• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

I know that this Expo is smaller than some others but can someone please tell me if there is a Dooney & Bourke TOT 10k themed bag available? If not, is there a non-specific D&B run Disney themed bag? I was hoping this could be my splurge item!

I know that this Expo is smaller than some others but can someone please tell me if there is a Dooney & Bourke TOT 10k themed bag available? If not, is there a non-specific D&B run Disney themed bag? I was hoping this could be my splurge item!

They haven't announced one yet and they usually don't have one... But... there are rumors that they may introduce new Haunted Mansion inspired bags around the time of TOT

I know this has been addressed previously in the thread, but I can't seem to find the right page so I am hoping someone can answer again.
I finally booked our package today through runDisney...first time at Wilderness Lodge :cool1: How have other people been able to link their tickets to My Disney Experience without having a confirmation specific to the tickets? Do I need to call back and rebook it room only and then the tickets separate? Now that we are less than 4 months out and have planned our summer vacation with the kids, I am anxious to get our October plans taken care of.
Happy running!

I know this has been addressed previously in the thread, but I can't seem to find the right page so I am hoping someone can answer again.
I finally booked our package today through runDisney...first time at Wilderness Lodge :cool1: How have other people been able to link their tickets to My Disney Experience without having a confirmation specific to the tickets? Do I need to call back and rebook it room only and then the tickets separate? Now that we are less than 4 months out and have planned our summer vacation with the kids, I am anxious to get our October plans taken care of.
Happy running!

I just went through this! I bought a room/ticket package from Run Disney. But, after contacting the Run Disney Mom on the Mom's Panel, I got word that I needed to call Run Disney and change the way it was booked. I called and said that I wanted to "separate my room reservation from my ticket reservation" and it took a few minutes, then I was done. I received my plastic tickets in the mail about a week later, then linked them myself by typing in the numbers into my MDE account online. It worked perfectly.
If you do this, you can book your FP plus reservations 60 days in advanced. Let me know if you have any questions about this -- I have been researching this for a while and finally figured it out:coffee: :cool1::)

I just went through this! I bought a room/ticket package from Run Disney. But, after contacting the Run Disney Mom on the Mom's Panel, I got word that I needed to call Run Disney and change the way it was booked. I called and said that I wanted to "separate my room reservation from my ticket reservation" and it took a few minutes, then I was done. I received my plastic tickets in the mail about a week later, then linked them myself by typing in the numbers into my MDE account online. It worked perfectly.
If you do this, you can book your FP plus reservations 60 days in advanced. Let me know if you have any questions about this -- I have been researching this for a while and finally figured it out:coffee: :cool1::)

Thanks for responding, I will give them a call this weekend! :)

I know the qualifying time is around 3:15ish. So that basically puts me running a half in 1:37 which I'm not sure if possible but even if, I don't know if I could keep that pace for double the distance. Then it would also require the committement. I can't see myself making the long training runs. If I run that far, I want to be crossing a finish line and grabbing a beer. Boston would be incredible, but we'll just have to see.

So we should commit to doing it together. While we have never met I know if someone was out there trying to qualify as well and we could potentially meet and run it together the same year would push me.

I was listening to that podcast I mentioned a few posts ago. There was a marathoner on and he has done 89 marathons (at the time of the recording). He said it took him 2 years to qualify for Boston. So, perhaps my goal of running the 2016 Boston Marathon is a bit unrealistic but having a goal that is hard is better than no goal at all.

I ran at 8:30 last night. :thumbsup2 Its been a busy week but I didn't want to miss another run so I went out in the dark. Running against the traffic is very helpful in avoiding the cars that can't see you in the dark. But, I am glad I did it.

I submitted proof of time but later realized that I left off the year (2013). Is there a way to resubmit proof? I don't really care when I start as I just want to finish.....but I guess it would be nice to not have to wait around :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for posting this! This is way easier than the email method. Plus I was able to see the previous anticipated finish and now the current one.:woohoo:

I do think it is important though to keep in mind that it noted this...

" Please note that if the your result cannot be found with the web link, the race distance you entered is incorrect, or the finish time you entered does not match your result, you may be placed in the last corral of runners."

Thank you!

Has anyone booked a value resort room with the discount? I'm going to be there only two nights and can book with an AP discount or the runDisney discount and I'm wondering which is cheaper. Thanks!

I am staying at the All-Star Sports. I did 3 nights and it is $328.60. It is $78.40 go Thursday night, $94.40 for Friday, and $118.00 for Saturday. This was through the regular special offer through the Disney website. This was cheaper than the runDisney offer. My guess is you could get a better deal with your AP but I don't know for sure. Either way I think the runDisney offer is the worst available. Hope that helps.

Just finished a run. 70 degrees, 93% humidity. That sounds about right for Orlando in October. :rotfl:

Just finished a run. 70 degrees, 93% humidity. That sounds about right for Orlando in October. :rotfl:

The humidity sounds about right but that 70 is a bit low,at least when compared to last years race temperature.I believe last year the daytime temperatures were in the upper 80's and the low was probably around 74-75 but that would be like at 4am.I think the ToT 10 miler started with highs of at least 80 degrees,probably around 83-84.I know it was a soak your shirt hot and humid race,I brought a total change of clothes that was needed even though I only rode ToT after the race,walked around a bit and left.

The humidity sounds about right but that 70 is a bit low,at least when compared to last years race temperature..

::yes:: Just looked it up at weathersource.com: we had a high of 90, low of 73, so race temp was easily high-70s.

Expect this race to be HOT and HUMID and you can't go wrong! :rotfl:

Exactly! Last year was about 80 (from looking back at my Garmin) and SO humid! It's hotter than that and humid here in NC for training- but I keep telling myself that at least the sun won't be beating down during the race!

All that talking about the weather and temperature around 10pm at night made me go out for an 8 mile run last night.Temperatures probably pretty similar to ToT last year,around 80 or so,humid but didn't feel as bad as ToT in October,finished in 1:22 and still ended up soaked in sweat,drank about 100oz of Gatorade and water afterwards.

I just did my run tonight. I began at 7:30 and it was 80' and 56% humidity. Temp is close to FL but I know the humidity is low. But, it is a sign that the warmer temps are on the way (finally). But, the humidity was enough that you could feel it in the air.

I have to say. I think I might have been crazy signing up for a marathon in October. Since my 10K I have been struggling on my runs. Am I really going to be able to do 20 extra miles in just 3 months?

Does anybody do interval training as part of their running? I heard about it on that podcast I mentioned. This particular guest on the show said anyone training for a long run should do at least 1 day of interval training. So, I did some more reading about it and it all pointed to this being good advice. So, I tried it. Man, did that workout tonight kick my butt.

Did 7 miles today, temp of around 85 and humidity probably somewhere around 60%-70% (based on averages for the day, forgot to look when I got back). It was brutal! I am glad that at least during ToT the sun won't be beating down on us though, I'm trying to tell myself that will help a little...I hope? Is there ever any breeze in FL in the evenings or just still humid air?

Did 7 miles today, temp of around 85 and humidity probably somewhere around 60%-70% (based on averages for the day, forgot to look when I got back). It was brutal! I am glad that at least during ToT the sun won't be beating down on us though, I'm trying to tell myself that will help a little...I hope? Is there ever any breeze in FL in the evenings or just still humid air?

first, way to go! That must have been brutal, but you did it!!! :cool1::cool1:

second, I don't remember there being a breeze at either ToT 10milers I did. Well, unless you count the hot air that flew off of the fire ball that they had shooting in the sky in (was it? :confused:) 2 spots along the course. That was a gust of air.... just a very HOT gust. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter