• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I was just looking at MDE and seems like mine, and my family's tickets, for our upcoming January trip aren't visible. I chatted with MDE support and they said it's just an interface issue and they are still linked. Has anyone had this issue? If so, do people think they are actually still linked or could this be an issue when we attempt to enter the park?

Just to circle back and update, all our tickets are showing as linked today. Looks like it was just a 24 hour glitch. Hopefully they stay that way!

Just to circle back and update, all our tickets are showing as linked today. Looks like it was just a 24 hour glitch. Hopefully they stay that way!
Sounds good.
Unfortunately, that's all-too-common.
But, now you'll know what to expect if it happens again.

Have a great trip!

Question about AP vouchers, please.
We are in CA and only get to Disney World every 3-5 years, but we learned long ago that we stay long enough that buying and annual pass was smart. On top of that, we picked up on the (substantial) yearly ticket price increases, so we started buying our AP 3, 4, or even 5 years before our next trip to save money. We just got back from a wonderful 15 night stay using our latest (and almost-to-expire) AP's we purchased in Feb 2016 for $749 each, and in hopes of another trip in a few years we're considering buying AP's in advance again... and now am getting the sticker shock for the next go-round with the current price being $370 ea more. Wow!
Anyway, one question.
The 2030 expiration is not a big deal, but as we're getting older we are trying to be realistic, and wondering if we buy the vouchers now and are not able to make another trip, what can we do with the vouchers? Doubt they could be refunded, and would never have the time or inclination to try and resell them even if allowed, but would we be able to gift them? To our (adult ) children, or even someone else? I don't remember if the vouchers have a name on them, but if not maybe they could be just handed over?
I've found so much info on the Disboards and Google around this topic, but just not seeing anything pertaining to this exactly, although I'm sure this is a common situation,.
Thanks in advance for anyone that has an opinion or info, and sure hope you are all having a magical day! 460125

Question about AP vouchers, please.
We are in CA...
The 2030 expiration is not a big deal, but as we're getting older we are trying to be realistic, and wondering if we buy the vouchers now and are not able to make another trip, what can we do with the vouchers?
1. Doubt they could be refunded, and would never have the time or inclination to try and resell them even if allowed,
2. but would we be able to gift them? To our (adult ) children, or even someone else?
3. I don't remember if the vouchers have a name on them, but if not maybe they could be just handed over?
I've found so much info on the Disboards and Google around this topic, but just not seeing anything pertaining to this exactly, although I'm sure this is a common situation,.
Thanks in advance for anyone that has an opinion or info, and sure hope you are all having a magical day! View attachment 460125
1. No refunds can be expected.
2. You can sell or gift them to anyone.
3. Doesn’t matter.

Some members of our group who already purchased park hoppers will most likely not be able to go on our trip in February.

If their park hoppers go unused, they can still apply the price they paid for the unused tickets to the purchase of future tickets, correct? How would they do that? Do they do anything about it now or wait until they can go again?

We are staying on DVC points, so the tickets are not part of a package (if that matters.)

Thank you!

I want to share my experience that yesterday (12/22 Which is during the gold pass blackout), I was able to upgrade my 8d PH tickets to a gold pass without issue. I used the tickets the previous 8 days (so some Use during the blackout period), but when I upgraded at guest services there was no problem choosing gold pass. She warned me I wouldn’t be able to park hop when I left HS, but I said that’s fine, we leave for our flight soon. I was also able to apply the cost of memory maker ($169) to the AP upgrade cost even though I had activated and used memory maker all week (this one required manager approval, but it still seemed easy). It was a great experience at HS guest services, and it worked out exactly as I wanted.

Thought I would shared because I think there are some others planning to do this soon.

Some members of our group who already purchased park hoppers will most likely not be able to go on our trip in February.

If their park hoppers go unused, they can still apply the price they paid for the unused tickets to the purchase of future tickets, correct? How would they do that? Do they do anything about it now or wait until they can go again?

We are staying on DVC points, so the tickets are not part of a package (if that matters.)

Thank you!
I would like to know this too since I’m getting ready to buy tickets.

1. If their park hoppers go unused, they can still apply the price they paid for the unused tickets to the purchase of future tickets, correct?
2. How would they do that?
3. Do they do anything about it now or wait until they can go again?

4. We are staying on DVC points, so the tickets are not part of a package (if that matters.)

Thank you!
1. Correct.
2. When they arrive at WDW on their next trip, they can purchase new tickets using the value of the older tickets toward the cost.
(It MIGHT be able to be done in advance of the trip by calling Disney... or that MIGHT NOT be possible in advance.
Things like this can change over time.)
3. If they/you know the exact dates when they WILL be making their next trip, it might be possible to get new tickets for them when YOU are at WDW.
4. Doesn't matter for this situation.

1. Correct.
2. When they arrive at WDW on their next trip, they can purchase new tickets using the value of the older tickets toward the cost.
(It MIGHT be able to be done in advance of the trip by calling Disney... or that MIGHT NOT be possible in advance.
Things like this can change over time.)
3. If they/you know the exact dates when they WILL be making their next trip, it might be possible to get new tickets for them when YOU are at WDW.
4. Doesn't matter for this situation.
Can you make fast passes on tickets with an incorrect date?

Does anyone know if when you go to to ticket booth or guest relations counter, can you use several different types of payment formats to pay to upgrade your current tickets to an AP? I currently have a 3 day hopper and looking to upgrade to an AP during our trip next month. I want to use the Disney gift cards, Visa gift cards, and cash that I received for Xmas to pay for the upgrade. Anyone know if they will do this?

1. Does anyone know if when you go to to ticket booth or guest relations counter, can you use several different types of payment formats to pay to upgrade your current tickets to an AP?
I currently have a 3 day hopper and looking to upgrade to an AP during our trip next month.
2. I want to use the Disney gift cards, Visa gift cards, and cash that I received for Xmas to pay for the upgrade.
3. Anyone know if they will do this?
1. Yes, you can.
2. That'll work.
3. I'm anyone, and I know.

Just as a data point for people upgrading tickets to an AP:

1. We purchased a package (Ultimate Christmas Package) back in August. Had room + tickets + extras. We both had platinum APs at the time of purchase that were expiring in September.
2. I went on a trip before they expired and asked about using the tickets from the package to renew our APs. Due to the package, we had to wait to do so. I renewed my Plat AP at the time for normal renewal cost with a note in their system that I can get a refund for the ticket amount when we came in December.
3. Our first day of our holiday trip, we went to Disney Springs and got the refund of my tickets as credit for my AP renewal. No problems there.
4. The last day of our trip (Dec. 26th) we went to upgrade my wife's tickets to a DVC Gold AP. The rep at Disney Springs had to get approval as we had used the tickets during a date that the gold AP has a blackout. It wasn't an issue as they gave the OK to upgrade us for the difference. We don't expect to ever go back during the blackout dates again so didn't need to go for the Plat AP for her again and I'll just upgrade to the gold next year.

Ticket staff was helpful and knowledgeable at Disney Springs. A good experience all together.

On our honeymoon back in 2008 we upgraded the tickets on our package to 10 day PH with the water parks and more add on. I know we've used all 10 park days, but we should have a bunch of water park days left. I have my original ticket from our honeymoon and a KTTW card from 2010 that we probably transferred tickets to. I can't find any tickets or KTTW cards in DH's name. I remember we used to only be able to check our balance of remaining days on these tickets while we were at Disney, but since it's been about 10 years since we last used these tickets, I'm not sure if that has changed.
1.) Is there a number I can call to check the remaining water park days?
2.) Would there be a way for Disney to find DH's ticket since we were in the same room, or will those tickets just be a loss since I can't find any old tickets in his name?

Just comfirming that wdw Still price bridges From the wdw online price to apply to dvc annual pass? So it’s worth it (a bit) to buy from UT basic tickets then bridge to AP at end of trip?

I'm taking a trip in Feb with family. I purchased a 6 day PH with our package. I recently decided to go in January for Marathon weekend. I bought a 3 day ticket for that trip. Now I'm thinking of going again in November for Wine & Dine weekend. That would be another 3 or 4 day ticket (not purchased yet). If I read correctly, I can't combine my two previously purchased tix to upgrade to an AP right? I'd have to just upgrade one of them and be out the money for the other?

Just comfirming that wdw Still price bridges From the wdw online price to apply to dvc annual pass? So it’s worth it (a bit) to buy from UT basic tickets then bridge to AP at end of trip?
Yes.

I'm taking a trip in Feb with family. I purchased a 6 day PH with our package. I recently decided to go in January for Marathon weekend. I bought a 3 day ticket for that trip. Now I'm thinking of going again in November for Wine & Dine weekend. That would be another 3 or 4 day ticket (not purchased yet).
1. If I read correctly, I can't combine my two previously purchased tix to upgrade to an AP right?
2. I'd have to just upgrade one of them
3. and be out the money for the other?
1. Right.
2. Correct, but...
3.That's NOT correct, as you can continue to hold onto that ticket and use its original value
to help purchase NEW tickets for a trip sometime in the future.

On our honeymoon back in 2008 we upgraded the tickets on our package to 10 day PH with the water parks and more add on. I know we've used all 10 park days, but we should have a bunch of water park days left. I have my original ticket from our honeymoon and a KTTW card from 2010 that we probably transferred tickets to. I can't find any tickets or KTTW cards in DH's name. I remember we used to only be able to check our balance of remaining days on these tickets while we were at Disney, but since it's been about 10 years since we last used these tickets, I'm not sure if that has changed.
1.) Is there a number I can call to check the remaining water park days?
2.) Would there be a way for Disney to find DH's ticket since we were in the same room, or will those tickets just be a loss since I can't find any old tickets in his name?
1.) Maybe they can do it.

Below is a quote from an eMail from WDW Guest Relations regarding "days left" on tickets:
Greetings from the Walt Disney World Resort!
Thank you for contacting us regarding your unused Walt Disney World ticket media.
If you have not already done so, please send a copy of the front and back of your tickets, as well as a copy of your Government issued I.D.

to Ticket.Usage@DisneyWorld.com.

Include your name and daytime telephone number. We are unable to provide usage without these copies.

Please note, we are not able to receive messages or attachments greater than two mega bytes. If needed, send your files in separate messages or compress them prior to sending.

If you are visiting the Walt Disney World Resort within five days and need immediate assistance, please call us at (407) 560-2544, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm (EST). We may also be reached Sunday and Saturday between the hours of 10:00am and 5:00pm (EST).

I personally assure you that your message has been received. Depending on the amount of research required, our response time may vary; however, a member of my Guest Experience Services Team will contact you within five days.
Sincerely,

Director, Guest Experience Services

2.) You can make a request for them to try...

Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

-or (again)-

Email ticket.inquiries@disneyworld.com

I have 6 day park hopper tickets for a trip I have coming this February. If I decide, during those 6 days, that I want to upgrade to an AP, do I just need to do it before the very last day in order to have the 6 day pass go towards the cost of an AP? Also, if I upgrade at that point to the AP, when would the effective date of the AP be? Would it be that day that I upgraded? Or would it go back to the first day that I used the 6 day pass? Or some other day? Thanks for your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter