• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Total Nightmare @ Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to be on different sides if we're going to switch!

Shoot - we're only allowed to post the same thing 647 times, and I made you just waste one.

;)

Ooops, my bad!:laughing:

How is this: It is fine if my room isn't ready at exactly 3pm. In fact, I feel honored to get a room on Disney property at all! Last time they didn't let me bring my whole family of 12 into one room at the All Stars, but this time they are being soo accomodating, I can let a little thing like a late check in slide. Even getting my room at 8pm will beat what happened before, when I had to sleep by the piano pool in a lounge chair, because they were overbooked. It doesn't matter, as long as I am on Disney property!

You people need to stop being so uptight and just learn to go with the flow!

Hmmm I think that puts you STILL on the same side!

I'm willing to bet this isn't as huge a problem as it has been made out to be.

To the person who keeps looking for the OP.... ummm this stopped being about the OP and the OP's topic even about 45 pages ago. No reason for him/her to ever come back.

Ooops, my bad!:laughing:

How is this: It is fine if my room isn't ready at exactly 3pm. In fact, I feel honored to get a room on Disney property at all! Last time they didn't let me bring my whole family of 12 into one room at the All Stars, but this time they are being soo accomodating, I can let a little thing like a late check in slide. Even getting my room at 8pm will beat what happened before, when I had to sleep by the piano pool in a lounge chair, because they were overbooked. It doesn't matter, as long as I am on Disney property!

You people need to stop being so uptight and just learn to go with the flow!

No way. Check in is at 3:00 and your room BETTER be ready. Otherwise, you'll get less mileage out of the refillable mug your brought from your last trip.

:goodvibes

Hmmm I think that puts you STILL on the same side!

I'm willing to bet this isn't as huge a problem as it has been made out to be.

To the person who keeps looking for the OP.... ummm this stopped being about the OP and the OP's topic even about 45 pages ago. No reason for him/her to ever come back.

I dunno. I think this is a big problem. In fact, I'm writing a letter to Michael Eisner RIGHT NOW, and I haven't yet had to wait for a room. I'm doing it just on principle. (or is it principal?)

:banana:

RED ALERT

Critical mass has been achieved.

Thread Self Destruct will be activated in five...

four...

three...

wait................................what happened to the countdown:rotfl2::rolleyes1

I'm surprised we haven't seen Robo on this thread...could have easily reached his 50,000 goal on this topic. In fact, we all might hit 50k at this rate.

If this is the case, why does it specifically state on my confirmation for October, that check-in is AFTER 3pm? Seems like the two statements conflict with each other??

so tell me, what time AFTER 3pm? 4pm? 5pm? 3:30pm? 3:01pm? No one seems to answer this question? That's because checkin is supposed to begin at 3pm. Even, then, rooms don't have to be ready exactly at 3pm. If you're the first person to checkin at exactly 3pm, then it still probably takes a minimum of 15-20min to get through that process, then maybe another 5-10min to get to your room. So in theory, the earliest time the room would need to be ready for is 3:20 - 3:30pm.

"AT/AFTER" 3pm....i think some people on this thread have gotten ahold of Bill Clinton's dictionary when it comes to definitions.:rotfl2:

I want to keep debating but am bored with reiterating my side. Anyone want to switch sides of the argument with me?

ok.
I have to say, all the times we've been to disney, and all the resorts we have stayed at (oops, ended my sentance with a preposition...other thread) , we almost always got our room EARLY.

only once did we have to wait past 3, and we started getting pretty hot by the pool (CBR) and I finally asked, "well, what's the problem?"
they said our room is waiting for a repair,.(it was about 4:30) ""wel,, what's the repair?" them: "a lightbulb":rotfl2: .. I couldn't believe it! I said: "tell you what, just tell me my room number, and when they come with the new light bulb, I'll change it myself" lol

I don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, but I always have thought of checkin as, well, checkin. I go to the checkin area, give my info and if my room is ready, terrific. I have never felt it was a sure thing. Stuff happens in life. Things occur that may make it impossible for your room to be ready at 3pm exactly. Sure, most of the time my room has been ready at the 3pm mark, and if not, it was only a short wait.

But, really....in the big picture of life...what possible difference could it make if your room is ready at 3pm or at 4pm???? Man, I have never seen such outcry. If it's that important that you be in your room right at 3pm, then you need to alert the hotel/resort.
Here's an issue.....room assigners do their basic, penciled in room assignments a few days before your arrival. So, you have been slated to get, say, room 1234. But, Miss Jones gets to your resort a few hours before you do. She sees her room assignment and she hates it. So, they give her room 1245....which had been assigned to someone else. Well, Mr Smith gets there (he had been given room 1245) and they give him room 1234...your original room. You get there, your room has been changed to 1324...but it isn't quite ready yet..you arrived at 3:05 but have to wait 30 mins for your room.
Fair?? Maybe not. But, here's the thing...rooms are assigned in theory. This is why you can't have anything left in 'your' room until after you have checked in...it really isn't your room until you stand there and take that room key.
Like I said...stuff happens. If being able to get right into your room is important then perhaps it's best to plan accordingly. Arrive a bit later, hopefully your room will be ready. Also, do online checkin as well as DME..both seem to help the 'room ready' scenario.

But, really....in the big picture of life...what possible difference could it make if your room is ready at 3pm or at 4pm???? Man, I have never seen such outcry. If it's that important that you be in your room right at 3pm, then you need to alert the hotel/resort.

I will tell you why it is important to me. Disney is good in solving problems but not very much at night. I do not leave to the park without checking my room first. Times when I took an early flight just to drop my bags and leave to parks, gone. I did have 2 unpleasant moments when I saw my room at night for the first time. One time, my room had dirty beddings and it took another hour and a half to fix it, I called housekeeping, I called front desk, I went to front desk and it was after midnight. Second time, they did not deliver a rollaway bed, it took 4 calls, walk to front desk, and about 2 hours. And I believe I am not the only one having problems like that at night, this thread is a bright example. So I schedule my flight to get to hotel around check in time, and do not leave until everything that wrong is fixed and during the day it is usually very fast. So delaying my room by hour or two does mess my plans a lot. Yes, you can go to parks, you can swim, go eat, walk, whatever, but it may be not what you planed. See, I do not come early, I do not expect them to give me room earlier but I schedule my first day to fit rules. I do not think that anyone should specifically let them know that it is important for them to enter room, well when it suppose to be, it is given, unless you for some reason need it earlier, then contact them and explain situation.

I think something we forget here is that with such a large inventory of rooms, and dwindling staff (as someone else pointed out), that Disney has probably moved to a largely scientific way they approach this topic.

Historical data likely provides Disney with a plethora of information as it relates to check-ins/check-outs (weekday average times, weekend average times, holiday average times, peak/non-peak, etc, etc). This data is likely aggregated to give them the most likely time someone will check-in and check-out. They likely use this, as well as expected arrival times from Magical Express/Advance Check-in, against the capabilities of the Mousekeeping staff to plan their day and help them meet the check-in time they state.

I looked through the lodging laws in Florida but cannot find anything that holds them accountable (by law) to the check-in time. That said, they advertise it as the time the room will be available and need to stand by that declaration. Poop happens from time to time, so I'm sure there's a situation where a room won't be available on a time they estimate (flights early, wrong information they received, slow mousekeeping, etc, etc). Depending on when they think it will be available, they should make reparations accordingly. I think that they do their best to meet their obligation, but like anyone, are prone to errors from time to time.

To the OP, if she's still around 49 pages later, I hope that you are including some thanks for the response you got from the All Star staff. I agree with others that their nighttime support needs to be suped up a little bit, but I agree with others in that their response seems to be more than adequate unless you had your hearts set on the All Star. We, as a culture, need to be better at pointing out the positive rather than harping too much on the negative. As cliche as it is, the power of positive thinking can make many negative situations more easy to swallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter