Toystoryduo’s Journal: Baby Steps are the Key... Celebrate Each Victory!

Good morning friends,

I am glad today is a new day!:banana: Here's hoping it's a much better one! ;)

Today's Plan:

* Homeschooling

* Babysitting

* Laundry and Clothes Switch (summer->fall/winter)

* Coffee with a friend

* Walk

One of the contractors we work with said that the check was mailed out yesterday which is very good news. The other contractor is still not responding which frustrates me a great deal.:mad: This is the contractor that my DH is supposed to do 6-8 jobs for in the upcoming weeks. He is definitely re-thinking his options on this as the contract has not been signed yet.:sad2:

I've been doing some Christmas shopping over the past few days....I'm about 50% done and have spent less than $100 so far. We have 32 people to buy for so it is definitely a challenge to stay on a budget.:scared1: It helped that CVS had their perfume and cologne on clearance at 90% off earlier this year. We got 7 gifts out of the way that way. We also got gifts for our mailman and garbage man at CVS as well...BOGO and purchased with Extra Care Bucks. On Friday, we went to the Bath and Body Works Outlet and bought 4 Wallflowers for $20. Yesterday, I went on eBay and found a Playstation game for $20 w/ free shipping, and 3 movies that my dad wants for his birthday/Christmas for less than $10.:banana: We are completely done buying for 13/32 people which means we still have 19 people to buy for. I'll be on the lookout in the days ahead.....

Well, that's about all from here. Hope everyone has a great day ahead!:grouphug:

Hi, Tracy. Wow, you are a whiz at getting nice things without spending tons of money for them - kudos to you!

I hear you on the stress eating thing - I am still battling that myself. Take it one day at a time and try to make the best choices you can. It seems that waiting for contractors to pay up is a frequent problem for you and your DH. I am sorry that is such an issue - I know the economy makes it more difficult for people to pay their bills, but it's not right to make someone wait for their money after they've already completed the work you agreed to pay them for doing! Since we battle our own financial woes at my house, I am totally sympathetic to how hard it must be for you to balance the budget when you aren't getting the income you are expecting! Here's hoping that situation is resolved quickly.

Hope you have a great day - take care!

Susan

Hi there Wish Sis,

I struggle with eating when I have stressful things I can't control too! I think we all do. Just keep telling yourself it will all be okay and stock up on healthy snacks you like, so when you do eat, you have some healthy options!

Still thinking about that knife and fork sandwich, Texas Toast and mashed potatoes, oh my!;) Maybe I'll google the nearest Bob Evans and start driving!:rotfl:

That is great news that your dd has a dresser. And you will be proud, I was at Pier One, looking over their clearance stuff and got two Christmas presents for $5 each! I just peeled off those clearance stickers, they'll never know right? But I thought of you and how well you do with all that and took a page from your book!

Hope today is a good one for you.

Funny, I had coffee with a friend on Tuesday too! I wish we could meet for coffee someday, maybe in WDW we will!

Thanks Susan and Amy. :hug:

The past couple of days have been okay. We did receive a check from one of the contractors yesterday. Thank you, Lord!:cool1: The other contractor is still dragging their feet on this. My DH has to work today so he can't do the follow-up on it which means that I have to. Ugh!:headache:

Today's Plan:

* Homeschooling

* Laundry

* Library

* E-mail contractor

That's about all from here...Have a great day!:grouphug:

Good luck with the contractor sweeties. Remember, they owe you money, they should be the ones uncomfortable, not you! Glad the other one paid at least. :hug:

And you will be proud, I was at Pier One, looking over their clearance stuff and got two Christmas presents for $5 each! I just peeled off those clearance stickers, they'll never know right? But I thought of you and how well you do with all that and took a page from your book!

Great job, Amy!!!!:thumbsup2

Funny, I had coffee with a friend on Tuesday too! I wish we could meet for coffee someday, maybe in WDW we will!

I hope we do get the chance to meet in person some day.:hug: What better place than WDW?!?!?!?!:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :yay: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Good luck with the contractor sweeties. Remember, they owe you money, they should be the ones uncomfortable, not you! Glad the other one paid at least. :hug:

Thanks Amy.:hug:

I am not a person that likes confrontation. It makes me very uncomfortable, even if I'm not involved. I just had to send what I felt like was a confrontational e-mail to the contractor. I wasn't rude. I just stated the facts and re-iterated that they are the ones who made the terms of the contract and now they are the ones who are not following those terms. Seriously, if they don't send me a tracking number today, I am handing it over to our attorney. The stress that has come with this situation is huge and is affecting other areas in my life. :guilty:

Happy Saturday!:cool1:

Today has been a pretty good day so far. I was able to sit down and think about goals for the next few months. Tomorrow, the rest of the family will sit down and do the same thing. Then, we'll try and come to a consensus as to what we can accomplish together.

I'm happy to say that I am over 50% done with my Christmas shopping.:santa: I'm holding off on some purchases just to see if we can get things a little cheaper closer to Thanksgiving. The girls asked if we could wrap gifts tonight since daddy is deejaying. I told them it's early, but I'd think about it!:goodvibes

This week I was able to cash out for a $20 Kohl's gift card and a $25 Disney gift card from Sunshine Rewards. I only have $0.25 in my account now.:sad: I'll keep plugging away at it. I don't think there will be enough time for me to order another Disney gift card (it takes a couple of weeks for them to arrive), but I should be able to earn enough $$ for some other gift cards that I can use as presents.:goodvibes Tomorrow, I am listing a few things on eBay....If those items sell, then I'll go through SR for some Christmas shopping and earn cashback as well!:thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's family meeting. I think that we've all been operating on different wavelengths lately. It will be nice to brainstorm ideas and have everyone get back on the same page of music so to speak.:dance3:

Have a great weekend everyone!:grouphug:

Hi Tracy - you have been a busy lady!!
I'm super impressed how great you've done with your xmas shopping!!
I need to shop with someone like you!

Hi Wish Sis, wow you are my shopping queen!:worship: So did you wrap gifts? I find it so much easier to wrap a bit at a time. And I got a HUGE roll of wrapping paper (two sided, nice and thick) at Sams on the weekend. I am determined to wrap when I get home from WDW.

Hope your family meeting went well. And I hope that contractor has paid you!

We will meet one of these days in WDW. We'll ride Spacehip Earth, walk around the World Showcase and have a few cocktails too! I really do believe that. :hug: :goodvibes

Sounds like a great plan to me, Amy!:hug:

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately....I have been under enormous amounts of stress lately which means that positive thinking has gone right out the window. :( I'm working on it though. ;)

We don't have much scheduled for the weekend....DD7 has a soccer game and I have a meeting at church. That's about it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!:grouphug:

Tracy, a low key weekend may be just what you need! I am sorry you have this stress to deal with sweetie, I wish I could do something to really help!:hug: Just hang in there and do the best you can. And have a very good weekend!

I'll try to check in while I am gone. :)

Hi, Tracy. Hope your stress has gone down to a manageable level and you are doing well. It is really hard to keep balance in our lives anymore - we are all running so hard and so fast just to keep everything going that it's easy to forget about ourselves. I hope you take some time for you and do your best to focus on the big picture instead of sweating the small stuff!

Take care and have a good week!

Susan

Thanks Amy and Susan. :hug:

The past few days have been filled with stress here. I am just trying to get through each day right now.:sad1: To top it all off, I feel like I am getting sick and TOM should be arriving any day now. Sheesh!:guilty:

I'll try and post more later on in the week.....

HI Tracy. Just wanted to stop by and say Hello :wave2:

I hope things become less stressful for you!!!

Stacie

Thanks Stacie.:hug:

Things are still stressful here....My head just isn't in a positive place right now. I am trying to remain positive about things, but we've been dealing with a lot the past couple of weeks and to be honest, I am just plain worn out. I know I need to get back on track and I will....It just may take some time to work through the stress and the negative stuff to get back to healthy living.

Prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated.:grouphug: Have a good weekend everyone!:goodvibes

Hang in there, Tracy! Stress is so NOT FUN!!! I'm praying!

Have a GREAT weekend! Glad for your DD! I'm hitting GSales tomorrow hoping to find dressers for mine!

Thanks Julie.:hug:

Good morning friends,

It's been an interesting few days here....

* Plans may be changing for our WDW trip....My MIL doesn't want to pay the final amount due on her credit card until everyone pays her for the house up front. I understand why she feels that way because she has paid for the house/condos before and has not gotten the money from everyone for it. However, the money was due on Saturday. I wish she would have told everyone that in advance. Now the payment is late and the owners may choose not to hold on to the reservation. I guess we'll wait and see what happens.....

* My DH received a copy of his grandma's will. He has to fax it to the attorney at some point today. At first read, it sounds like his cousins will get their father's half of the estate and 1/6 of my DH's father's half of the estate which doesn't make sense and isn't what grandma wanted. We'll wait and see what happens....

Today looks to be a busy day for us:

* Homeschooling

* babysitting

* Coffee with a friend

* SR

* Work for my DH

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but we woke up to snow this morning!:scared1: :cold: The forecasters are calling for a warm up before the weekend so it looks like it will be slightly warmer for trick or treat on Friday.

Well, that's about all from here. Hope everyone has a great day!:hug:

Hi Tracy - hope your feeling better :hug:
wow snow - we've had frost & thats bad enough!!
I hope the WDW trip gets sorted out quickly & you dont lose out!!
Have a Happy Halloween :)

SNOW????? BRRRRR!!!!!! But in a way, I wish I was there....I LOVE SNOW!!!!

Hang in there. Hope your stress gets a bit better. I'm still here & still praying, just not having time to post.

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter