Last week we booked our package for later this year. We haven't been to Disney World in over a year, so the app looks different to say the least. I noticed that in the Tickets and Passes section of the app it shows a "valid" date on each ticket which is 2 days after our vacation is over. Is this incorrect?

Last week we booked our package for later this year. We haven't been to Disney World in over a year, so the app looks different to say the least. I noticed that in the Tickets and Passes section of the app it shows a "valid" date on each ticket which is 2 days after our vacation is over. Is this incorrect?

With the date based tickets, you should see a range of dates indicating the first and last days your tickets are valid. Multi-day tickets have do not have to be used on consecutive days, so there are a couple extra days in the range to allow for some flexibility. If you booked tickets for the number of days of your trip and set it to start on the first day of your trip, you will see expiration a few days after your trip ends. Someone else might have booked the same number of park days, but wanted to take a resort day or two in the middle of their trip, so their tickets end on their departure day.

With the date based tickets, you should see a range of dates indicating the first and last days your tickets are valid. Multi-day tickets have do not have to be used on consecutive days, so there are a couple extra days in the range to allow for some flexibility. If you booked tickets for the number of days of your trip and set it to start on the first day of your trip, you will see expiration a few days after your trip ends. Someone else might have booked the same number of park days, but wanted to take a resort day or two in the middle of their trip, so their tickets end on their departure day.
In Tickets and Passes, for each color rectangle it shows 6-Day Theme Park Base Ticket - which is correct - but at the bottom in white it shows "Valid <<DATE>>". It's just a single date, and that date is 2 days after our trip ends.

In Tickets and Passes, for each color rectangle it shows 6-Day Theme Park Base Ticket - which is correct - but at the bottom in white it shows "Valid <<DATE>>". It's just a single date, and that date is 2 days after our trip ends.
It's the same for my tickets too. They were booked as part of an onsite hotel package.

It shows the correct ticket type, and then underneath it says "Valid [date]", and in our case, the single date is the day after our trip ends. I was kind of caught off guard, as I don't recall seeing it displayed that way before, but knowing someone else has the same issue makes me feel like it's just some glitch or that it's not intended to indicate "first day of valid use" as one might expect.

I have a question about military tickets. I'm sorry, I went through the wiki, but I'm still unsure....

If I buy a magic your way ticket from SoG, a 10 day base ticket is $463. If I want to upgrade to an AP, do I pay the difference from $463 or is there a different way it is valued and applied? Trying to see the cheapest way to upgrade to an AP. Thank you for your help!

I have a question about military tickets. I'm sorry, I went through the wiki, but I'm still unsure....

If I buy a magic your way ticket from SoG, a 10 day base ticket is $463. If I want to upgrade to an AP, do I pay the difference from $463 or is there a different way it is valued and applied? Trying to see the cheapest way to upgrade to an AP. Thank you for your help!
It will be worth the current on-line price from Disney for the same ticket (including tax.)

It's the same for my tickets too. They were booked as part of an onsite hotel package.

It shows the correct ticket type, and then underneath it says "Valid [date]", and in our case, the single date is the day after our trip ends. I was kind of caught off guard, as I don't recall seeing it displayed that way before, but knowing someone else has the same issue makes me feel like it's just some glitch or that it's not intended to indicate "first day of valid use" as one might expect.
Thank you for replying! It must be that the “valid” date is when the tickets expire. If Disney IT is reading, this is confusing. :)

Thank you for replying! It must be that the “valid” date is when the tickets expire. If Disney IT is reading, this is confusing. :)
Yes, it is the expiration date. If you haven’t been to WDW for a few years - there was a big change to date-based tickets a little over a year ago. Tickets are no longer valid for 14 days from first use; based on the length of ticket, they now have a specific start date and are valid for a specific period of time. You 6-day tickets may be used on any 6 days within a 9-day validity period. As a PP mentioned above, not everyone goes to a park each day, and some may move offsite after an on-site stay. So your tickets are officially valid for a 9-day period even though you plan to use them sooner.

Enjoy your vacation!

Using a specific ticket in your MDX account.
(Setting the PRIORITY of multiple tickets.)
SAVING a NEW ticket in your MDX account for future use.

Many times a guest may have more than one valid ticket in her/his MDX account.

It can be very important to designate WHICH ticket will be used the next time(s) that guest
goes into a WDW park.

One way to do this is to make a stop at any Guest Relations outside any park (including Epcot's International Gateway) or at Downtown Disney's Guest Relations (called "The Welcome Center.")
Have the Guest Relations CM set the "priority" to the highest level of the ticket that you wish to use next at a park gate.
If that ticket has multiple assets (entries) on it,
it will stay set at the highest priority until its assets have all been used.
Some WDW Resort Concierge CMs can do this.
Stop be the Concierge desk and ask.
(If the CM there seems uncomfortable with the procedure, nicely decline the request
and head to a Guest Relations outside any park or visit the "Welcome Center" at Disney Springs.)

If you have a NEW (never been used) ticket that you wish to SAVE:
an easier way to accomplish this (with no need to make a trip to Guest Relations)
is to create a "fake name" profile in your MDX account and transfer that new, unused ticket to under that "fake" profile.
Since that "person" will not be going into a park, that ticket will never be used.

In the future, when you are ready to use (or upgrade) that saved ticket,
you can transfer it to yourself (or anyone else in or connected to your MDX account.)
You can even use that saved ticket's value toward renewing an (or buying a new) AP.

can you setthe priority before you eat to the parks? Can it be done over the phone or even better can I do it myself?

1. can you setthe priority before you eat to the parks?
2. Can it be done over the phone
3. or even better can I do it myself?
1. For an unused ticket, you can create a “fake name” in MDE and reassign the ticket to that name. Otherwise...
2. Nope.
3. Other than #1 above, nope.

I purchased a 7 day flex hopper ticket in a Delta Vacations vacation package. I would like to upgrade it to an annual pass.

1. Can this be done?
2. The 7 day flex ticket has an expiration date of December 2020. Can the annual pass be used after this date for the first time?
3. I have Disney gift cards to use to pay for the upgrade to the annual pass. I am assuming I should upgrade now (since the money is already 'spent') before annual ticket prices increase, correct?

I purchased a 7 day flex hopper ticket in a Delta Vacations vacation package. I would like to upgrade it to an annual pass.

1. Can this be done?
2. The 7 day flex ticket has an expiration date of December 2020. Can the annual pass be used after this date for the first time?
3. I have Disney gift cards to use to pay for the upgrade to the annual pass. I am assuming I should upgrade now (since the money is already 'spent') before annual ticket prices increase, correct?
1. Very likely.
2. An AP certificate (you would upgrade to an AP certificate) will be valid for conerting to a “live” AP at least until Dec. 31, 2030.
3. Yup.

I'm trying to find out if I have any remaining days on some older tickets. I followed all of the steps outlined here. I had split the request into 2 emails because the size of the attachments was too much for one (as directed on their site). I'm pretty sure that they were under 20MB. I attached 2 pictures of 8 cards (front view and back view) on each of the emails. I have 16 total tickets to be checked (yes I hoarded them - the earliest is from 1998).

However, I received the below message:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

ticket.usage@disneyworld.com

Since Disney IT isn't the greatest when it comes to their website, I just wanted to double check to see if this address was still valid. The only other thing I can think of is to send break down the tickets into smaller batches and send more emails (4 emails with 4 tickets, maybe?).

Suggestions?

The only other thing I can think of is to send break down the tickets into smaller batches and send more emails (4 emails with 4 tickets, maybe?).

Suggestions?
[/QUOTE]
Send one ticket in one email.
Wait for a response.

And/or call (407) 566-4985 or (407) 939-1289 and ask for special instructions.

Military tickets

My daughters boyfriend is going with us to Disney over Easter. His dad is active military. I told him I would buy his ticket. Would he be able to get a military ticket? If so, what ticket?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

My daughters boyfriend is going with us to Disney over Easter.
His dad is active military. I told him I would buy his ticket.
1. Would he be able to get a military ticket? If so,
2. what ticket?
1. The father can buy "military tickets" (find the kind you want at the link in #2 below.)
If the father is NOT GOING to be with his son to enter the WDW park:
He must buy only "regular WDW tickets" using his military discount.

The special "Military Salute" tickets require that the military family member
be present at the park gate when activating the special "Military Salute" tickets.

You can then reimburse his father for the cost.
2. Click HERE to find the closet thing I've found to a complete "everything reference" regarding Military tickets at Disney.

Last edited:
I have the 4 day/1 park tickets that were $333 from UT. Those include tax.
Disney's price is $335 but with taxes it become $356.78 The AP price is $1119 before tax. $72.74 tax. So an AP total of $1,191.74

Is this how an AP would be calculated? $1191.74-$356.78=$834.96

Thank you!

I answered my own question at DHS last week. The price would have been $834.96. Sadly we didn't upgrade

I have a child's 6 day PH purchased 2/23/2016. I cannot find the price on allears. Am I missing it? I know what I paid from UT.

I'm wondering a ball park on upgrading to adult ticket. My kid will be 10 when we use this ticket next year. I was thinking it would run me $100 or so.

I have a child's 6 day PH purchased 2/23/2016.
1. I cannot find the price on allears. Am I missing it? I know what I paid from UT.
2. I'm wondering a ball park on upgrading to adult ticket. My kid will be 10 when we use this ticket next year. I was thinking it would run me $100 or so.
1. From Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.

----------------------------------------------

2. From Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting:

A __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2019 Price list HERE.

Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter