• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 worst attractions at MK

When I was younger, thinner, and had the ability to climb without gasping desperately for breath and passing out I liked Swiss Family Treehouse.....not so much now. Also Stitch....just horrible, and the Speedway....because lets face it, unless you are 5 driving a car at 2.5mph on a track after waiting 45 minutes in line is just no fun.

Yep. We usually skipped it, but tried it one time a few years ago. After reaching the exit, DW and I looked at each other and wondered if we missed something. It was great exercise, but that's about it.

I do agree that there isn't much to Swiss Family Tree house, except like PP said, the exercise. However, I went up there at night one time and at the top I got a gorgeous view of the Castle, got some great pictures up there. This reason alone is why I don't mind it.

The attractions that we don't like at MK (or at least the ones that we skip by each trip)
- Stitch (so glad it is only opened seasonally
- Hall of Presidents
- Enchanted Tiki Room (don't hate the attraction but we never go in there)

The problems I have with the Speedway are...

1. Sucking in exhaust

2. Flaying the skin off my butt and legs on those BLACK seats that have been broiling out in the Florida sun.

3. Whiplash from being rear-ended by kids who can't control their car.

4. Having to stop every 5 seconds because the kid driving in front of you keeps stopping because they can;t reach the pedal or are arguing with their sibling.

5. I'm 5'7 and I have trouble reaching the pedal comfortably. Last time I actually got a Charlie horse from stretching my leg so hard to push it and hold it.

I have to say I just don't understand all the Stitch hate. Is/was it the best ride in MK? Not even close, but I definitely enjoyed it. :confused3

Swiss Family Treehouse - definately a 1 and done.

Enchanted Tiki Room - good for a rest, but nothing else.

Jungle Cruise - we might try this one again. The first and only time i've been on it since I was little boy, the CM driving the boat really didn't seem to care, and blew through her lines.

Country Bears Jamboree - I had fond memories of this from when I was a kid. We even had a Big Al cookie jar at my parent's house. But, when we went during our last trip, I couldn't see what I liked about it. Chuck E. Cheese has a better anamatronic show! Its good for a rest break.

Never been on Stitch, but all the posts made me look it up on youtube. OMG that would be 12 minutes of torture.

I am too. But that might be because I'm a total history and I LOVE it. I cried the first time I saw it.

HoP is one of my favorites. I'm a history buff as well, and I get a lump in my throat each time I watch the film. And FWIW, i've never experienced anyone booing or being disrespectful.

So, to be honest, I can do without the entire tomorrow land, and yes that included space mountain!

I actually liked Tommowland more than I thought I would (and spent lots of time there while my kids rode Space Mountain endlessly).

In all my copious research, I was sure it would be my least favorite "land", but it was our favorite. We started each morning there after rope drop!

IT's a small world
IT's a small world
IT's a small world

The kids love the speedway, and as an adult I've driven at night while the fireworks have gone off. It was pretty magical.

Pirates of the Caribbean - compared to Disneyland it's awful. If you live west of the Rocky's and get to DL regularly there is literally zero reason why you should go on it.

Top 3 Worst Attractions?

1. Country Bear Jamboree
2. Country Bear Jamboree
3. Did I mention ..... Country Bear Jamboree?

Boooooo!!! ;-) "Thar was blood ooonnn the saddle and blood allllll around!"

The kids love the speedway, and as an adult I've driven at night while the fireworks have gone off. It was pretty magical.

Pirates of the Caribbean - compared to Disneyland it's awful. If you live west of the Rocky's and get to DL regularly there is literally zero reason why you should go on it.

^^^This. I've always wondered why they short-changed the east coast version of this ride. We still go, because any bit of Pirates is fun, but it does make me long for the DL version.

Stitch.
Small World.

Hall of Presidents when it is nice out. When it is blazing hot, I LOVE Hall of Presidents.

It just depends on who you ask ..:)

I always liked (when I was a wee kid) the "adventure" of Swiss Family Tree house .. and my son found it fun to climb through it. I consider it, like Tom Sawyer's Island or the riverboat to be just part of the "ambience" or theming of the various lands and not really an attraction, per se.

Toddlers (like my son) love Aladdin's carpets as much as they love Dumbo (and a much shorter line usually).

But for me personally (as an adult Disney Fan who has been going to MK probably a dozen times since he was in elementary school)?

Tomorrowland Speedway - Dated, noisy and slow queue. These car things were unique in the 70s, and a novelty in the 80s (every theme park had a variation of them), but now whenyou can go down the road and do REAL go karts (indoor or out?) .. this attraction is pretty lame for kids of any age.

Stitches Great Escape - An attraction that doesn't know what it wanted to be. Scary? Funny? A great animatronic, but sort of a "one and done" type of attraction.

Despite what I said above . I would throw Aladdin's carpets in there for me mainly because it is just a duplicate of Dumbo without the fun queue.

Speedway
Speedway
Speedway

It smell and takes of a lot of real estate that could be put to much better use. And it's in tomorrowland..what's futureistic about it?

Stitch and sorcers, barnstormer....ehhh. I am really surprised that I read quite a few Hall of Presidents. I became very emotional on that attraction. Really enjoyed that one. Tomorrowland is a good one but they should replace the cars with the move cars and make it electrical.

Stitch. But, since it's on seasonal operation:

1: It's a Small World (I literally cannot STAND this ride)
2: Country Bear Jamboree
3: Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Honorable Mention: Enchanted Tiki Room

I am too. But that might be because I'm a total history and I LOVE it. I cried the first time I saw it.

I also love Hall or Pres, or at least have. The first time I sat up front and caught all the tiny movements and nuances was a revelation to me.... but then I'm kind of a presidential geek.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter