Today's e-mail to members

FWIW, I saw that preview video on the website last month. They sure do know how to turn up the marketing fervor. Great for all you new AKV owners. I just feel bad you have to wait several more months and another year or so to enjoy it all.

As said before, it's good there are so many options on the forefront. Now if we can just see some CRV real soon.:goodvibes

if you are not getting emails- login at dvcmember.com - then scroll down- about 1/2 way down the page there is a heading that says "Member emails keep you in touch". Click on that and register for email communications.

thank you ten, that was it. i hadn't signed up. anyway of finding out from the dvcmember website who our guide is?

My first thoughts were "Hmmmm - sales must not be as fever-pitched as they anticipated", and, "I bet an incentive will come along with the 'price increase'".

I think AKV looks like it will be a really fun/interesting/beautiful resort. I don't think it's a place I'd want to stay every year - but every few years is a resounding YES.

My first thoughts were "Hmmmm - sales must not be as fever-pitched as they anticipated", and, "I bet an incentive will come along with the 'price increase'".
I'm curious to know why that was your impression.
AKV will be a fairly large resort, so there's lots to sell! :smokin:

MG

I'm curious to know why that was your impression.
AKV will be a fairly large resort, so there's lots to sell! :smokin:

MG

I agree that there will be lots to sell, but I think that, aside from the first batch of die-hard DVC fanatics adding on to get on the tapestry, that AKV is not going to just sell itself.

I think the initial offer to buy in and start paying right away with no immediate use of the points, no free passes, a minimal rebate, un-bankable developer points, etc. is not an offer that will be able to stand now that the initial rush is over.

I tend to be a sceptic about the "hurry before the price increase line". We were told we ought to purchase SSR a year before we did because the price was about to incease. A year later, post "price increase", we got an offer of 15$ off per point. A "price increase" warning was also sent right before Friends and Family last year. So, I see that sort of marketing and think, "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm".

I agree that there will be lots to sell, but I think that, aside from the first batch of die-hard DVC fanatics adding on to get on the tapestry, that AKV is not going to just sell itself.

I think the initial offer to buy in and start paying right away with no immediate use of the points, no free passes, a minimal rebate, un-bankable developer points, etc. is not an offer that will be able to stand now that the initial rush is over.

I tend to be a sceptic about the "hurry before the price increase line". We were told we ought to purchase SSR a year before we did because the price was about to incease. A year later, post "price increase", we got an offer of 15$ off per point. A "price increase" warning was also sent right before Friends and Family last year. So, I see that sort of marketing and think, "hmmmmmmmmmmmmm".
Okay, thanx for the clarification.
I was under the impression that you got the feeling from the video that sales were slower than expected.

I guess I can see it both ways, so I'm not going to even guess how brisk sales will be.
I think some will love the theme and others will not like the location.

For me, it's all about the theme, and how well that theme is carried out. I think AKV will be a gem for my wife and me! :thumbsup2

MG

For me, it's all about the theme, and how well that theme is carried out. I think AKV will be a gem for my wife and me! :thumbsup2

MG

I think it will have a great theme and will be a really great resort. I also think the theme has considerable appeal for a more diverse and international pool of buyers - which you can absolutely see in the video. I expect them to really play up the "larger family" aspect in future marketing.

I'd likely add-on enough points for every other year if the offer/incentive was more tempting. I really do not like the fact that right now you have to start paying before you can use your points, and the developer points are unbankable. :headache:

Oh, Thank you for the link, I received the email, but it was blank. I have msn so I don't know why. I receive the others for DVC. I love AKV's. This is my favorite resort!!! I cannot wait to stay there. The new pool looks awesome!

True, the purchase price is relatively unimportant to overall cost of ownership over 50 years. But the initial SSR pre-opening price was the lowest offered, even with any other incentives added in. And I believe that holds true for BCV and VWL as well. So if you know you are going to buy and can afford the cost, why wait?

...For me, it's all about the theme, and how well that theme is carried out. I think AKV will be a gem for my wife and me! :thumbsup2

MG

I agree! The three best executed themes on property are Poly, WL/VWL and AKL. AKV should be just as well done.

So if you know you are going to buy and can afford the cost, why wait?

Well, I think that once you take out the die-hard fans with plenty of extra cash, you'll be left with people like me. :goodvibes I might add-on at AKV. I am interested in AKV in theory. But, I also want to watch how I purchase my DVC to make sure I am getting the most "bang" for my buck.

If I am going to buy points and have to pay for them right away, I'd like to be able to use them right away. Patience is not one of my virtues. :lmao: If there was an incentive offer that seemed like a great deal w/developer points/delayed payments until the resort opened, it would be tempting - probably tempting enough for me to buy an add-on. As it happened, the initial offering did not seem that great to me.

We have planned to purcahse another 100 points this year - but as it stands I am on the waitlist for a VB contract in that area (although I am not interested in one with stripped current points because again - I don't want to buy something I can't use for months). If AKV had a really tempting offer, I'd have seriously considered going ahead and going for the incentives/extra contract years. The extra contract years are very, very attractive. If AKV offers an attractive incentive before the perfect VB contract comes up - I'll be tempted. :goodvibes :goodvibes

Who knows. :confused3
I'd love to see 8-10$ per point, immediate use, and developer points that are bankable.:wizard: :cloud9: Maybe in the fall/winter when AKV is open and SSR sells out................ If not, that's okay. I'll be very happy with VB when that perfect contract eventually comes up.

Got the e-mail and DS (7) and I watched it right away. He is a total DVC kid and insists that we try all (though his heart is absolutely at SSR). He reeeeaaalllly likes the idea of AKV though. We have stayed at AKL, so he has a good idea of what it would be like and is very excited about it.

We will definitely be doing a DVC add-on in another year or so...just not sure where. I like AKV well enough to do an add-on, but the dues are bound to be among the highest...and we rarely plan our vacations far enough out to use the 11-month window to our advantage. So....time will tell for us! Definitely excited about AKV though and will definitely stay there at our first opportunity.

We called up to be put on a wait list for BCV, and we almost gave in and bought SSR points. Boy am I glad we didn't. We had a family reunion last year, and we had breakfast at Boma. All the family loved AKL and a few remarked that they would never want to leave it if they stayed there. So we JUMPED. We bought 2 50 pt. contracts. I am hoping to buy 50 pt. contracts from now on, and maybe eventually sell our original 210 pt. contract for OKW. We have reserved a studio for Dec. 2 at OKW, but I am hoping to be able to change that to AKV on May 16. I wonder what the phone lines will be like!

My brother and sister in law just bought into AKL and they are soo very happy. I have to say I am happy with SSR. Just not the animal type.. Plus the decor and all is not really our thing. But happy for all of you who bought there.......

That would be SSR.

I don't know. Vero Beach for 67-75$ per point and a contract had banked points would be a lot of bang - especially since I'll always travel during Spring Break........

Variations in MF are not as much of an issue to me as not being able to use the points right away. I'm one of those people that takes the tags off of new clothes and wants to wear them the very next day! I do think AK will start offering unrestricted developer points or current UY points in the very near future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter