Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

Thanks, sounds like we should be able to handle it even though it's just the two of us! He's responsible enough to meet me at a designated spot and knows my cell #, so that'll be good!

Still have the issue of getting the packet, anyone here want to be my new friend and grab his packet for me on Friday? :hug:

Thanks, sounds like we should be able to handle it even though it's just the two of us! He's responsible enough to meet me at a designated spot and knows my cell #, so that'll be good!

Still have the issue of getting the packet, anyone here want to be my new friend and grab his packet for me on Friday? :hug:

You should really call and find out if you need it before the race - we didn't for the standard races that were not timed....I don't think it's easy for anyone to get it for you with the new rules ..

You should really call and find out if you need it before the race - we didn't for the standard races that were not timed....I don't think it's easy for anyone to get it for you with the new rules ..

The rule doesn't included races that were already registering when the rule came out, like ToT, WDW Marathon weekend falls under the new rule but ToT doesn't.

I don't trust many people with my kids but I would trust a volunteer at a runDisney race to keep an eye on my kid while I went to the finish line. But then again, I have 4 kids so if I lose one I still have plenty left over. :thumbsup2 Kidding of course!

In all seriousness though. My wife hasn't wanted to take the kids to Disney because she thinks it is too much work. But, the kids want to go badly. So, I have been thinking when the divorce is final I will take them. It is a concern going to WDW with 4 kids by myself. But, if you set up a plan in case you are separated for some reason, and don't panic if it actually happens, everything will work out fine.

A single parent with 4 kids at Disney ... I can pretty much guarantee that you'll lose at least one during the trip. :) Someone will get off a ride and go a too far into the gift shop ... wander the wrong way around a food place ... the list goes on and on. You seem like you've got the right idea (how old are the kids? Maybe get disposable prepaid cell phones for the trip, just in case), so I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't remember a child (or parent) ever staying lost forever in Disney ... unless they *WANTED* to stay lost :rotfl:

Come on people. I know Summer is almost here and it's starting to warm up...
BWAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry - I'm just plain giddy after my insanely HOT run this morning! ;) Yeah, 85 and 98% humidity here in coastal FL - summer is ON. Ugh.

I'm actually in a low mileage period by design; gotta give the body a recovery period before ramping back up. I'm running 3-4 days a week, but topping out at around 7 miles on long runs. It'll be another couple months before I get back to double digit mileage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of shoe deals - Zappos has cut the prices on 2013 model Newtons. Got a pair of Distances for half-price!

Well Monday morning will be my 10k for proof of time. Looking forward to it since it'll also be my first 10k. Picked up my packet and this is my first race with getting a dri fit shirt.

Well Monday morning will be my 10k for proof of time. Looking forward to it since it'll also be my first 10k. Picked up my packet and this is my first race with getting a dri fit shirt.

Good luck! I hope you rock that 10K!

I don't trust many people with my kids but I would trust a volunteer at a runDisney race to keep an eye on my kid while I went to the finish line. But then again, I have 4 kids so if I lose one I still have plenty left over. :thumbsup2 Kidding of course!

In all seriousness though. My wife hasn't wanted to take the kids to Disney because she thinks it is too much work. But, the kids want to go badly. So, I have been thinking when the divorce is final I will take them. It is a concern going to WDW with 4 kids by myself. But, if you set up a plan in case you are separated for some reason, and don't panic if it actually happens, everything will work out fine.

I think taking 4 kids to disney is like anywhere else with a few extra gift shops for distractions. I would totally figure out a way to take 4 kids if they wanted to go! I think the hardest part will be juggling rides if not everyone is tall enough. I hope you take them!!!

BWAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry - I'm just plain giddy after my insanely HOT run this morning! ;) Yeah, 85 and 98% humidity here in coastal FL - summer is ON. Ugh.

I'm actually in a low mileage period by design; gotta give the body a recovery period before ramping back up. I'm running 3-4 days a week, but topping out at around 7 miles on long runs. It'll be another couple months before I get back to double digit mileage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of shoe deals - Zappos has cut the prices on 2013 model Newtons. Got a pair of Distances for half-price!

Sadly, I went two weeks without running and then ran two days in a row, but that was 5 days ago. It's so hard to stay motivated with no race in the near future and it starting to warm up. Plus, being outside in the yard until 830 at night covered in grass and dust doesn't help either.

I do have a race this upcoming weekend, 5K, but pretty sure I could run that in my sleep. Hopefully. I think I'll jump back on the bandwagon today, just in case.

Well I finished my 10k this morning, my time should be a tad better then 1:15:20, hoping for a sub 1:15:00 but overall happy I finished a 10k and quit smoking 3 weeks ago. So now I can focus on training and having fun at my first RunDisney Race.

Does anyone have a pic of the gear bags that RunDisney had at the Expo in Boston? My wife really wants a bag but I haven't really found much info. Besides Ebay are there any sites that sell RunDisney gear bags?

Well I finished my 10k this morning, my time should be a tad better then 1:15:20, hoping for a sub 1:15:00 but overall happy I finished a 10k and quit smoking 3 weeks ago. So now I can focus on training and having fun at my first RunDisney Race.

Good Job! Congrats on quitting smoking!

I think taking 4 kids to disney is like anywhere else with a few extra gift shops for distractions. I would totally figure out a way to take 4 kids if they wanted to go! I think the hardest part will be juggling rides if not everyone is tall enough. I hope you take them!!!

Oh, I will be taking them. It will just matter on when I come up with the money as I will most likely want to stay on the monorail to make life a little easier on myself. Plus, the baby is a few inches short of being able to ride most rides. If I wait a bit longer everyone will be able to go on all the major rides making the juggling of rides much easier, as that was a concern of mine.

Thank you, submitted my official time of 1:15:04, so hopefully it'll help me jump a corral or 2.

Congrats on finishing. Once again, congrats on quitting smoking again. Based on last year's corral placement you would probably jump up 4 to 5 corrals based on your time. Obviously each year can be different based on who is running and their proof of times submitted.

My 10K is this upcoming Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I had to take a few days off because I had a tooth pulled last week and I ran yesterday. It was tough after a few days off. I wasn't even supposed to run yesterday but I couldn't wait anymore. Going to try and get one more run in tomorrow and then just rest my legs for Sunday.

Do you have to pre-purchase the pins and necklaces, or can you just buy it at the Expo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter