On the phone waiting now trying to get APs. I will provide my results when it's all over....But from others experiences it doesn't seem like it's a "done deal" in any way at all...

We bought 7 day PH tickets from a 3rd party vendor. Since PH isn't allowed, can I call and have Disney removed and credit me for the PH option? Or is that something that can only be done when we get to WDW?

Also, our airline flight home got moved back to a later time and now we would like to add a day to our ticket. Can I do that online or would that have to be done when we are there? Thanks!

We bought 7 day PH tickets from a 3rd party vendor. Since PH isn't allowed, can I call and have Disney removed and credit me for the PH option? Or is that something that can only be done when we get to WDW?

Also, our airline flight home got moved back to a later time and now we would like to add a day to our ticket. Can I do that online or would that have to be done when we are there? Thanks!
Both best handled at Guest Relations or a ticket booth at WDW.

If you had a cancelled AP that you want back they are doing them in person at Disney Springs. They will check your old AP, ID, and your standing in terms of AP use. You can then purchase any new AP except Premiere or Platinum Plus. You also can use a ticket to "upgrade".

Can a ticket be assigned be assigned to two different MDE accounts?
No. A ticket can only be linked to 1 individual profile; MDE considers different profiles to be a different person. A fully unused ticket can usually be re-assigned to another profile - same MDE or different - but it would no longer be reflected on the original at that point.

No. A ticket can only be linked to 1 individual profile; MDE considers different profiles to be a different person. A fully unused ticket can usually be re-assigned to another profile - same MDE or different - but it would no longer be reflected on the original at that point.
Thank you for the reply!

Ok, here's my issue. I bought 2 2-day park passes for use Sept 19-22. Because of life situations, we weren't able to go. i was told i can apply the cost to new passes. Great. Now I'm trying to plan a trip in either Dec or Jan. But, those passes no longer show anywhere. i called Ticketing, they put me through to IT..... where ive been on hold for 45 mins. According to Bob WDW Ticketing, those passes should be showing. If they aren't, there's no way to apply the cost paid, to another ticket.
has anyone run into this? I can't wait to show up at a ticket window to make a park reservation. Help!!!!!

I bought 2 2-day park passes for use Sept 19-22. ... According to Bob WDW Ticketing, those passes should be showing. If they aren't, there's no way to apply the cost paid, to another ticket.
When did you buy the tickets - before June or after the re-opening was announced? If before June, they should have automatically been extended to 9/26/2021. If you purchased after the re-opening was announced, they did expire last month but Bob is incorrect - expired tickets do disappear from the guest’s view but WDW should be able to see them. It used to be that expired tickets could only be upgraded in-person, but last winter folks reported it could be done by phone and I haven’t heard otherwise this fall. I would call back and hope for a more knowledgeable CM. With only a few exceptions of some less-common tickets, fully unused tickets retain value towards a future upgrade.

When did you buy the tickets - before June or after the re-opening was announced? If before June, they should have automatically been extended to 9/26/2021. If you purchased after the re-opening was announced, they did expire last month but Bob is incorrect - expired tickets do disappear from the guest’s view but WDW should be able to see them. It used to be that expired tickets could only be upgraded in-person, but last winter folks reported it could be done by phone and I haven’t heard otherwise this fall. I would call back and hope for a more knowledgeable CM. With only a few exceptions of some less-common tickets, fully unused tickets retain value towards a future upgrade.
THanks. I bought them on Aug 26, for a late Sept trip. According to the website, any passes that are purchased, but unused, after the expiration date (9/22/2020 in this case), the cost can be used against new passes. So, I'm 'assuming' that they have just disappeared from my view, and that when I call Ticketing back, I'll be able to put that cost ($490!!) towards new passes for January. Luckily, I even still have the order number.

Good morning, Cant seem to find this answer. My son cancelled and received his refunds for his 2 out of state platinum passes. We all decided to go to WDW in a couple weeks and he bought 2 four day passes. Any chance he might be able to upgrade these 2 tickets to AP's since he falls under the category of people that have cancelled previous passes?

Given the current state of affairs (park reservations needed; no FastPass or PH), I'm wondering what are the current rules of thumb regarding the purchase of park tickets.

I have a trip planned for mid-Feb., '21. No idea if park reservations will still be required at that time (I am guessing yes), or if FP+ or park-hopping will be back (I'm guessing no), so........

I don't know if there's any reason to not buy tickets right now, or if I should wait and watch the park reservation calendar for days to start turning yellow shortly before my visit.

Any general consensus?

Please and thank you.

Any chance he might be able to upgrade these 2 tickets to AP's since he falls under the category of people that have cancelled previous passes?
I don’t know if they are accepting “upgrades” for the AP offer or not. He can ask.

I went ahead and bought tickets so I could make park reservations. I didn't want to end up with a situation of waiting and then HS or any other park all of a sudden doesn't have availability.

I went ahead and bought tickets so I could make park reservations. I didn't want to end up with a situation of waiting and then HS or any other park all of a sudden doesn't have availability.

Thanks. Yeah, that was my operating theory as well. I just didn't know if I was missing a good reason to hold off.

At mgm today

went to GS to Ask re buying new APs

we have currently but didn’t want to renew

was told this round of APs is only ‘recovery’...

for those who either cancelled their APs ‘by mistake’ or

for children who have now turned 3 y.o

no upgrades on unused tix unless you fall into either above category

YMMV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter