Has anyone bought from Boardwalk Ticketing recently? Looking into a last minute trip and would purchase about 3 weeks before arrival Sept 20. Did you get eMail confirmation that loaded easily into MDE? How long to get the email? My first time not buying a package through Disney and trying to save some money. Thanks.

I used them earlier this year and got my email with the ticket info to add to MDE within 24 hours. They also ended up sending me a physical ticket in the mail which I kept just as back up in case linking the ticket didn't work or something. I later had questions and found they answered pretty quickly when I messaged them through their Facebook page.

So I've been out of the loop for a good 2 or so months, but Found out that AP's are not allowed to be purchased.

I originally had plans to go to WDW late June-Jul4th, an 8 day trip *(which was cancelled,) and We also had Jersey week reserved as well, a 9 day trip . I originally bought 10 day Passes w/ PH & WP's from UT for xxx$ and was going to upgrade them to a gold AP, once we arrived.*(on the 1st trip)...Well that 1st trip was cancelled, so I was thinking that we'd keep the Oct trip, and upgrade then, and just go either late summer or something in 2021 to make it worthwhile. With the fact that they aren't allowing any new AP's, and me having only 7 park days in the fall, Where does this leave me.?
Meaning I'll have 3 wasted days, no option to PH, and no WP's to swim in :confused3...Any help ,or ideas is much appreciated TIA

OOOps just realized I posted this in the wrong location....Feel free to move this mods...Sorry:(

Is saving those tickets and buying new ones that fit better now an option? Then using or upgrading the ones you have later. I know its a lot of money, but it may help to get a better value of those tickets.

(This is me being clueless about how tickets work outside of a package.)

Say I buy a three-day ticket for October. Something happens, and I can’t use it for whatever reason.

“After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.”

Would I be able to call Disney in order to apply the ticket price (whether that’s keeping 3 days or turning it into 7 days or whatever)? Or would this need to be done in person in Orlando? (I read some older posts claiming it had to be done in person, but some recent ones about being able to call, so I am confused.)

Would the above answer change if the ticket was purchased though a discount site (such as Undercover Tourist)?

Say I buy a three-day ticket for October. Something happens, and I can’t use it for whatever reason.
1. Would I be able to call Disney in order to apply the ticket price (whether that’s keeping 3 days or turning it into 7 days or whatever)? Or would this need to be done in person in Orlando? (I read some older posts claiming it had to be done in person, but some recent ones about being able to call, so I am confused.)
2. Would the above answer change if the ticket was purchased though a discount site (such as Undercover Tourist)?
1. Maybe. These things (as you mentioned) can change at any time.
2. Generally, the answer would be the same.

My wife and I have a Disney 7 day cruise on the Fantasy booked for January 2021. I'm not sure that the cruise will actually happen, but we also booked a DVC stay at WDW for 3 days before the cruise since we haven't been to the park for a while. In the past we have had annual passes, but had let ours expire last year when we were unable to visit due to health issues.

Looking at visiting parks Wed/Thur/Fri before boarding the Fantasy on Saturday. Do I need to buy a 3 day ticket that starts on Wednesday? That ticket would cost $356.43. It appears to me that I could buy a ticket that starts on Monday (2 days before we will arrive) for $329.45. The WDW ticket page says that it is valid for any 3 days from 1/11/21 thru 1/15/21.

Any issue not using a ticket on its start date?

If the cruise is cancelled, or we decide it is not safe to go on the cruise and end up not going on this trip, it looks like I can use to value of any unused tickets for some future date. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

The WDW ticket page says that it is valid for any 3 days from 1/11/21 thru 1/15/21.
You are correct. As long as your park days fall within this range you do not have to visit a park on the start date. And if you don’t end up going, your unused tickets can be used towards future tickets.

Hi! I am a little stuck today. I would like to visit Disney in December; the plan is to stay off-site at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. I would like to book through Hilton, as I have status but how do I purchase tickets? WDW site only has the option to buy Florida resident tickets. When I select Get Tickets, it takes me back to the screen before. I would like to buy tickets off WDW so I can use gift cards to pay. Can anyone help? Thanks!

So I've been out of the loop for a good 2 or so months, but Found out that AP's are not allowed to be purchased.

I originally had plans to go to WDW late June-Jul4th, an 8 day trip *(which was cancelled,) and We also had Jersey week reserved as well, a 9 day trip . I originally bought 10 day Passes w/ PH & WP's from UT for xxx$ and was going to upgrade them to a gold AP, once we arrived.*(on the 1st trip)...Well that 1st trip was cancelled, so I was thinking that we'd keep the Oct trip, and upgrade then, and just go either late summer or something in 2021 to make it worthwhile. With the fact that they aren't allowing any new AP's, and me having only 7 park days in the fall, Where does this leave me.?
Meaning I'll have 3 wasted days, no option to PH, and no WP's to swim in :confused3...Any help ,or ideas is much appreciated TIA

I'm in the same boat, I bought discounted 10 day hoppers back in January to use for our Nov/Dec trip where I was planning to upgrade them to Gold AP's (DVC members) but now I'm worried that they won't be selling new AP's when we visit. It was going to be a great deal as we're going to be returning in the spring as well as next October and we would be savings lots of $$$ by upgrading our already discounted tickets. I'm hoping they release more information soon about when AP sales will resume, will definitely update this post if/when info is available. I'm sure there are a lot of other guests who were planning to use the same strategy :/

Hi! I am a little stuck today. I would like to visit Disney in December; the plan is to stay off-site at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. I would like to book through Hilton, as I have status but how do I purchase tickets? WDW site only has the option to buy Florida resident tickets. When I select Get Tickets, it takes me back to the screen before. I would like to buy tickets off WDW so I can use gift cards to pay. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Have you tried logging out and then log-in again? I’m not having any problrm. I did see posts that MDE was glitching earlier today, so maybe that was the problem.

Hello everyone ~ we are considering a trip in the next few weeks. If we purchase a 4 day ticket, are we permitted to use two days worth in one day by going to one park in the morning and a different park in the afternoon? Thanks.

No, that has never been allowed without the park-hopper add-on; theme park tickets are "days" and no "entries." Plus the current park reservation system will only allow 1 park reservation per day.

1. Maybe. These things (as you mentioned) can change at any time.
2. Generally, the answer would be the same.
Thanks!

Sigh... I wish they could just be clear, one way or another. I’d use an expired ticket if I could apply it over the phone... it would be much harder to wait til we got to Orlando, especially if reservations are here to stay or fast passes come back.

Can I purchase a 1 day ticket in advance from Disney? I just booked a 2 night stay, arriving Friday, leaving Sunday. There is ample availability of parks on the reservation calendar. When I was booking my hotel the ticket options were no ticket, 2 day, or 3 day. Undercover Tourist has a one day ticket, with availability. Is there a reason I can't buy a 1 day ticket from Disney?

ETA: Chatted with a cast member and got an answer right away: "A 1-Day ticket could not be added as a part of a Package, so once you have your Room-Only booked or in your cart, you can go under the 'Parks & Tickets' link on the website and get this 1-Day ticket added to your cart!"

Last edited:
Can I purchase a 1 day ticket in advance from Disney...
ETA: Chatted with a cast member and got an answer right away: "A 1-Day ticket could not be added as a part of a Package, so once you have your Room-Only booked or in your cart, you can go under the 'Parks & Tickets' link on the website and get this 1-Day ticket added to your cart!"
While that is true, it is even less "complex" than that.
You (anyone) can buy a one-day ticket from Disney at any time... even without having any kind of Disney room reservation.

Just go directly to the DisneyWorld.com site and click on Theme Park tickets.
(Or click the link below.)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/admission/tickets/
In many (most) cases, there is no direct need to buy tickets as part of a resort "package."

We bumped up a n October trip to 2 weeks from now! I’ve been holding out on tickets hoping for the return of 10 day tickets. Does anyone think they might return after Labor Day or should I bite the bullet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter