Tokyo Disney Wedding Photos and Mini Trip Report!

Wow! Thanks for the pictures! Both chapels are gorgeous!

This is an amazing post. What an odd and delightful blend of Japanese culture and Disney. Seriously, Disney is genius. Now I want to buy some Disney stock...

Wow Carrie! Those pictures are amazing(I am sorry to admit that most of the puctures I got the blue box with an X). Looks and sounds like you had an amazing trip though, even for the Weddings Part.

those photos are beautiful. i actually like the one wedding place with the dark brown wood lining and the fountain is alot prettier than the WP. i'm still weirded out by having to rent the disney princess dresses though :lmao:

Wow, Carrie, thanks for sharing all the pictures. I was hoping to get an inside look at the Tokyo weddings. So, I am curious does the couple actually get married on the gondola? :bride:

I so wish our American sites had more DFTW items available for Disney brides. They have some awesome engraved frames and such. HINT HINT Disney !

I know you said that they were press on nails, but thought you were kidding, (as you have a tendency to do).... hmmmmm they really were press on nails! The photos were gorgeous and it is so interesting to see how weddings in Japan differ from and are the same as ours here!!

Great job as usual on the commentary....even describing weddings you had me laughing out loud!

That's so cool Carrie, thanks! I can't wait till you start your TR on the trip!

I really like both of the wedding chapels, especially the Rose one. It's so simple and clean. I wish they would rip the carpet out of the Wedding Pavilion to make it kind of similar in style.

The only thing that surprises me is like Cassie already said...I would expect the ballrooms for receptions to be a little more elaborate. They could be any room in any hotel anywhere. Very generic. :confused3

Not being able to pick your own dress is also kind of weird; but Japan still seems so awesome. I want to see a Hello Kitty wedding! :cutie:

I don't think I blinked even once while reading that! I loved all of the pictures! When you said that the Ambassador was more 30's themed, I thought I was going to instantly fall in love with it because I adore the style of old Hollywood glamour, but I have to say I think I liked how rustic & elegant the Mira Costa hotel was. Especially the chapel, and the fact that it is part of DisneySea.

I'm not usually a big fan of the standard Disney figurines (i.e. the standard DFTW Mickey & Minnie cake topper), but I do LOVE this one :lovestruc
DSC01776.jpg

Thanks for the great report, Carrie! :cutie:

I'm so glad you all enjoyed the pictures! :goodvibes I just wish I were a better photographer because the beauty of some of those places doesn't quite translate....

wow..that was cool.

Did you buy any Disney Wedding merchandise?

You know, I didn't. It wasn't really my speed. But I was struck by the sheer volume of it!

I have really never had any desire to go to the Tokyo Disney but after seeing your pictures my thoughts have changed.

So tell us - did you get to try on any of the dresses - I would have loved to do that.

No - they would have burst at the seams! :rotfl: But I would have loved to... Also, I'll be sure you get a link to my full trip report when I start it, because I really think you'll change your mind when you see how amazing Tokyo Disney is. The parks there are like the US parks would be if everything was open/fixed/running/improved/immaculately maintained. Or, as one friend quipped, they're what you get when Disney designs it and someone else foots the bill! :lmao:

This is fantastic, thanks for posting! This part of the Japanese culture fascinates me so much - have you seen the Hello Kitty weddings?

No! I'll have to do a search for those - sounds fantastic! :hyper:

Wow Carrie! Those pictures are amazing(I am sorry to admit that most of the puctures I got the blue box with an X).

Try hitting the refresh button and waiting it out. I put waaaaay too many pix in these posts - your browser may have given up trying to load them!

Wow, Carrie, thanks for sharing all the pictures. I was hoping to get an inside look at the Tokyo weddings. So, I am curious does the couple actually get married on the gondola?

That would be cool, but it's actually just a post-ceremony add-on experience. Almost like the ride around the block you get in Cinderella's Glass Coach at WDW. Imagine getting married at Sea Breeze Point and then having a parade to the Breathless II at the Yacht Club Marina, then getting a ride into Epcot and around World Showcase Lagoon as shrieking gondoliers cling to the sides of the speeding boat for dear life. :cutie:

That would be cool, but it's actually just a post-ceremony add-on experience. Almost like the ride around the block you get in Cinderella's Glass Coach at WDW. Imagine getting married at Sea Breeze Point and then having a parade to the Breathless II at the Yacht Club Marina, then getting a ride into Epcot and around World Showcase Lagoon as shrieking gondoliers cling to the sides of the speeding boat for dear life. :cutie:

*This* sums up why I am a huge fan of your trip reports. You paint a picture with such eloquence. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

WOW, that is just amazing! Congrats on being able to get a grand tour of it. I did a small presentation on Eastern weddings for course I took a few yrs. back and mention weddings there...with little information. Oh well lol. Thanks again for posting this; it's just amazing :D

So fun! Thanks for posting! The chapels are really beautiful and surprisingly Western. I used to see traditional Budha ceremonies with the Kimonos, and another Western ceremony with the "regular" dresses, then another fancy dress for the reception. Is that what you were talking about when you said "a dress or 3?" Maybe they just do the Western part at Disney?

Thanks for the report. Your pictures are stunning!

Wow all of those Venues are so beautiful! The whole wedding program sounds really neat, although I don't know about having to rent a dress, that's a little strange! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter