• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 worst attractions at MK

Tiki .. we finally did it last year and wow, just nothing I'd ever do again!
Speedway .. very nostalgic but we never do it
Astro Orbiter .. i don't know, it's just so blah

Stitch
Speedway
Space Mountain :duck:

I like the tunnels and fort on Tom Sawyer Island. Plus it's a great place to take a picture of the Haunted Mansion.

Carousel of Progress bothers me. There's just such a big jump from the third vignette, 1940s, to the "present." It made more sense when I was a king d and the jump was from the 1940s to the 70s or 80s. Since the last refurb, I feel like a lot gets left out. Of course, the "importance" of the stuff that's left out is debatable. How much do I need to see a show about the history of kitchen appliances?

Swiss Family Treehouse we avoid, too. I've seen the movie, but it's not popular today, so I wouldn't mind a re-theme.

The Tomorrowland Speedway could also use some love. My son likes to "drive," so it stays in the rotation for now.

For me, easily Astro Orbiter, Hall of Presidents, and Swiss Family Treehouse.

Astro Orbiter is horribly uncomfortable. Hall of Presidents puts me to sleep, and last time I went someone said something VERY rude about our president at the time that wasn't appropriate in front of kids (or anyone). Swiss Family Treehouse is just boring; once is enough.

Last edited:

There are a lot I don't like myself and don't do, but that I don't think are bad.....like tea cups and speedway

The one's I dislike and won't do are:
Stitch
Treehouse ......had been through it in years and years and decided to do it last trip.....not fun
Laugh Floor

Only one I have no use for is Tomorrowland Speedway. It literally stinks sometimes, and it is about as fun as riding a lawnmower around the yard. Great for the tots but not much use for the rest of us IMO

My 15 year old son disagrees with you. He says riding a lawnmower around the yard is much more fun because you can actually control a lawnmower. :car: LOL!!!

Heres my 3.

Space Mountain.
Compared to Disneyland this ride is average.

Tomorrowland Speedway.
Will leave you with an IS IT OVER ALREADY face

Peter Pan
The line queue is the highlight. The ride is old and dirty looking and not dark enough.

Tiki room.

When I first went on it, I thought it was going to be a show involving some real birds in the mix. Nope. Just an awfully long singalong with fake birds.

1. Stitch
2. Space Mountain – Too rough, very different than DL version
3. Buzz Lightyear – the laser guns in DL version can be picked up for easier aiming, we no longer do the WDW version.

I'm always a bit disappointed in Pirates, even though its a classic, and I love having even a portion of the original. But the original at DLR is just....the original.

Winnie - its a close 4th, imo. Toad was WAY better.

Now that I have been on Pirates in DLR, I completely agree.

Toad was amazing. We rode twice in DLR so my sister and I both had a chance to drive.

I loathed Stitch. We were big fans of Alien Encounter and this replacement was just the worst for me.

I don't HATE anything, but ripe for redevelopment to me are:

Stitch (hopefully soon)
Tomorrowland Speedway (don't change the concept just the implementation - electric cars for starters)
Magic Carpets of Aladdin - yet another spinner and in an awkward location.

I really miss Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues. Every time we go on WtP or walk by 7DMT, I think about those rides....

20,000 Leagues was awesome! It was the first ride I ever went on at WDW, when I was 9 years old. The magic of that ride forever left an impression on me. I was so sad when I heard that it had been torn down.

1. Hall of Presidents
2. Tomorrowland Speedway
3. Space Mountain (I would probably love it if it were a smoother coaster)

I thought I was the only one. I used to love SM and then I had kids and didn't ride it for w trips-2002 and 2005 (Preggo with #3) and when I went on it in 2008 I was making sure my 7yo was OK and then I went on it in 2013 and couldn't believe how rough it was.

As far as my 3:

Teacups
Little Mermaid-glad there was no line for it when I went
Astro orbiter or whatever it is called . Never been on it. I sent my DH with my older 2 in 2013 and I got the then paper fast passes with my 2 yo. They were on the first elevator up.

My kids/DH hate that I drag them up Swiss family but is classic and I love that movie and always wanted to live in that tree house!

I hate the speedway but that's because I can drive a car and it's just not fun for an adult. My non driving kids like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter