• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tower of Terror 10 Miler 2014

{Whew!} Just checked online now and it does work for the FP+ for 60 days out. Just made a FP+ for the Seven Dwarves Mine Car Ride for both Saturday before the race as well as on Sunday when my wife and I to a kamikazee day and try to hit our favorite rides at all 4 parks in one day plus Summit Plummit. We're checking in on 10/3 and staying until Monday 10/6. Wish it could be longer but oh well.

I think the confusion for me was since we bought our tickets through RunDisney.com, I imagined that the park tickets were only valid during the stay at the resort during the race, but apparently you can still use them anytime since they were letting me make FP+ reservations up to 30 days out like normal tickets.

Has anyone else tried to use those RunDisney specialty priced tickets way before or after the days of the RunDisney event? Do they still work? I was wondering about getting an extra set of tickets for my family who might come down for the race. In case they can't come down, I was wondering if I could just use them later on down the road.

{Whew!} Just checked online now and it does work for the FP+ for 60 days out. Just made a FP+ for the Seven Dwarves Mine Car Ride for both Saturday before the race as well as on Sunday when my wife and I to a kamikazee day and try to hit our favorite rides at all 4 parks in one day plus Summit Plummit. We're checking in on 10/3 and staying until Monday 10/6. Wish it could be longer but oh well.

Staying the same dates and just made all of our FP+ too. They will need some tweaking, but we have all the rides/shows we want...just need to tweak times and hopefully my daughter will figure out what they are doing about my grandson for the rides he can't ride and we'll edit those.

Just did a 10 miler,started at 10pm at night,2 months from the race and finished 4 minutes faster than my ToT time in 2013.It probably would only been 1 or 2 minutes faster as I almost started sprinting the last half mile or so as I noticed some sprinkles coming down.

Finally got all my fastpasses the way I want them. So the trip is ready, just need to get back to running. I'm up to 7 miles, but have been feeling like I needed to spend time with my son who will be going to preschool for the first time.

I think the confusion for me was since we bought our tickets through RunDisney.com, I imagined that the park tickets were only valid during the stay at the resort during the race, but apparently you can still use them anytime since they were letting me make FP+ reservations up to 30 days out like normal tickets.

Has anyone else tried to use those RunDisney specialty priced tickets way before or after the days of the RunDisney event? Do they still work? I was wondering about getting an extra set of tickets for my family who might come down for the race. In case they can't come down, I was wondering if I could just use them later on down the road.

Can I ask for a friend how you get the tickets purchased through Run Disney linked to be able to make FP+

Can I ask for a friend how you get the tickets purchased through Run Disney linked to be able to make FP+

You just need to call Run Disney and they will take care of it for you :) I have Run Disney tickets and they're linked and I have booked my FP plus reservations :)

My kids are running in the 1-mile kids race and I want to start motivating them to start training for it. They're 11 and 13 and they're active kids, but they don't run very much for time.

Does anyone know if there's a way to find out the winning time from years past? Or to find out the average finishing time? I want to give them an appropriate goal :)

If anyone has been to this event before, please let me know how it went! I assume that all of the kids who are running the 1-mile race start running at the same time? How many kids will there be running?

Thanks y'all!! :)

My kids are running in the 1-mile kids race and I want to start motivating them to start training for it. They're 11 and 13 and they're active kids, but they don't run very much for time. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out the winning time from years past? Or to find out the average finishing time? I want to give them an appropriate goal :) If anyone has been to this event before, please let me know how it went! I assume that all of the kids who are running the 1-mile race start running at the same time? How many kids will there be running? Thanks y'all!! :)

We have done the kids races before and this yet my 8 year old is moving up to the mile!!

All of the mile runners start at the same time. One thing I find stressful is the start and finish are not near each other so you have to have a strategy to get to the finish to see them!

Every kid gets a medal so I am not pushing times but I remember 8-15minutes being the range. I don't remember any 5 or 6 minute milers but there may have been some while I was busy getting a spot to watch my kids finish.

Kids races are a little hectic - I find that I need a lot of zen to handle the unorganized nature! Just not enough direction to people on what to expect and it's sometimes hard to hear the announcements. 2 years ago they also kept changing the order of the younger kid races which kept my husband and I on our toes! The mile started first 2 years ago when we were there last!

My DS hasn't been 'training' but does like to run. He will finish in the 8-15 range somewhere but it's really unclear what child will show up that day! The motivated one or the quiter!

He really lobbied hard to run the mile race vs the one for his age so we agreed but only time will tell if it was a good idea!!

My kids are running in the 1-mile kids race and I want to start motivating them to start training for it. They're 11 and 13 and they're active kids, but they don't run very much for time. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out the winning time from years past? Or to find out the average finishing time? I want to give them an appropriate goal :) If anyone has been to this event before, please let me know how it went! I assume that all of the kids who are running the 1-mile race start running at the same time? How many kids will there be running? Thanks y'all!! :)

I don't think they keep official times for that event but you can look at their age group for the 5Ks and get official times from there.

I found a link to all of the race results!

www.rundisney.com/results/tower-of-terror-10-miler/2013/

It looks like most of the kids are in the 9-14 minute range but it varies. It also doesn't seem like that many kids to me....

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!! 300 kids is probably a good amount....that's like an average elementary school all at once!!

Tomorrow night the kids have some activities at the town track and they always finish up by running the track - my 4 year old is rocking her one lap around, but my 7 year old is short on energy by 8pm after a full day of camp and 2 hours of field day type games that he only makes it around the track twice before he is ready to go home....next week we are going to practice when their is no field day and see what happens....

Can someone give some info on costumes? I've never ran the tot run and I really want to wear Anna costume but I feel compelled to wear a "villain" costume because of its theme! Should I stick to the theme or does everyone just wear a costume?? My husband is mr smee!!! Can't wait!

Can someone give some info on costumes? I've never ran the tot run and I really want to wear Anna costume but I feel compelled to wear a "villain" costume because of its theme! Should I stick to the theme or does everyone just wear a costume?? My husband is mr smee!!! Can't wait!

TOT costuming is soups to nuts: there are plenty of villains, but anything and everything else, too! You can get a pretty good feel for the spectrum in rD's TOT photo albums:
TOT race pics
TOT Costume portraits

Speaking of costumes, does anyone have a good website that sells a wide variety of colors of running shirts? I think I might want to do a Merida costume and I am pretty sure I can easily do it with the correct color running shirt (with some white sleeve thingies attached) and a matching color skirt or shorts.

Speaking of costumes, does anyone have a good website that sells a wide variety of colors of running shirts? I think I might want to do a Merida costume and I am pretty sure I can easily do it with the correct color running shirt (with some white sleeve thingies attached) and a matching color skirt or shorts.

Are you looking for short sleeve, or a tank top? What color are you looking for?

If you're also on the MyDisneyExperience.com site you can manually enter the barcode on the back of your tickets you've received (if you got them in the mail) and you can add them that way too.

Can you use Disney Visa rewards dollars at the Runner's Expo? This may have been asked already so I apologize if that is the case. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter