Today's e-mail to members

I don't know. Vero Beach for 67-75$ per point and a contract had banked points would be a lot of bang - especially since I'll always travel during Spring Break........

Variations in MF are not as much of an issue to me as not being able to use the points right away.....

I view it as a total cost of ownership. Initial purchase price is one variable of value. The only way I know to compare different contracts is to calculate the cost per point over the remaining term of the contract. This considers the total number of remaining points (Banked, Borrowed, Current and Future) until the contract terminates. For example of purchases from Disney: SSR is at about $2.22 per point (using my method above), AKV is about $1.94 per point, and the other resorts are from $2.64 to $2.90 per point.

The other variable is annual cost to own. The range in dues is $4.1229 (SSR) to $5.6272 (VB). VB resale is about $7.66 (dues and initial purchase) and from Disney about $8.27. SSR is about $6.02 resale and $6.34 from Disney.

Other factors, such as location or theme or any muber of other attributes affect value, but those are arguably already, at least partially, facatored into the market price of the various resorts. Your desire to be able to use the points immediately is another factor that only you can place a value on.

Actually they are lower than HH, unsubsidized VB, BWV, BCV or VWL.

I realize that...but that is today at Day One...they can't announce a new resort and simultaneously announce it with the highest fees as it would really hurt sales. So it is just my prediction that AKV fees will be among the highest. Time will tell, of course, and I certainly hope this is not the case...but geez....funding that Savannah can't be cheap...

Thanks for the link, Bobbi! Mine came blank too, but I never thought of doing a forward. Can't wait to go HOME to AKV!

I realize that...but that is today at Day One...they can't announce a new resort and simultaneously announce it with the highest fees as it would really hurt sales. So it is just my prediction that AKV fees will be among the highest. Time will tell, of course, and I certainly hope this is not the case...but geez....funding that Savannah can't be cheap...
I wouldn't worry too much about the price of annual fees.
I'm not sure what size add on you are considering, but even if it's 200 points and the fees are 50 cents higher, that is only $100 per year to stay where you want.

Not too bad in my opinion. :smokin:

MG

The resort is large enough to keep the costs under control, I believe. If it is within their control DVC does a pretty good job on cost containment without sacrificing quality.

The resort is large enough to keep the costs under control, I believe. If it is within their control DVC does a pretty good job on cost containment without sacrificing quality.

I totally agree, Jim. We have seen very few big dues increases at OKW, and the last one was the only really big one. That is to be expected when a resort is 10+years old, I think. Besides..dues are relative in a way. If you want it to be the same place you bought into years from now, it has to be maintaned, and you can't do that without increasing dues.

Got my email but it was a blank page. Nothing written in the email and no link. Just empty space. :confused3

The same thing happened to me.....
After reading above posts.....I'm wondering if i missed
clicking on some attachment:confused3
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter