Question: For this hypothetical, let’s assume that tickets an AP’s are back to normal times. Our Gold AP‘s are expiring during the first week in March and we normally renew. This year, would like to go during Easter week which is blacked out with the Gold passes. Is it possible to instead of renewing, by a multi day pass for the week, use it for Easter week, then on the last day, upgrade it to a Gold pass? Or will Disney not allow an upgrade to Gold since we used the original multi day we are trying to upgrade during the blackout period? Is their system smart enough to catch this?

Question: For this hypothetical, let’s assume that tickets an AP’s are back to normal times. Our Gold AP‘s are expiring during the first week in March and we normally renew. This year, would like to go during Easter week which is blacked out with the Gold passes.
1. Is it possible to instead of renewing, by a multi day pass for the week, use it for Easter week, then on the last day, upgrade it to a Gold pass?
2. Or will Disney not allow an upgrade to Gold since we used the original multi day we are trying to upgrade during the blackout period?
3. Is their system smart enough to catch this?
1. Yes.
2. Your plan was permissible in the past.
3. It is, but it used to not matter.

I have a similar question...I have a FL resident Platinum Plus pass that will expire on 11/7. We were originally not planning on renewing until things start getting back to some level of normal. Now, some of my family is coming starting on 11/8 and we want to go to the parks for a few days. I plan to get the FL resident Magic Flex ticket. My question is, can I use the value of that ticket to renew my AP (technically to a Gold pass)?

The reason we're doing this instead of just renewing right away is 11/8 must be a Hollywood Studios day, and that day is currently blocked out for APs. So I figured I could get the Flex ticket, reserve Studios, then upgrade it back to an AP

some of my family is coming starting on 11/8 and we want to go to the parks for a few days. I plan to get the FL resident Magic Flex ticket. My question is,
1. can I use the value of that ticket to renew my AP (technically to a Gold pass)?
The reason we're doing this instead of just renewing right away is 11/8 must be a Hollywood Studios day, and that day is currently blocked out for APs.
2. So I figured I could get the Flex ticket, reserve Studios, then upgrade it back to an AP
1. Under normal conditions, you could.
2. I can only guess that you still can.
(Don’t know of any changes specific to this.)

Yes. I didn't even choose to get the tickets mailed. (I did E-ticket delivery.) They just emailed me the number right after I purchased them, and I linked it to MDE right away so I could make park reservations. I bought 4 tickets but only received one number to link to MDE, and all 4 tickets were there.

But it does say this on their blog: "(If you prefer physical tickets, we will provide your ticket numbers in advance of shipping.)"

Hi.

In my MDE, If I have tickets assigned to someone that was on my hotel reservation.
The person is no longer on the hotel reservation (my DVC) and no longer traveling but I do have their tickets assigned to them On my MDE.

If I have someone else going and that new person is on my MDE as well as my DVC ressie, can I reassign the ticket to them and then they can just give the cash to the person no longer going?

If yes, great. If not, I am going to see if Disney will refund the person that was on my ressie their money although I told my friend that is unlikely but who knows with Covid.

Thank you.

You should be able to reassign a fully-unused ticket as long as you manage the profile where it currently resides. If you linked as Friends & Family and the other individual manages their own profile, he/she will need to transfer it to you and then you can pass it along to the new traveler.

For cancelled trips, is Disney making an exception to refund tickets purchased?
Maybe. Did you purchase tickets directly from WDW, or through an authorized re-seller? You may need to deal with the third party if bought that way.

However, tickets purchased prior to June 2020 were automatically extended through 9/26/2021. And if not used by then you can always put the value towards new future tickets.

Good news! My daughter and grandsons think they will come with us on our end of March trip to OKW 1 BR (there is room as the youngest won't be 2). They live in Pensacola so they will drive.
Questions--are they selling military tickets yet? I know the 2021 tix won't be out until later in the year, and I'm guessing they won't be hoppers, but just wondered if they are selling them at all. My son in law is a marine and will be in training at that time but she can get them as a spouse.
Second--this is the week before Easter (I'm a teacher, so it is what it is). I know I can't book parks until tickets are purchased. And I know that no one here is clairvoyant. Just wondering what the opinion is about parks filling up for that time period.

You should be able to reassign a fully-unused ticket as long as you manage the profile where it currently resides. If you linked as Friends & Family and the other individual manages their own profile, he/she will need to transfer it to you and then you can pass it along to the new traveler.

Thank you. I manage it all, they don’t have a clue. I will see ablout doing this tomorrow and report back.

Good news! My daughter and grandsons think they will come with us on our end of March trip to OKW 1 BR (there is room as the youngest won't be 2). They live in Pensacola so they will drive.
Questions--are they selling military tickets yet? I know the 2021 tix won't be out until later in the year, and I'm guessing they won't be hoppers, but just wondered if they are selling them at all. My son in law is a marine and will be in training at that time but she can get them as a spouse.
Second--this is the week before Easter (I'm a teacher, so it is what it is). I know I can't book parks until tickets are purchased. And I know that no one here is clairvoyant. Just wondering what the opinion is about parks filling up for that time period.
Yes, she can get military salute tix now and due to all the covid weirdness they'll be good through mid Sept 2021.

I had a 2 day ticket for Labor Day weekend that I bought through a third party. I didn't use it and since it is expired it doesn't show up in MDE. Can I call and use the value towards buying a ticket for November? What information do I need?

I had a 2 day ticket for Labor Day weekend that I bought through a third party. I didn't use it and since it is expired it doesn't show up in MDE. Can I call and use the value towards buying a ticket for November? What information do I need?
Yes, you should be able to call and upgrade to a new dated ticket, paying any difference in price for the new dates. WDW should be able to see the ticket on their end; it wouldn't hurt to have the ticket number handy if you have a receipt with that info.

I have an unactivated platinum AP assigned to a dummy MDE. After friending myself today I tried to assign it to my MDE and got a "We were unable to reassign this ticket. Please try again later. "

Is this indeed a wait and try again later thing or am I going to need to call IT? I've never done this before.

Is this indeed a wait and try again later thing or am I going to need to call IT? I've never done this before.
First do the "wait & re-try."
Also, if on a computer... try the phone app.
If on the phone app, try it on a computer.

If no joy after that... call 'em.

I have 5-day base tickets that I purchased with Air Miles Rewards (Canadian program) that have an expiry of December 31, 2020. We cancelled our trip/resort last week. Will these tickets be automatically extended to December 31, 2021? Do I need to call WDW to confirm?

I have 5-day base tickets that I purchased with Air Miles Rewards (Canadian program) that have an expiry of December 31, 2020. We cancelled our trip/resort last week. Will these tickets be automatically extended to December 31, 2021? Do I need to call WDW to confirm?

Depending on various factors, your tickets may very well be good in 2021.
(It couldn't hurt to call.)

But, to answer more about tickets in general, the original value of any purchased tickets (full price or from an authorized discounter -like Air Miles,) even after they expire, will be able to be used to help buy new current tickets in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter