Toni & Bobby's Shabby Chic wedding PJ & TR (SBP/Attic/UK) 2/2/09 *COMPLETE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony, can you please fm me with information on how to book a keys tour? I always show vin your journal (its kind of like our bedtime story when you update) and he is so excited now!!
<3

Wow the Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds awesome! I really want to go on it. How long did it take???

PS Bobby's face is priceless! We keep going down to Disney in January when Splash Mt. is closed and it's DF's favorite. He'll have to wait until our planning session next summer :(

I love the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Its been several years since I've been on it, but we loved all the little tidbits they give you on it. I'm glad that you and Bobby had a good time too :thumbsup2

Another great update Toni! The tour sounds really cool!

I promise the next time I'm at Robert's parents I'll get his Splash Mountain pic- That will make you howl with laughter! :lmao: I love how you wound him up about when the drop was- That is sooooooooooooo something I'd do!!

Bob xoxoxox

We did the KKTK tour on our HM also and had a great time too.

Dh and I both love Splash, but on our last ride there was an elderly gentleman in the back of our log. When we were just about to go over the drop, he screamed "HOLY S#$%" so loud I think the whole park heard it, LOL.

The KTTK tour was cool!! Glad you guys loved it!

OMG You have me cracking up over Bobby on Splash Mountain LMAO!!!! Too funny!!

Toni, does Bobby not like rides? DF hates rollarcoasters but LOVES Splash Mountain and a few others in Disney. the KTTK tour sounds awesome. :goodvibes I really want to go on that! So sad your TR is almost over.

on no it can't end!!!! Go back right now Toni! How cool was the tour! I really want to do it on our honeymoon too! And instant fast passes huh? Lucky!

LOL. I wish!!! I will be starting a pre-trip report though for my January trip! I don't know how soon is the proper time to start those though. If anyone knows please let me know!! :rotfl:

I loved the KTTK Tour. Everyone should do it.

I agree! It was awesome. I really learned a ton!

Thats so cool about the tour. I would love to do that one day, sans kids. The going underground I think would be so neat!

Aww man only 1 more day.. NOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't believe the report is almost done!! You have to check out my PTR though when I start it and then my January TR!!

I now officially must go on the keys to the kingdom tour - wicked!! :thumbsup2

Rob and I didn't get on Splash when we were there, I can't wait to be down there for the HM because I know exactly how I'll go on it with him - LOL. He's never been on it. :rotfl:(insert evil laughter here)

Did you get the picture of you two when you got off SM?

Yes you must!!!! The KTTK tour was great!! Is he scared of rides?? I think Bobby would go on it again though. He just didn't know what it was about. Now he knows it's not so bad. I wish we got a pic when we got off because we were soaked! Thank goodness it was hot!!

Aww thanks!! I am hoping to get a new camera though for my next trip so I can take some better pictures!! I am still researching cameras.
QUOTE]

Vin got me the nikon d40 and it is unreal! Check it out!

I just checked that out and it looks great!!!! I did want a Nikon. I am hoping I can get one for Christmas...perhaps from my husband...:rotfl:

Wow the Keys to the Kingdom tour sounds awesome! I really want to go on it. How long did it take???

PS Bobby's face is priceless! We keep going down to Disney in January when Splash Mt. is closed and it's DF's favorite. He'll have to wait until our planning session next summer :(

It was about 4-5 hours. That time includes a lunch break and a few bathroom breaks. It went by pretty fast though. I wonder if Splash Mountain will be closed when we go in January!! I hope not!!

I love the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Its been several years since I've been on it, but we loved all the little tidbits they give you on it. I'm glad that you and Bobby had a good time too :thumbsup2

I loved the tour. It was a good idea to do. You really look at MK a bit differently after learning some of the facts they tell you. I can't wait to do more tours. I would love to do the tour that does all the parks!

Another great update Toni! The tour sounds really cool!

I promise the next time I'm at Robert's parents I'll get his Splash Mountain pic- That will make you howl with laughter! :lmao: I love how you wound him up about when the drop was- That is sooooooooooooo something I'd do!!

Bob xoxoxox

I have to see the picture!!!!! I had him so freaked out that by the time the real drop came he didn't know if he should believe me or not. I love it!! Next time I am going to make him go on Everest!!

We did the KKTK tour on our HM also and had a great time too.

Dh and I both love Splash, but on our last ride there was an elderly gentleman in the back of our log. When we were just about to go over the drop, he screamed "HOLY S#$%" so loud I think the whole park heard it, LOL.

:lmao: That would have been so funny. One time I had this guy behind me and he kept pointing out all the exits that he could get off at. Apparenty some people have actually done this! :eek:

The KTTK tour was cool!! Glad you guys loved it!

OMG You have me cracking up over Bobby on Splash Mountain LMAO!!!! Too funny!!

LOL we have to go on that together so we can both laugh at Bobby. :lmao: Poor guy. He was such a sport!

Toni, does Bobby not like rides? DF hates rollarcoasters but LOVES Splash Mountain and a few others in Disney. the KTTK tour sounds awesome. :goodvibes I really want to go on that! So sad your TR is almost over.

He does like rides but he likes to know about them before he goes on. :rotfl: He actually really wants to go on Everest so I am excited about that!

I wanted to post info about the KTTK tour in case anyone is interested in doing it. I highly recommend it!!!

I found this info on magicalkingdoms.com

Visit backstage areas at the Magic Kingdom as you learn about Park secrets and facts, and hear intriguing stories about Walt Disney, his visions, philosophies and amazing accomplishments. Includes a trip into the Utilidors below the Park, where you'll visit the costume and cosmetology departments.
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House is included.

Duration: 4½ - 5 hours
Cost: $60 per person (plus tax)
Days and Times: Daily. Starting at 8:30am, 9am, and 9:30am
Age Restrictions: Guests must be at least 16 years old to attend this program.
Discounts: Annual Passholder discount of 15%, DVC member discount of 20%.

Theme Park admission is required. Tour cost does not include admission to Magic Kingdom
Reserve by calling 407-WDW-TOUR (407-939-8687)
Photo ID required
This is an outdoor walking program.
No photos allowed in backstage areas

Honeymoon Day 9
February 11, 2009~Our Last Day :sad1:

Well here is our last day. I always hate the last day of a Disney trip. So today we taped our courtship story with Stan. That was a ton of fun. First we taped at the Poly. I was taped first while Bobby was off some where away from me. Then Bobby taped his part. While he was taping I was laying in a hammock relaxing. :rotfl:

After the Poly portion of the video we went back to the room to change into something else because it was HOT that day. Then we met up with Stan in MK. I guess it's easy to tape there since the video camera isn't really big. That was really cool to do. After that we parted ways with Stan and walked around a bit in the stores. We picked up a few last minute gifts and left.

When we bought our DVC we got a book of DVC perks and Bobby found a floral design class for DVC members and Bobby scheduled me for that. It was so much fun! Disney floral came in and they remembered my wedding. At least that is what they told me. :rotfl: They do remember changing our ceremony location at the last minute. Anyway, since it was near Valentines Day we made a Valentines themed arrangement. In case you all don't know, I used to be a florist before becoming a paralegal so I LOVE floral design. The only problem with this class is that the flowers were limited so I had to work with what they gave me which wasn't much.

Here is my arrangement!
days91011062.jpg

A very blurry hidden mickey.
days91011063.jpg

After my class we relaxed around the resort. I went to the pool and hung around while Bobby went to the gift shop and walked around the WL.

We had reservations that night for Artist's Point. This was the sweetheart dinner that I scheduled. It's something that they do now. It's a package deal where you get an appetizer, entree and dessert along with a choice of champagne and you get champagne glasses. I thought it sounded like a nice thing to do on our last night and I figured I would schedule it for Artists Point since it was in our resort.

Here are some pics of me and Bobby being stupid before we went to dinner.

days91011064.jpg

days91011065.jpg

days91011066.jpg

We headed down to Artists Point for our 7 pm reservation. It was really pretty inside! The host was so sweet. The treated us really good there. We were taken to a corner table near the windows. We had a great view. At the table were balloons which said Happy Anniversary. :rotfl: They thought it was our anniversary. It was still cool. We also recieved personalized menus which had my last name on them and not Bobby's. :lmao: I gave them to my parents.

We ordered the Fairytale Cuvee which was great. Bobby doesn't like champagne so I drank it. :banana:

We both got the salad. So good!
days91011070.jpg

Then we both ordered the steak. It came with this yummy potato cake thing. The vegetables were also really good. The steak was excellent. Very juicy. Not dry at all and I got it well done. We both really enjoyed it.
days91011071.jpg

The chef came out to tell us about our dessert. Apparently it is a special dessert that he made just for us. (I guess because we had the sweetheart dinner? :confused3) but it was really nice of him. We raved about the food. It was so good.

Here is our special dessert. It was so pretty I didn't want to eat it....but I did! It was a chocolate raspberry dessert. The raspberry sauce was really good!
days91011072.jpg

The restaurant was really pretty inside.
days91011069.jpg

Here is a pic of our balloons. We ended up giving them to some kids in the table next to us.
days91011068.jpg

After that we watched the Wishes fireworks from the beach. We couldn't see them all but we saw a few. It was still romantic. I took pics but they didn't come out. After that we headed back to the room. We had to get up early the next day for our flight back to Jersey. Boo!!

Our flight back was really smooth until we started landing in Atlantic City. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO windy!!!!!!!!!! The plane was all over the place. I thought it was funny. Everyone clapped when we landed. The pilots did a great job landing. Going to our car I was getting blown over. We had a hard time opening the doors to the car the wind was so bad but we were home again but this time as a married couple! :goodvibes

That is the end of my PJ and TR! I can't believe it. I feel like it was only yesterday that I started! I miss the planning process and I really miss our wedding day but it's so wonderful to be married. We are really enjoying married life, fixing up our house and just having a great time! We are already planning our next trip in January! I am going to start a Pre-TR for that and then do a TR so check it out when I start my PTR! :banana:

And they lived happily ever after.......................The End.

38576.jpg

Honeymoon Day 9
February 11, 2009~Our Last Day :sad1:

Well here is our last day. I always hate the last day of a Disney trip. So today we taped our courtship story with Stan. That was a ton of fun. First we taped at the Poly. I was taped first while Bobby was off some where away from me. Then Bobby taped his part. While he was taping I was laying in a hammock relaxing. :rotfl:

After the Poly portion of the video we went back to the room to change into something else because it was HOT that day. Then we met up with Stan in MK. I guess it's easy to tape there since the video camera isn't really big. That was really cool to do. After that we parted ways with Stan and walked around a bit in the stores. We picked up a few last minute gifts and left.

When we bought our DVC we got a book of DVC perks and Bobby found a floral design class for DVC members and Bobby scheduled me for that. It was so much fun! Disney floral came in and they remembered my wedding. At least that is what they told me. :rotfl: They do remember changing our ceremony location at the last minute. Anyway, since it was near Valentines Day we made a Valentines themed arrangement. In case you all don't know, I used to be a florist before becoming a paralegal so I LOVE floral design. The only problem with this class is that the flowers were limited so I had to work with what they gave me which wasn't much.

Here is my arrangement!
days91011062.jpg

A very blurry hidden mickey.
days91011063.jpg

After my class we relaxed around the resort. I went to the pool and hung around while Bobby went to the gift shop and walked around the WL.

We had reservations that night for Artist's Point. This was the sweetheart dinner that I scheduled. It's something that they do now. It's a package deal where you get an appetizer, entree and dessert along with a choice of champagne and you get champagne glasses. I thought it sounded like a nice thing to do on our last night and I figured I would schedule it for Artists Point since it was in our resort.

Here are some pics of me and Bobby being stupid before we went to dinner.

days91011064.jpg

days91011065.jpg

days91011066.jpg

We headed down to Artists Point for our 7 pm reservation. It was really pretty inside! The host was so sweet. The treated us really good there. We were taken to a corner table near the windows. We had a great view. At the table were balloons which said Happy Anniversary. :rotfl: They thought it was our anniversary. It was still cool. We also recieved personalized menus which had my last name on them and not Bobby's. :lmao: I gave them to my parents.

We ordered the Fairytale Cuvee which was great. Bobby doesn't like champagne so I drank it. :banana:

We both got the salad. So good!
days91011070.jpg

Then we both ordered the steak. It came with this yummy potato cake thing. The vegetables were also really good. The steak was excellent. Very juicy. Not dry at all and I got it well done. We both really enjoyed it.
days91011071.jpg

The chef came out to tell us about our dessert. Apparently it is a special dessert that he made just for us. (I guess because we had the sweetheart dinner? :confused3) but it was really nice of him. We raved about the food. It was so good.

Here is our special dessert. It was so pretty I didn't want to eat it....but I did! It was a chocolate raspberry dessert. The raspberry sauce was really good!
days91011072.jpg

The restaurant was really pretty inside.
days91011069.jpg

Here is a pic of our balloons. We ended up giving them to some kids in the table next to us.
days91011068.jpg

After that we watched the Wishes fireworks from the beach. We couldn't see them all but we saw a few. It was still romantic. I took pics but they didn't come out. After that we headed back to the room. We had to get up early the next day for our flight back to Jersey. Boo!!

Our flight back was really smooth until we started landing in Atlantic City. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO windy!!!!!!!!!! The plane was all over the place. I thought it was funny. Everyone clapped when we landed. The pilots did a great job landing. Going to our car I was getting blown over. We had a hard time opening the doors to the car the wind was so bad but we were home again but this time as a married couple! :goodvibes

That is the end of my PJ and TR! I can't believe it. I feel like it was only yesterday that I started! I miss the planning process and I really miss our wedding day but it's so wonderful to be married. We are really enjoying married life, fixing up our house and just having a great time! We are already planning our next trip in January! I am going to start a Pre-TR for that and then do a TR so check it out when I start my PTR! :banana:

And they lived happily ever after.......................The End.

38576.jpg

aww I'm sorry that it's done Toni but on the bright side you get to do your 1st year anniversary TR next year! and your pj will help a lot of other disbrides. Love how you ended it with the carriage pic :goodvibes

Aww Toni, I'm so sad to see this end.

I love your floral arrangement. That was so sweet of Bobby to set that up for you.

Oh and your food looked really good. That's ashame they didn't put his name on the menus lol. Poor Bobby lol.

You guys had such a great honeymoon! I really enjoyed it! Love how you ended it with the picture, so cute.

Awwwww! I'm so sad that your TR is done! It was so much fun to follow along with all your planning, your wonderful day, and your honeymoon! I can only hope our wedding trip will be as great as yours! Congrats on everything and I'm looking forward to your PTR!

Aww so sad for it to come to an end, thank you for sharing with us... made us feel like we were there with you! :)

Im dying about the name on the menu... maybe they thought you were one of those futuristic type couple and instead of you taking his name he took yours LMAO

Cant wait to catch up with you on your almost anniversary trip report :)

Sounds like a lovey last day. I'm sorry your TR is over. Have a wonderful magical life together.

What a lovely last day! The food at Artist Pointe looks absolutely delicious! Especially that dessert! Yummy!

I cannot begin to tell you how much I have completely adored reading all about your wedding and your honeymoon.... Your wedding day was absolutely gorgeous and you looked amazing, and your honeymoon was just wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing it with everyone! :hug:

Bob xoxoxoxox

We're all depressed now that it's over! BAH! :sad1:

It sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing last day. The flower arrangement was beautiful even if you were limited! :lovestruc Esp. the hidden Mickey!

Your floral arrangement looked really nice!

So sad your TR is over! I really enjoyed reading along, all the way from your PJ to the very end.

I KWYM about missing the planning process etc. I love being married now as well, but sometimes I get a little depressed that the wedding is over. Silly, but what can you do?

Toni, its so sad to see it come to an end, but am looking forward to your future reports.

I've always wanted to eat at Artist Pointe and from your review it sounds like everything was really delicious. Would you suggest the romance dinner package, do you think it was worth it? I considered it for Kris and I, but wasn't sure if the cost was worth while.

Ok, I am glad I am not the only one here sad to see this PJ/TR end! Seriously Toni, please start your PTR for January now... it's only 7 months:rotfl:

Did you use your name on the ADR for Artist pointe? I bet that is why your menu had your last name on it, not Bobbys??:confused3 Just a guess though?

And yay a former florist too! That was a prior profession of mine as well! Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter