I called 407-560-2428
I was still told no. They said if no tickets are for sale .. they are "sold out" and can't sell them.

I think you are out of luck like I am.

When I explained that I wouldn't be ADDING to the capacity .. just using a different type of ticket to enter the park (with my current reservation) .. they still seemed like it couldn't happen. "You have to cancel your current reservation . and make a new one when you buy a new ticket and since the system won't let you buy a ticket, you are out of luck." "If you want to go the parks .. just use your current ticket (activate your annual pass)".

I essentially want to "downgrade" one of my tickets. It seems silly .. I get the park is full. I get that if I decided last minute to go to WDW that I couldn't (because the park is full) .. But I am "on the list" and have valid tickets for the family (which is why I was able to get "on the list").. I just want to buy/use a single day ticket instead of the ones I have in hand. I don't see why this is an issue besides the CMs I have talked to just limited by the system. Someone somewhere should be able to override the system.

It seems silly .. I am WILLING to throw $130+ of NEW money to Disney (plus souvenirs/food) to go for just ONE DAY . .but apparently they don't want me, so instead of getting hundreds of dollars from me.. they will be getting $0 and I am taking up the spots of four other people that COULD be going and spending money.

I am almost tempted to just go and try and pass off my daughter as a 3 year old .. she is unfortunately 4 1/2 .. :)

I may try one last ditch effort to go to Disney Springs Ticket Center and explain my case .. but if they don't want my money .. I will just take it their competitors .. like Sea World.
Did you see my earlier post about an ebay ticket? It's a gamble but I had good luck with them in the past.

I called 407-560-2428
I was still told no. They said if no tickets are for sale .. they are "sold out" and can't sell them.

I think you are out of luck like I am.

When I explained that I wouldn't be ADDING to the capacity .. just using a different type of ticket to enter the park (with my current reservation) .. they still seemed like it couldn't happen. "You have to cancel your current reservation . and make a new one when you buy a new ticket and since the system won't let you buy a ticket, you are out of luck." "If you want to go the parks .. just use your current ticket (activate your annual pass)".

I essentially want to "downgrade" one of my tickets. It seems silly .. I get the park is full. I get that if I decided last minute to go to WDW that I couldn't (because the park is full) .. But I am "on the list" and have valid tickets for the family (which is why I was able to get "on the list").. I just want to buy/use a single day ticket instead of the ones I have in hand. I don't see why this is an issue besides the CMs I have talked to just limited by the system. Someone somewhere should be able to override the system.

It seems silly .. I am WILLING to throw $130+ of NEW money to Disney (plus souvenirs/food) to go for just ONE DAY . .but apparently they don't want me, so instead of getting hundreds of dollars from me.. they will be getting $0 and I am taking up the spots of four other people that COULD be going and spending money.

I am almost tempted to just go and try and pass off my daughter as a 3 year old .. she is unfortunately 4 1/2 .. :)

I may try one last ditch effort to go to Disney Springs Ticket Center and explain my case .. but if they don't want my money .. I will just take it their competitors .. like Sea World.

Thanks for replying. Well that's unfortunate. I was thinking the same thing, I'm not taking up any more space than I originally was and I would be spending about $280 on 2 tickets plus at least another $100 on the food/festival, not to mention any merch we might buy. I can't believe they'd turn their noses up at that. I have been eyeing up Seaworld as well, they are having a food/wine type festival there with Night Ranger when I would be going, so that may be the plan. We were just hoping to go to Epcot since we are at the Dolphin and could just walk over. We'll have a car this trip so it might be a good opportunity to check out another park.

Did you see my earlier post about an ebay ticket? It's a gamble but I had good luck with them in the past.
Thanks . but I am not that desperate to gamble like that. If Disney doesn't want my money (even though I have a park reservation) .. then I will just spend it elsewhere. Just never thought this would be an issue since I already had the park reservation secured.

Thanks for replying. Well that's unfortunate. I was thinking the same thing, I'm not taking up any more space than I originally was and I would be spending about $280 on 2 tickets plus at least another $100 on the food/festival, not to mention any merch we might buy. I can't believe they'd turn their noses up at that. I have been eyeing up Seaworld as well, they are having a food/wine type festival there with Night Ranger when I would be going, so that may be the plan. We were just hoping to go to Epcot since we are at the Dolphin and could just walk over. We'll have a car this trip so it might be a good opportunity to check out another park.
I mean . .I purposely had decided to NOT do Disney next week (after having a full week planned). I just not ready to spend the money on the Disney experience yet until things are more back to normal (no masks, no distancing, more stuff open) .. I just thought that maybe it would be fun to go to ONE park for ONE day .. we can suffer for a day ..but may have been exhausting and too expensive for a "full" trip. Plus . we had a refrigerator die on us (only 3 years old) .. so we opted for a cheaper trip .. and save the money (and gift cards) for a trip for the 50th.

We are still going to hit "Disney" via Disney Springs one afternoon and breakfast at the Riveria (and a ride on the skyliner) .. but that looks to be about it now.

Other parks:
If you have small kids we are going to Legoland for $70/each (Undercover Tourist tickets)

We may go to Sea World as UT also has a $86.35 weekday ticket which includes ALL DAY dining?? I mean . that sounds like it would be a savings of AT LEAST $20-30 a person right there. .. wow . .looking at those details .. ONCE PER HOUR you can get an entree/side/dessert and drink! (ONCE PER HOUR?!??!?!?)

I mean . .I purposely had decided to NOT do Disney next week (after having a full week planned). I just not ready to spend the money on the Disney experience yet until things are more back to normal (no masks, no distancing, more stuff open) .. I just thought that maybe it would be fun to go to ONE park for ONE day .. we can suffer for a day ..but may have been exhausting and too expensive for a "full" trip. Plus . we had a refrigerator die on us (only 3 years old) .. so we opted for a cheaper trip .. and save the money (and gift cards) for a trip for the 50th.

We are still going to hit "Disney" via Disney Springs one afternoon and breakfast at the Riveria (and a ride on the skyliner) .. but that looks to be about it now.

Other parks:
If you have small kids we are going to Legoland for $70/each (****************** tickets)

We may go to Sea World as UT also has a $86.35 weekday ticket which includes ALL DAY dining?? I mean . that sounds like it would be a savings of AT LEAST $20-30 a person right there. .. wow . .looking at those details .. ONCE PER HOUR you can get an entree/side/dessert and drink! (ONCE PER HOUR?!??!?!?)

It's just my husband and I on this trip, kids are grown. We canceled for the same reasons as you and decided to visit with friends instead, except for 2 nights in Disney. Thanks for the heads up on the seaworld deal, that is amazing! Once per hour!!

It's just my husband and I on this trip, kids are grown. We canceled for the same reasons as you and decided to visit with friends instead, except for 2 nights in Disney. Thanks for the heads up on the seaworld deal, that is amazing! Once per hour!!
I will try and post back here if I have any luck with the Disney Springs Ticket Center/Guest Services on Sunday afternoon unless there is some crazy long wait. If there is, I just won't bother -- I don't want to wait an hour or so to be told "no luck" again). I would think someone, somewhere can do some magic behind the scenes, but at the same time -- I know how IT "systems" just hamstring customer service sometimes because it only does what it is programmed to do and no more.

No luck trying to contact Disney world support, does anyone know what happens I’ve my tickets are not used by the expiration date? No available option to move the date on my Disney experience app.

No luck trying to contact Disney world support, does anyone know what happens I’ve my tickets are not used by the expiration date? No available option to move the date on my Disney experience app.
Unused fully expired tickets retain their original on-line Disney value (when they were purchased) and can be used toward the purchase of new tickets at the time of a future WDW next trip.

Hoping this is the right place to ask this question! In the past, could you purchase an annual pass and also purchase discounted ap holiday party tickets at the same time or do you have to first activate the annual pass prior to being able to take advantage of the ap discounts?

Hoping this is the right place to ask this question! In the past, could you purchase an annual pass and also purchase discounted ap holiday party tickets at the same time or do you have to first activate the annual pass prior to being able to take advantage of the ap discounts?
If you have an AP "certificate" (unactivated AP,) you generally can purchase "AP-discounted" tickets.

If we make park reservations with Our tickets but change and don’t go. Those tickets are still good For another person and time right? we are taking a person on dialysis with his granddaughter but worried that he will have complications. It’s a present to his family; so don’t want to pressure him.

If we make park reservations with Our tickets but change and don’t go.
Those tickets are still good For another person and time right?
In many cases, yes.
However, at some given date (known at the time you purchase your tickets)
those tickets will fully "expire" and can no longer be used, as-is.

After that date, you can get credit for what you paid for the expired tickets toward buying new tickets for that future trip.

I will try and post back here if I have any luck with the Disney Springs Ticket Center/Guest Services on Sunday afternoon unless there is some crazy long wait. If there is, I just won't bother -- I don't want to wait an hour or so to be told "no luck" again). I would think someone, somewhere can do some magic behind the scenes, but at the same time -- I know how IT "systems" just hamstring customer service sometimes because it only does what it is programmed to do and no more.
I succeeded at Guest Services at Disney Springs! Worst part was waiting the 30+ minutes to talk to someone. The CM just sold me a 1-day ticket for Wednesday, the day I had a park reservation for. So no need to activate my AP yet.

going to Hollywood studios on Wednesday. Feels weird since it is semi impromptu

I had two 5 day park hopper tickets that we did not use in 2019 (we bought a package but didn’t use the tickets as we had APs). I understand I can use the value of those tickets toward purchasing tickets for an upcoming trip. We’d need 2 or 3 day tickets (not park hoppers) for our upcoming trip. Also, our son who was a baby during our 2019 trip now needs a child’s ticket. Will we be able to use the value of the two 5 day 2019 park hoppers toward buying three 2-3 day tickets for our next trip? What happens to any unused amount leftover- does it remain available somehow for another future ticket purchase?

We had always planned to use the value of the 2019 tickets toward new APs or Gold passes but it’s not looking like those sales will have resumed by the time our trip rolls around.

Will we be able to use the value of the two 5 day 2019 park hoppers toward buying three 2-3 day tickets for our next trip? What happens to any unused amount leftover- does it remain available somehow for another future ticket purchase?
Ticket “upgrade” is a 1:1 transaction — meaning 1 old ticket/credit may be used toward 1 new ticket. If the new ticket costs less there is no refund or credit carried forward. You’ll want to check the value of your older tickets and the cost of your new dates to decide if that is a good use of the credit.

Unused fully expired tickets retain their original on-line Disney value (when they were purchased) and can be used toward the purchase of new tickets at the time of a future WDW next trip.
My sister had a resort reservation and a one day park ticket which she ended up not using. That ticket expired in February. How does she know that the credit exists? Does it show somewhere in her MDE account?

And - when she decides to take another trip, will she have to have guest services or customer service apply the credit or will it automatically be available to her when booking online?

My sister had a resort reservation and a one day park ticket which she ended up not using. That ticket expired in February.
1. How does she know that the credit exists?
2. Does it show somewhere in her MDE account?

And - when she decides to take another trip,
3. will she have to have guest services or customer service apply the credit or
4. will it automatically be available to her when booking online?
1. She must call Disney.
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. Nope.

When Disney adds old tickets to your MDE account, whether over the phone or in person, do they log into your MDE account (i.e. do they need your pw?)? Will I need to change my pw after they help?

I have old tickets that I don't think can be added over the phone but I'm going to call this week and try. I'm just wondering how they do it, especially over the phone.

Sorry if this has been answered, but I didn't have luck with a search.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter