That would be a 6-day PH ticket.
The "discounted" description would be that ticket bought via a third-party authorized ticket seller (as in, Undercover Tourist, Parksavers, etc.)

The "extension" would be automatic, as Disney has extended the use period of tickets bought before the recent ongoing pandemic situation.
I've dug through plenty of threads on extensions but I've never spotted the 2023 expiration date before... This is suggests that there's something different about this ticket.
ETA: And I've previously brought this up, but not all tickets were extended automatically. In fact, they are still refusing to change anything about my ticket, even though it was bought in December and we're not even allowed to enter the US.

We purchased a week of Park Hopper tickets for our cancelled May 2020 trip, and I’m having difficulty finding the terms for our credit. Our MyDisney account lists the tickets as valid until Sep 26, 2021. So what happens after that date if we haven’t used them?

We purchased a week of Park Hopper tickets for our cancelled May 2020 trip, and I’m having difficulty finding the terms for our credit. Our MyDisney account lists the tickets as valid until Sep 26, 2021. So what happens after that date if we haven’t used them?
If you don't use the tickets before 9/26/2021, they will retain their original value which can be used towards an "upgrade" for new dated tickets.

Hoping to get an extra day vacation for an upcoming trip. If I don't purchase a ticket in advance, but wait until I get to the gate at Epcot, will they tell me if there is availability for us to enter upon purchasing that ticket. There will be two of us and I'd hate for one of us to get in and not the other one? Thoughts?

I have a finnicky ticket question regarding regular tickets, AP vouchers & My Disney Experience...

I take a week-long Halloween trip to Orlando every September for the past 4-5 years. I'm pretty Disney savvy and visit frequently. I was an AP Holder Sept 2017 through Sept 2019 at which point I let my AP expire. BUT I bought a voucher in 2019 for a new AP at Sam's Club with plans to activate it on my Sept 2020 trip. (The Sam's Club Voucher was cheaper than renewing, and I decided I could live with a year off)

That AP Voucher from Sam's club is currently attached to my primary My Disney Experience account, but has not been activated or used. It cannot be transferred to another account (I've tried)

I am still planning a trip for Sept 2020, but due to the pandemic, I have since decided I do not wish to activate the AP Voucher. It's just not a good time, as I likely won't take enough trips to get my money's worth, and AP reservations for the park are currently more restrictive than regular ticket reservations. Being limited to only 3 reservations, which frequently fillup, it's a bad time to be an out-of-state passholder. Normally if I found cheap airfare I'd hop down to Disney for a weekend on short notice, but now if I did that, I might not even be able to get into the parks if all the AP reservations are filled.

SO ALL THAT SAID... I'm just buying a regular 7 day ticket for my September trip.

Here's my question...

If the AP Voucher and the 7 Day Ticket are both attached to my (same) primary My Disney Experience account, is there any risk of activating the AP when I tap in at the park each day?

In the past I have always needed to go to a ticket window with my ID to activate my Annual Passes, so I assume the voucher would stay dormant until I deliberately choose to go to a ticket window and activate it. As such, I assume there would not be any risk of it activating at the park gate when I used the 7 day ticket. I'm just wondering if anyone has any first hand experience and could verify my assumption is correct.

I realize I could make a second My Disney Experience account to house the 7 day ticket, and link it to that one, but I'd like to avoid that if at all possible, because all my credit information and magic bands are linked to my primary My Disney Experience account. If there's no risk of activating the AP, I would prefer to use my primary My Disney Experience account, and not go to the extra trouble of creating a new one.

(Edited for clarity.)
-AP Voucher from Sam's club is currently attached to my primary My Disney Experience account, but has not been activated or used.
1. It cannot be transferred to another account (I've tried)
2. I have since decided I do not wish to activate the AP Voucher.
3. I'm just buying a regular 7 day ticket for my September trip.
4. If the AP Voucher and the 7 Day Ticket are both attached to my (same) primary My Disney Experience account, is there any risk of activating the AP when I tap in at the park each day?
1. That does not necessarily mean that a transfer is not possible.
It means that you could not do so in the attempts made so far. Regardless...
2. OK.
3. OK.
4. Nope.
Have a great trip!

So We are going down 11/21/20.. and I am purchasing my tickets... the Undercover Tourist web page lists a 6 day (4 + 2) for $512.62, pre-tax, per ticket. They also list a 8 day ticket for $463.48, pre-tax per ticket. Anyone have experience purchasing the longer ticket for a lower net-price? Also, Disney direct is only selling 7 day tickets.... Thanks, in advance, for the help!!!

Attachments

• Disney tickets.jpg
    Disney tickets.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6
WDW is only selling 7-day tickets for 2020, and while longer tickets are listed on the UT site I don't believe they'll let you buy it -- it asks for a 2021 start date if you click that ticket.

Has anyone bought from Boardwalk Ticketing recently? Looking into a last minute trip and would purchase about 3 weeks before arrival Sept 20. Did you get eMail confirmation that loaded easily into MDE? How long to get the email? My first time not buying a package through Disney and trying to save some money. Thanks.

I'm guessing no one knows the answer for sure, but what do you think my chances are of "upgrading" 6-day hoppers to 7-day tickets? We bought the tickets and had a whole trip planned out before COVID, but like many others we changed our plans. We are now heading down in December (hopefully) and we added a day to our trip. I'm hoping that hopping will be allowed by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

what do you think my chances are of "upgrading" 6-day hoppers to 7-day tickets?
I’d say that likely you can.

If the 7-day tickets cost less, you might not get a refund.
(You can always ask nicely.)

Is it possible to sell (or more likely give away) an extra ticket? My ticket is for 8 people, they are good Valid: Sun, Sep 13, 2020 – Sun, Sep 26, 2021 . Right now we're booked for 4 of those days, one at each park. If we were doing the paper ticket my understanding we would all have to show up together to claim our tickets. But if we have magicbands could I assign the tickets ahead of time and assign/hand off the magicband to someone else to make reservations within that window of course?

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering if you guys know a trick to maximize savings on this ticket issue:

September 2020 trip -

1. One person has a 7 day park hopper. Will not use all 7 days, but it is COVID extended. Since dropping the hopper portion for a refund causes them to be "date based", plan is to use 5 days on this trip and 2 days in March 2021. Is it correct I can't drop the hopper part for a refund if I want to split up usage?

2. One person has a 5 day park hopper. Will only use 3 days.
A. They will not let me "downgrade" the ticket, right? I would want 3 day ticket and drop the park hopper.
B. This person isn't going in March. I am worried the 2 missing days are lost.
C. Ticket will likely expire prior to use. But if I can use it as a credit, I'm going again in December 2021, and can use it then.
D. If person uses 3 days and has 2 days left, will they credit us with just those two days? Can only the person with this ticket use the credit?

I'm pondering just buying that one person a 3 day ticket and reserving the existing 5 day park hopper for a future trip. It's just more up front cost, though I'm sure cheaper in the long run.

I'm worried we will not get credit for partially used COVID extended tickets. If my sister uses 3 days and has 2 days left, but never uses them, I'd hate to waste that.

(I have read through the sticky but not the recent COVID pages. I apologize if these are repeat questions)

Last edited:
I'm worried we will not get credit for partially used COVID extended tickets. If my sister uses 3 days and has 2 days left, but never uses them, I'd hate to waste that.
I don't believe you can receive any credit for a partially-used ticket. I'd compare the value of the longer ticket you have vs a new shorter ticket. If only "loosing" a couple of days, it may not be that much different. You could buy new shorter tickets and hold the longer one as credit towards another time.

Is it correct I can't drop the hopper part for a refund if I want to split up usage?
Correct. If you modify the current ticket in any manner, it will revert to a regular date-based ticket.

Can I buy tickets on the day I get to the parks, this 2020 September? Still on fence about going this September.

Can I get tickets at resort or do I need to go to guest relations outside of park? Is there Guest Relations outside the international gate way? Staying at Pop wanted to take skyliner to Epcot.

I have a 7 day with park hopper extended till September 2021 I want to save that for later use hope that park hopping will open up in 2012.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter