Never thought I’d have so many questions about tickets. Our November trip keeps evolving. We have four full days and our departure day (flight at 3). Originally was going to buy 5 day tickets through UT because the 5th day is free. Then we found out that DH has a conference leading into our trip and now on our first full day we might just stay at the resort and hang with the other families. Also, it’s possible that DH might get a conference ticket (not even sure how that works). Also not sure if the rest of the us would get a conference ticket or be offered discount tickets. So now thinking of a three day ticket and not going to the parks on our departure day.

How do conference tickets work? Do they expire? Can DH hold onto the ticket for a future trip?

Still trying to see if we can upgrade my kids tickets to a Florida resident AP though my dad who is moving down there. If this winds up working out, should I go ahead and buy the 5 day ticket? Would that offer any savings when upgrading them vs buying the three day ticket?

I’m getting more and more confused.

Thanks!

Here at WDW now. Yesterday I went to GR at Epcot to ask about purchasing a couple of AP certificates and using MYW tickets towards the price.
1. First one I asked at IG said I could do so, but if price increased before I activated AP I would have to pay difference. I thought that was not the case, so either things changed or
2. CM was misinformed.
3. I went to the other GR and was told if I did that the AP would be active and not a certificate.
4. I don’t think he understood me when I said I hadn’t used the tickets yet. Decided not to to keep trying to explain what I wanted to do.
5. Maybe it’s not possible anymore - if so I will just used them when I need to renew or buy an AP and not try to get one ahead of time to save money on price increase.
1. Nope. Once purchased, an AP certificate can be activated at a future date to an active AP at no additional charge.
2. CM was making up "rules."
3. Your choice. You can purchase either an AP certificate to keep for later use,
-or- purchase an activated AP, ready to use at a park gate.
4. Could be.
5. Nothing has changed.
You were just unlucky with your "finding" of CMs.

Last edited:
Never thought I’d have so many questions about tickets. Our November trip keeps evolving. We have four full days and our departure day (flight at 3).
1. Originally was going to buy 5 day tickets through UT because the 5th day is free. Then we found out that DH has a conference leading into our trip and now on our first full day we might just stay at the resort and hang with the other families. Also, it’s possible that DH might get a conference ticket
(not even sure how that works).
2. Also not sure if the rest of the us would get a conference ticket or be offered discount tickets.
3. So now thinking of a three day ticket and not going to the parks on our departure day.

How do conference tickets work?
4. Do they expire?
5. Can DH hold onto the ticket for a future trip?
6. Still trying to see if we can upgrade my kids tickets to a Florida resident AP though my dad who is moving down there.
7. If this winds up working out, should I go ahead and buy the 5 day ticket?
8. Would that offer any savings when upgrading them vs buying the three day ticket?
1. It's not really a "free day."
It's really a standard 5-day ticket, just discounted to the cost of a 4-day ticket.
2. Everyone in the family can buy a conference ticket. There are multiple "kinds" of conference tickets.
Some more of a bargain than others.
3. If that suits your wants and needs.
4. Yes.
5. Nope.
6. Maybe. If his timing of his resident status works.
7. If you think the timing will work.
8. Yes, but if you are just looking for more of a "discount" you'd even want to buy a
discount ticket with "more days" which would have a greater savings.
Again, the timing of the FL resident status may be a gamble.

Last edited:
1. Nope. Once purchased, an AP certificate can be activated at a future date to an active AP at no additional charge.
2. CM was making up "rules."
3. Your choice. You can purchase either an AP certificate to keep for later use,
-or- purchase an activated AP, ready to use at a park gate.
4. Could be.
5. Nothing has changed.
You were just unlucky with your "finding" of CMs.
Thanks Robo. I am going to give it a try.

1. It's not really a "free day."
It's really a standard 5-day ticket, just discounted to the cost of a 4-day ticket.
2. Everyone in the family can buy a conference ticket. There are multiple "kinds" of conference tickets.
Some more of a bargain than others.
3. If that suits your wants and needs.
4. Yes.
5. Nope.
6. Maybe. If his timing of his resident status works.
7. If you think the timing will work.
8. Yes, but if you are just looking for more of a "discount" you'd even want to buy a
discount ticket with "more days" which would have a greater savings.
Again, the timing of the FL resident status may be a gamble.
Can you clarify about the timing of the FL residency? Is there a time length that a new resident has to be living there before qualifying?

Can you clarify about the timing of the FL residency? Is there a time length that a new resident has to be living there before qualifying?
Nope.
But, you said...
Still trying to see if we can upgrade my kids tickets to a Florida resident AP though my dad who is moving down there. If this winds up working out...

So, if you don't know if/when he will be a resident (and have resident "proof" like a FL driver's license or a FL utility bill in his name, etc.)
it would be a gamble buying tickets that were not really needed for use, but just as a "savings" against
a possible FL resident AP.

Nope.
But, you said...

So, if you don't know if/when he will be a resident (and have resident "proof" like a FL driver's license or a FL utility bill in his name, etc.)
it would be a gamble buying tickets that were not really needed for use, but just as a "savings" against
a possible FL resident AP.
I see. How does it work with part time residents? He will most likely be purchasing in April. But might not fully move in until the fall.

I see. How does it work with part time residents? He will most likely be purchasing in April. But might not fully move in until the fall.

As I said, he needs to have a utility bill sent to a FL address with his name on it or a FL driver's license/photo ID (or a few other things for ID.)

HERE is the info regarding FL ID.

Without some sort of approved proof of actually living in FL (part-time or full-time,) Disney can't grant FL residence status.

Hi, I've got a question about tickets that are booked with a package (hotel/ticket) deal. Back in October I booked via phone for a Magic Your Way package because the website was not working and I had some questions. We are doing a split stay, starting at a Hilton Resort for 3 nights, then ending at Pop Century for 3 nights. I purchased 4 days of tickets, with the intention of doing a park visit the day before we check into Pop Century. The cast member who booked the reservation said that was fine to do. I was able to do my 60 day fast pass selection for the days I am booked at Pop Century and thought that at 30 days I would be able to make fast passes for the day before we check in to Pop Century. But it won't let me do that, so I called and the cast member I spoke to said the tickets are tied to my resort stay and that the only way I can use a park ticket before I check into the resort is to go to guest services at a park, resort, or Disney springs and ask them to change my tickets to flex tickets, but this will cost me more money. She said she could not do that over the phone and she could not give me a price quote for how much extra it will cost. This really annoys me, since I was originally told that I would be able to use the tickets the day before we check into Pop Century. She said I will also not be able to make fast pass selections for that day until I am in the park that day, also super annoying. Does this info sound accurate or should I call back and request something else?

To make it a bit clear, here is our schedule: Fly in Wed. and check into Hilton. Disney parks on Fri.-Mon. Check into Pop Century on Sat. Fly home Tues. morning.

I purchased our tickets through a discounted reseller and I am trying to figure out how much it will be to upgrade to AP's. I can't find the original ticket price from the links provided. Is there a way for me to figure this out before I ask a CM?

I purchased our tickets through a discounted reseller and I am trying to figure out how much it will be to upgrade to AP's. I can't find the original ticket price from the links provided. Is there a way for me to figure this out before I ask a CM?

You don't use or need to know what you paid for the discounted ticket.
You just need to know the "DISNEY price" for the same kind of ticket.

See post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting for the equations for computing the costs.

Hi, I've got a question about tickets that are booked with a package (hotel/ticket) deal.
Back in October I booked via phone for a Magic Your Way package because the website was not working and I had some questions.
We are doing a split stay, starting at a Hilton Resort for 3 nights, then ending at Pop Century for 3 nights. I purchased 4 days of tickets, with the intention of doing a park visit the day before we check into Pop Century.
2. The cast member who booked the reservation said that was fine to do.
3. I was able to do my 60 day fast pass selection for the days I am booked at Pop Century and
4. thought that at 30 days I would be able to make fast passes for the day before we check in to Pop Century. But it won't let me do that, so I called and the cast member I spoke to said
5. the tickets are tied to my resort stay and that the only way I can use a park ticket before I check into the resort is to go to guest services at a park, resort, or Disney springs and ask them to change my tickets to flex tickets, but this will cost me more money.
6. She said she could not do that over the phone and she could not give me a price quote for how much extra it will cost.
7. This really annoys me, since I was originally told that I would be able to use the tickets the day before we check into Pop Century.
8. She said I will also not be able to make fast pass selections for that day until I am in the park that day, also super annoying. Does this info sound accurate or should I call back and request something else?

To make it a bit clear, here is our schedule: Fly in Wed. and check into Hilton. Disney parks on Fri.-Mon. Check into Pop Century on Sat. Fly home Tues. morning.
1. OK. If it's MYW, then you have "old" MYW tickets not subject to the "new" tickets' rules.
2. It will be OK, once you arrive at WDW to "activate" and USE those tickets before check-in.
3. Yup.
4. Nope.
5. That would be true of "NEW" tickets. You stated that you have "old" (MYW) tickets.
6. You don't want to do that, anyway.
7. You CAN do that. But, you can't make advance FP+ for any days before check-in, as the
tickets must be ACTIVATED, in person, after you arrive at WDW
for use on any days prior to your package check-in date.
8. That's been the case with MYW "presort package" tickets for years.
You could have ordered tickets separately from a resort package and THEN
you could have made advance FP+ on any of those ticket days.

You don't use or need to know what you paid for the discounted ticket.
You just need to know the "DISNEY price" for the same kind of ticket.

See post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting for the equations for computing the costs.

So if I click on the 2016 link for ticket prices the 5 day park hopper has a price from Disney of 435.59. My ticket was less than that. The maple leaf column says 415.75. I also paid less than that. Could it be an older ticket?

So if I click on the 2016 link for ticket prices the 5 day park hopper has a price from Disney of 435.59. My ticket was less than that. The maple leaf column says 415.75. I also paid less than that. Could it be an older ticket?

Sorry, but I don't have a way to tell that.
All that matters is what was the Disney selling price for the kind of ticket that you have
at the time you bought the ticket.
(That assumes that the discounter was selling "current" tickets at the time you ordered your tickets.)

Reporting back... We are at WDW now. On our second day, the MDE option gave me the option to upgrade to a Platinum AP (without DVC discount), but the value of my ticket was exactly what I antipated based on this thread. At first I thought it was wrong, but then I realized the noted value was before tax. I was able to upgrade successfully at AK, retaining my UT discount and getting DVC Gold AP. So it appears you cannot upgrade to a DVC ticket through the app, but no problem “bridging” when upgrading one of the new date-based tickets.
Thanks for updating! So, it went smooth, the cast member gave you the correct price right away?

Thanks for updating! So, it went smooth, the cast member gave you the correct price right away?
Yup. In fact, we interacted with two CMs because there was an issue with our Disney Rewards card. Both of them gave me the exact same price right off the bat. Kinda shocking... first time that happened!

If we are purchasing the discover tickets for Florida residents over the phone but don’t have an state id - as were planning to show our bank statements tied to FL - where would we pick up our tickets? At the hotel?

If we are purchasing the discover tickets for Florida residents over the phone but don’t have an state id - as were planning to show our bank statements tied to FL - where would we pick up our tickets? At the hotel?

No. You will pick up your tickets at guest services at whatever park you visit first. It's there they will activate them once you prove residency. At the hotel however, if you have the FL resident rate, you'll have to show proof there to retain that rate. I purchased my FL Discovery Tickets online.

No. You will pick up your tickets at guest services at whatever park you visit first. It's there they will activate them once you prove residency. At the hotel however, if you have the FL resident rate, you'll have to show proof there to retain that rate. I purchased my FL Discovery Tickets online.
So we can’t add FPass selections until after we pick up tickets?

So we can’t add FPass selections until after we pick up tickets?

Not exactly
When I ordered my tickets online, they were linked to my MDE account. I don't have anything physical yet. If you call, you should be given a confirmation number. Use that to link to MDE. Once you have that, tickets linked to MDE from purchase, you can make FP ressies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter