 9 days of hoppers. Am I looking at the info correctly--current Disney price is $451.56 for a 6 day hopper and $478.19 for 8 day hopper and $488.84 for 9 day hopper. My DSis should only have to pay the difference between the 6 day and 8 or 9 day prices to upgrade? And that can only be done once they get to WDW? And it is no longer necessary to use the tickets at least once in order to get the bridging prices? TIA to anyone who can offer help. I so appreciate it.

Is there anyone out there who will take pity on this old lady? I used to know this stuff like the back of my hand but have been left in the dust since I have been 24/7 caregiver for DH since 2016.
I have 2 old (pre-2016) unused 6 day adult hopper tickets. They were purchased from Undercover Tourist. I am going to give them to my DSis and her DH because we will never be able to use them. My DSis needs 8 or 9 days of hoppers. Am I looking at the info correctly--current Disney price is $451.56 for a 6 day hopper and $478.19 for 8 day hopper and $488.84 for 9 day hopper. My DSis should only have to pay the difference between the 6 day and 8 or 9 day prices to upgrade? And that can only be done once they get to WDW? And it is no longer necessary to use the tickets at least once in order to get the bridging prices? TIA to anyone who can offer help. I so appreciate it.

I'm not sure where you are reading those "current" prices that I bolded above - they look to be the "A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE." from post #6 of this same thread. Assuming you are correct that your tickets are "pre-2016" then that appears to be the value of your old 6-day hopper ticket ($451.56).

Current WDW tickets are date-based, so the price varies depending on when your sister plans to go. Current prices can be found on the WDW website. (For reference, an 8-day hopper ticket ranges between $525 and $664 based on dates.) She would pay the difference between current online price and the value from the link above.

Enjoy your vacation!

Last edited:
I'm not sure where you are reading those "current" prices that I bolded above - they look to be the "A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE." from post #6 of this same thread. Assuming you are correct that your tickets are "pre-2016" then that appears to be the value of your old 6-day hopper ticket ($451.56).

Current WDW tickets are date-based, so the price varies depending on when your sister plans to go. Current prices can be found on the WDW website. (For reference, an 8-day hopper ticket ranges between $525 and $664 based on dates.) She would pay the difference between current online price and the value from the link above.

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you! I think I get it now. I will let my DSis know the upgrade costs so she can decide what to do. I really appreciate that you took the time to help me out.

Here's an odd question, I'll be making my trip to orlando tmrw. I read on the annual passholder page that you can get a free NBA Jersey by purchasing the AP at the disney center at Amway center. Can I do the upgrade process there? Would they recognize the value of my undercover tourist ticket? Thanks!!

I was just looking at MDE and seems like mine, and my family's tickets, for our upcoming January trip aren't visible. I chatted with MDE support and they said it's just an interface issue and they are still linked. Has anyone had this issue? If so, do people think they are actually still linked or could this be an issue when we attempt to enter the park?

I was just looking at MDE and seems like mine, and my family's tickets, for our upcoming January trip aren't visible. I chatted with MDE support and they said it's just an interface issue and they are still linked.
1. Has anyone had this issue?
2. If so, do people think they are actually still linked or
3. could this be an issue when we attempt to enter the park?
1. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
(MDE is a very poorly-behaving, glitchy system.)
2. Very likely you will be just fine.
3. OTOH, if it IS an issue, it can be fixed by the CMs there.

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg

Here's an odd question, I'll be making my trip to orlando tmrw. I read on the annual passholder page that you can get a free NBA Jersey by purchasing the AP at the disney center at Amway center. Can I do the upgrade process there? Would they recognize the value of my undercover tourist ticket? Thanks!!
As far as I can tell, the Amway ticket center is ALSO an authorized WDW ticket reseller (just like Undercover Tourist.)
So, they would not be able to "upgrade" another reseller's ticket.
(The free NBA jersey would be a premium to entice guests to buy their tickets via the Amway center.)

But, to make sure, why not contact the Amway ticket center?

As far as I can tell, the Amway ticket center is ALSO an authorized WDW ticket reseller (just like Undercover Tourist.)
So, they would not be able to "upgrade" another reseller's ticket.
(The free NBA jersey would be a premium to entice guests to buy their tickets via the Amway center.)

But, to make sure, why not contact the Amway ticket center?
Will do, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter