• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 worst attractions at MK

Hall of Presidents (I actually really enjoy the attraction itself and it is a must do for us, however I have noticed over the past decade or so that there are more and more people who go into this attraction with an inability to just sit and enjoy it. Instead they like to LOUDLY express their support of or severe dislike for, the current President - and you can tell they are doing it in order to get a rise out of people).

We are going in 10 days! But the Hall of Presidents is down for repairs. I am kinda glad I won't be there when the current Prez arrives. It is one of my DH favorite attractions.

I agree with Swiss Family Treehouse, we were going by last time and did it because we had some time. Then were like o_O. I don't see the appeal of the River Boats or Tom Sawyers Island, but I know a few with little kids that just wanted a place for the kids to run around a bit without any lines, and TSI was it.

I don't bother with AstroOrbiter's or the Flying Carpets - midway rides at a State Fair (but prettier)

Tomorrowland speedway! That is one that I will never do again. It smells awful and I had an awful time trying to steer! And that's my opinion of it walking on during evening emh so I didn't even experience the long waits or heat/sun. Two things I've never done but have no desire to try are Swiss Family and Tom Sawyer.

Stitch. Thank goodness it's going away. That one made me sad because I love the character.

I've never been a huge fan of the Laugh Floor either. It's pretty meh for me. Ditto Pooh.

Out of the attractions I have personally experienced, my worst are:

-Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
-Tomorrowland Speedway
-Mad Tea Party

Enchanted Tiki Room - boring.

Swiss Family Treehouse - extremely anticlimactic.

Tomorrowland Speedway - hot, smelly, smoky, too restricted, "speed"way is very misleading.

I don't have any worst attractions...only ones that my family has no desire to do (and they can't be the worst because we've never done them)
1. Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
2. Liberty Bell
3. Tiki Room

1) Tomorrowland Speedway
2) Mad Tea Party
3) Stitch

Honorable mention goes to It's a Small World...it's kinda creepy but it's also classic so I'd do it over the others listed.

My MK one-and-done's are:

Stitch
Tomorrow-land Speedway
Astro Orbitor

There are quite a few rides I rarely get on just because they are lower on the list and time runs out.

I love Swiss Family Tree House. I want to live there, either there or in the hut at the beginning of Jungle Cruise. Also love the new/old Tiki Hut for the vintage/retro quality, and that the mechanical bird Walt found in Mexico started the whole automatronics thing.

1. Hall of Presidents (I agree, just boring)
2. Frontierland Shootin' Arcade (should have never taken out the real "bullets")
3. Carousel of Progress (even with the vintage value, its just a waste of space)

We like the Speedway because the kids get to "drive", although that darn pedal can sure be tough to push down in some of the cars!

We also like the Treehouse because we grew up with the movie. The movie tie-in is pretty important for this attraction.

Never did try Stitch or the Alien thing. But since they're gone, problem solved.

Tom Sawyer - again, with young kids, we like a break over here. Pretty fun place to explore, and brings back memories of my childhood.

I'm always a bit disappointed in Pirates, even though its a classic, and I love having even a portion of the original. But the original at DLR is just....the original.

And Barnstormer, well, if its more than a 5-10 minute wait, forget it. The ride is about 10 seconds long.

Magic Carpets - meh, well, they needed a kiddie ride over here, so this'll do - doesn't take up that much space.

Winnie - its a close 4th, imo. Toad was WAY better.

Tomorrowland Speedway
Mad Tea Party (but that could be because I have constant vertigo)
Stitch

Stitch - a thousand times - bring make the alien!

Riverboat - ah, what's the point?
Tom Sawyer's Island

Tomorrowland Speedway - noisy, smelly, boring
Mad Tea Party - I realize it's an icon, but it's a fair type ride.
Prince Charming Regal Carousel - it's a mall ride

I don't think I can pick 3 that I really dislike. Stitch, which they are in the midst of taking care of can go. Astro Orbiter, I've never had any interest in, but it is hard to imagine really putting anything else in it's place.

One man's Worst Attraction is another's Disney Icon.

So true!! Some others' least favorites are things I really enjoy, not necessarily things we do every time, but part of Disney to me. :)

I love the Tiki Room, for instance! - It's just so "classic Disney nostalgia." And I was ecstatic the year we finally squeezed Tom Sawyer Island into a trip.

I just call it the Vomit Teacups. :crazy2:

:rotfl: I actually like teacup rides, but your name for them is still funny!

We also like the Treehouse because we grew up with the movie. The movie tie-in is pretty important for this attraction.

I agree. I loved that movie! (I also have fond memories of the Treehouse from DS's first trip.)

I don't think Disney really has any "bad" attractions. Just some are more appealing than others depending upon taste. That being said...

I don't really get the appeal of the Tomorrow Land Speedway. It's too similar to other "car" rides at other parks, is noisy, smelly and takes up quite a bit of space that Disney could use for more unique to Disney type attractions.

Any of the character meet and greets. I don't have children and can't see waiting in huge lines to "meet" someone dressed in a suit. I like the idea of seeing them hanging around the park and would be happy to have a photo or two taken here and there on a whim, but waiting in long lines for this? No.

I really can't think of any others. I'll never go on the Teacups again, after they made me severely nauseous when I was nine, but I like the atmosphere they give to the park. I love the Tiki Room, and think the Treehouse is intriguing in a fantasy of wanting to get away from society, live on a tropical island somewhere but in comfort sort of way. :)

So I skimmed through the question and thought you said 'best' attractions. I was so confused over the answers!

On my worst list: STITCH!!!! and Country Bear Jamboree. I don't have a 3rd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter