Tokyo Disney Wedding Photos and Mini Trip Report!

So, I guess the idea of trashing the dress hasn't taken wings yet over there.

GREAT photos! I'm also of the mindset that those are not press-on nails, but samples of what can be done in the salon(e).

Carrie thank you for sharing. The venues looked beautiful. However, I noticed that there were not very many floral arrangements. Wondering if that is something cultural or venue driven. Also wondering how couples individualize their ceremonies as most of the paraphernalia looked quite uniform.

As beautiful as the Tokyo venues were, I think I still prefer the ones at WDW.

Thank you for posting all of these photos! I'm not surprised by the packaged nature of the weddings at Disney. It seems to be how they do things there. Even non-Disney brides often rent their gown (which sort of makes sense, all things considered).

Are you hoping they add renewals so you can do one there someday? Is Hong Kong next on your list?

Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a great time! :)

Love the Phd for the place setting, hehe

So fun! Thanks for posting! The chapels are really beautiful and surprisingly Western. I used to see traditional Budha ceremonies with the Kimonos, and another Western ceremony with the "regular" dresses, then another fancy dress for the reception. Is that what you were talking about when you said "a dress or 3?" Maybe they just do the Western part at Disney?

What they told me was that sometimes brides change costumes (Disney costumes) a few times during the course of the day, kind of like you see in the States when a bride has a more casual dress for the reception. But from what I gathered, the Disney wedding is usually the only wedding and it's Western style.

Thank you for posting all of these photos! I'm not surprised by the packaged nature of the weddings at Disney. It seems to be how they do things there. Even non-Disney brides often rent their gown (which sort of makes sense, all things considered).

Are you hoping they add renewals so you can do one there someday? Is Hong Kong next on your list?

I'll do a vow renewal there when they let you hold them inside Tokyo DisneySea! ...And I'm allowed to bring the Roots! :rotfl: I'm waiting on Hong Kong til all the new mini-lands go in - when's that, 2012? I s'pose I gotta go to Paris in the meantime... grumble... grumble... :lmao:

Thanks for sharing all those photos. They were great. I doubt I'll ever get over to DisneySea so it's nice to see your pics instead.

thanks for sharing the photos, it's really interesting to see how things are done in other countries. I love the ceremony locations, so pretty. And I wish we had lavender Minnie and Gray suit Mickey because that would be perfect with my color scheme!

The renting the dress is not that unusual for Asian brides. Neither are multiple dresses. I'm not sure if it's the same for Japanese brides but most Chinese brides have 3 wedding gowns, a traditional chinese gown, a white traditional western gown and a pink western gown, sometimes even more. I have heard of girls that had 5 different dresses that they changed into during the reception which is like a dress an hour! I feel like it would be exhausting just changing outfits so much.

All that was so cool to see, since I would Never, ever have the opportunity to see that for myself.
Thank you so much for taking all those pictures. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes WOW ! :goodvibes

Wow! That's so different! Very beautiful, but I think being so restricted would drive me nuts. But oh the things I could do to those hotels with free rein!
Oh, and it's Art Deco (Art Nouveau is late Victorian with very natural, vine-like lines). Streamline Modern works too, but I've only heard it reference architecture and cars, not decor.
Thank you for the pictures! You can definitely tell things were built with weddings in mind.

Loved the pics! That is so great how you were able to get in there and do that!

I still can't get over that cake!:cake:

Thanks for sharing Carrie! It is so cool to see Disney Weddings from a whole different perspective and way of life!

Tokyo Disney sounds like heaven and looks like fun! I really liked your pics and congratulations!

Awesome photos!! I'm truly jealous =)

Thank you for sharing them with us..

Well that was incredible & worth the wait. Our computer crashed & I have been dying for Eric to get the new one hooked up so I could look at these pictures. What a great experience for you to get to tour the Tokyo Disney
fairtytale weddings!

Where were the pictured Mickey & Minnie Cake Toppers purchased? The Ambassador Hotel or were they custom made? I'd buy them today if I could find em! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter