Touring plans reservation finder frustration

I use it and always had great luck with it. I needed 4 ADR's for our trip next month, that I couldn't add another person to months ago and I ended up getting all 4 because of that feature. I always got the text during the day, later in the afternoon, early evening and I just so happened to be home for all 4 of them, so I guess I lucked out. I was able to hop right on right away and snag them. Not one was in the middle of the night.

It has been hit or miss, but I still like it.
It is frustrating when you miss a text about an ADR that is available.
But without Reservation Finder, you wouldn't even know that it ws available.

I don't find it that strange for them to pop during the night. If I can't sleep at night, sometimes I will play w/ my ADRs. There is less traffic on the site and usually less lag.

I have had great success and my texts never come in the middle of the night however, Artist Point has been locked up solid no availability for a while. I made a reservation for 3 of us for early December, I need to bump that to 6 people and i haven't received one hit on that reservation finder. I've been obsessively checking too, I think there's an availability issue for that reservation. But i second the last minute checking idea. I've also been obsessively checking for night before reservations, as in, if we were there right now, would i be able to get this reservation, there is almost always availability due to last minute cancellations within the 24 hour no penalty window.

I guess I kinda like the fact that the alerts sometimes come during the middle of the night . . . probably fewer people I have to compete with to snag it! I think I've been successful in booking two reservations that came in that way. :thumbsup2

I am hoping to get a reservation for Story Book Dining at Artist Point. Reservation Finder only has a search option for Artist Point. Does that work?

I changed the text alert for TP to a song so it's loud , long and distinct to wake me up in the middle of the night. It also helps during the day so I know not to ignore the text message.

This was exactly the trick that worked for me too. I have an obnoxious text alert set up for both TP and *********** as I kept missing notifications overnight. In addition, I added both to my VIP Favorites and set those to "Emergency Bypass On". So even if my phone is on Do Not Disturb or has gone into night mode (basically DND), it will still alert me to these messages. Since then it is rare to miss a reservation. I have an iPhone, not sure the equivalent settings on Android.

TP is a manual lookup, not an automated system pinging the WDW reservations. I'm not sure who is doing it but based on the times I've gotten the bulk of my notifications I assumed a decent portion of the operation is done overseas.

If you do get a dead link it just means someone else already clicked into it. It will only work for the first person. I suggest doing a quick lookup on the WDW site itself as their circumstances may have changed - especially as it gets closer - and they may not have taken the reservation. I know I've forgotten res finders only to be surprised by a notification and clicked on a no longer needed link while half asleep and fumbling for my reading glasses. (I'm trying to be better about updating my finders too.)

Good luck!

I am desperately trying to get a reservation for Artist point the first week of December. I signed up for touring plans reservation finder. I have had luck with this site in the past so decided to give it a try. So far, they have found me three reservations. The very frustrating part of it is it’s always in the middle of the night and I miss it. Of course, by the time I wake up and see it it’s gone. Does anybody else using this site run into this problem? If so, what do you do besides staying up all night looking for reservations? Funny that it’s always in the middle of the night that someone let something go.
I put my phone on my nightstand. I leave my computer running. When I hear the ding, I run to my computer. #winning

I'm a light sleeper. Might be harder if nothing wakes you up.

I see what you’re saying. I have alerts set up through email and text. Unfortunately I’m sleeping usually when they come through at 1 o’clock in the morning or something like that. Just seems very strange that they’re always in the middle of the night.
That is when no one is grabbing them and booking.

On tp, it says that you can search for 2 reservations at the same time. How do you enter the 2nd request? When I try to add another request, it seems to erase my original request. Am I missing a button or something?

On tp, it says that you can search for 2 reservations at the same time. How do you enter the 2nd request? When I try to add another request, it seems to erase my original request. Am I missing a button or something?
There is an 'add new request' button. I've used it before with no problem. Click on that. Put in your info, then make sure to click on the bright green icon on the right. Status should change to blue.

There is an 'add new request' button. I've used it before with no problem. Click on that. Put in your info, then make sure to click on the bright green icon on the right. Status should change to blue.
Thank you! I was using that button but maybe I wasn’t waiting for the status to change to blue... I just noticed the page 1-2 at the bottom so I can see I’m now searching for 2. Thank you so much!!

Busier times of the year are harder to get, like December. I have generally had good luck though. I have missed some in the middle of the night, because I turn off my phone when I sleep. Just keep trying. You still have plenty of time. December is more than a month away. More will become available as you get closer to the date.

Loved Reservation Finder today. Was looking for a hard to find ADR, trying to move it later without any luck. Put it is reservation Finder. Tonight got a text about an ADR available. Went online and was able to move to the later time.
I have had other texts that were gone by the time I went online.

I still think it's smart to search for yourself several times a day. I've had one success with Reservation Finder. When I decided to switch a couple days and ADRs around for the first week of December, I found the ADRs myself, the old fashioned way by stalking. Reservation Finder never alerted me. I was switching Oga's and BOG.

I think our last two Storybook ADR alerts popped up around 4am.
I am ready to pounce! I have Be Our Guest booked for Christmas Day. I hope to switch storybook. They do not take TiW and Christmas is a blackout date for TiW. Rather save BOG for when I can use TiW. Hopefully I can get it. I’m good with lunch or dinner. I’ll even consider Christmas Eve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter