Trading Pins from Ebay

I have a question relating to pin trading. I just purchased 10 pins online as a grab bag and two of them are part of a set of 6. Are these tradable or do you have to have the entire set? Specifically,
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=61410&sid=8294.1236798254.v3

Thanks,

You do not need to trade the entire set. Actually, when people trade pins of a set like these, and someone else is looking to complete theirs, it's very exciting for those finding their "completers." Trade away!!:thumbsup2

BTW, I live for everything Haunted Mansion and HM pins are rare and very desirable. I would LOVE this set! I hope the person who trades for them enjoys them!

If you could also send your issues directly to disney at tips_at_disneyanticpiracy.com, that is our best bet. I KNOW without a doubt Disney is working on this problem, but the more people that complain directly to them, is (IMHO) the best chance.

This Address didn't work for me. I used the proper symbol but had to change it to be able to post this.

Is it real?
Disney Tinkerbell Flip Cell Phone Spotlight Pin LE NEW
Item number: 170306409394
I Can't find it on
h ttp://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index
Thanks for your help

I am better at spotting fakes than almost anyone I know, including cast members trading them.
I will GLADLY, HAPPILY and CONTINUALLY list ebay sellers of fake pins ONLY when I am 100% positive that they are fake.
And YES, I CAN tell by a 2X2 picture EXACTLY which pins are fake and which are not (if I know the pins, most I do). And once you gain the experience of over 10 years of pin trading (2+ trips per year, trading every day of those 14 day trips) you too can gain the knowledge I share here. I don't know of any one person who is "The" Disney Pin expert or hired by Disney to be the "Pin Police", but I know much more than the casual (and even many serious) traders.

I gladly stand by everything I've posted on this thread and all others.

Is it real?
Disney Tinkerbell Flip Cell Phone Spotlight Pin LE NEW
Item number: 170306409394
I Can't find it on
h ttp://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index
Thanks for your help

I forgot to say this is a current eBay auction. I would have sent a private message, but haven't posted enough yet!

I have a question relating to pin trading. I just purchased 10 pins online as a grab bag and two of them are part of a set of 6. Are these tradable or do you have to have the entire set?
Thanks,
You do not need to trade the entire set. Actually, when people trade pins of a set like these, and someone else is looking to complete theirs, it's very exciting for those finding their "completers." Trade away!!:thumbsup2

BTW, I live for everything Haunted Mansion and HM pins are rare and very desirable. I would LOVE this set! I hope the person who trades for them enjoys them!

I read something somewhere about trading puzzle sets that you were supposed to trade the set as one pin?

I forgot to say this is a current eBay auction. I would have sent a private message, but haven't posted enough yet!

Yes the tinkerbell phone is real. Usually the fakes cannot get moving parts, at least so far!

And you can trade puzzle pieces individually, makes it more fun for those with other pieces!

THANKS! :thumbsup2

We bought some off ebay. Now that I have done some research, I am pretty certain that they are scrappers. I too just wanted some pins for my dd to trade with CMs. There are certain lanyard colors that only trade with children, but I can't recall right now.

If you go to the collectors board waaaay down at the bottom, there is a thread about pins. I am sure that someone could answer your question there.

It's green

I bought from Pinfinder, some of my pins were scrappers. He is sending me replacements, if they are bad I will attempt to return the whole lot for a refund. I bought a lot of 50 as they were on sale at the time. I also purchased from Shells7pak in the past, before I knew what scrappers were.....I didn't even know what I had were probably bad until they were all traded away in the parks. :( Now I'm much more careful with my trader pin purchases. I've always been happy with my purchases from mousepinsonine, altho they do send Pro Pins I've been happy with some of those and kept them for my own collection. :) I do think some of them are extremely pretty.

Now, do we have a thread that has "good" sellers......? I'd really like to know who has good pins for sale. :)

I bought from Pinfinder, some of my pins were scrappers. He is sending me replacements, if they are bad I will attempt to return the whole lot for a refund. I bought a lot of 50 as they were on sale at the time. I also purchased from Shells7pak in the past, before I knew what scrappers were.....I didn't even know what I had were probably bad until they were all traded away in the parks. :( Now I'm much more careful with my trader pin purchases. I've always been happy with my purchases from mousepinsonine, altho they do send Pro Pins I've been happy with some of those and kept them for my own collection. :) I do think some of them are extremely pretty.

Now, do we have a thread that has "good" sellers......? I'd really like to know who has good pins for sale. :)

There are good sellers listed on this thread I can't remember all of them, but I do remember dopeys__emporium (but check previous posts to be certain).

I saw Sleepy's Emporium. I do buy from her and have received some very nice pins. I didn't notice other names but I didn't read every post so I'll have to go back and reread. :) I just thought it might be helpful to have a sticky thread with a list of "good" sellers in this forum.

The ones from this thread so far, plus some that list at a reasonable price and thier pictures show the original pin cards.

sleepys_emporium

olivejuiceyou21

domdisneypin

iloveanimation0

magical_day_shoppe

massdisneyfreak

I just received some pins from ebay (wish I had read this thread first!!!)

This is one that I recieved (not the one actually pictured here, but same type). http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=61414&sid=7635.1237083383
BUT I can't tell from this pic.. it looks like the eyes and hair should be black, is that right? Or is it just the lighting? The one I have is silver.

I ordered two lots from this particular seller, and ended up with 2 of the maleficent crystal ball ones, so I'm sure that I did get fakes. I just wish I was able to tell 100%!

I just came across this thread after buying pins on ebay. I wished I had found this thread first. I wanted to buy some pins for my 3 year old son and 7 year old nephew to trade. I had no idea 'scrapper' pins even existed.

Now, I'm worried that the pins I bought in a lot are too good to be true.

Would any of you kind pin experts be able to tell from the auction pics if the pins are authentic or not? I don't have the pins in-hand yet. I expect them to arrive in the mail next week.

The ebay id is bibbidi_bobbidi_boo_colectibles (yes just one l in the word collectibles). The seller is offering pins for just 1.62 each. So, they are probably fake, right?

ETA: Auction id is 220365347609.

The ebay id is bibbidi_bobbidi_boo_colectibles (yes just one l in the word collectibles). The seller is offering pins for just 1.62 each. So, they are probably fake, right?

Yes they are probably fake.
Anybody selling pins only in a lot like that is, at best, questionable. Most of the good sellers seem to prefer to sell mostly individual pins. This is not certain, as you can't really tell what pins you will get from bibbidi bobbid's pictures.

I personally would not buy from this particular dealer for two reasons, no clear idea of what you will get, and :confused:their music is annoying:sick:

I found the music too annoying to view the auction more closely too. :lmao: Like the song. Hate the way it's done there.

I agree lots use to be a great thing to buy. However I would be very suspect any more. More so when it is a lot that includes repeat pins.
I could see a lot of all different pins and you know specifically which ones you are buying. But just take a photo of a pile of pins, all which probably have scrapper warnings on Pinpics.

Again, you get what you pay for. Most traders in the parks are not going to know what is a scrapper or not. When I go to the parks I trade pins, and not that many. But I bet every time I come home I have at least one scrapper. I have found that more so when in DTD and MK.

Sometimes you cannot tell the difference between a scrapper and the real thing. Sometimes it is obvious once you have a chance to look the pin over.

Amy162 -- silver is correct.
Quite often when scanning pins silver turns out black in the photos.

I just came across this thread after buying pins on ebay. I wished I had found this thread first. I wanted to buy some pins for my 3 year old son and 7 year old nephew to trade. I had no idea 'scrapper' pins even existed.

Now, I'm worried that the pins I bought in a lot are too good to be true.

Would any of you kind pin experts be able to tell from the auction pics if the pins are authentic or not? I don't have the pins in-hand yet. I expect them to arrive in the mail next week.

OK, strictly based on the annoying music alone I would not buy from her!:lmao:
Seriously though, I did look at the auction and all others she is listing and you can be sure they are fake. Although the picture she shows on ALL listings (HUGE red flag) is small and hard to see, the ones I could make out were not fake. Until you get the lot and see what you get, you can't be sure. But if you were to ask me my "professional" opinion prior to getting them, my thought would be yes, they are fakes. And mostly for the main reasons posted on this thread as well as pinpics, etc. Large lots of pins, non-descript and cheap = fake.
Once you receive them, let us know what you got and we will be able to tell you for sure. I'm SO SORRY people who didn't know about scrappers are finding out the hard way.
There used to be a day (not too long ago actually-maybe a little over a year is all) that you could trade pins without a care in the world and that is how it is MEANT to be. I will do my part to bring that day back, and it sounds like there are many (from the posts on this thread alone) just like me.
That said, if you buy your pins from Disney and educate yourself (like this thread) pin trading can be extremely enjoyable.

I just don't see how some people can knowingly buy fake pins and justify trading them knowing the harm it does to everyone and pin trading in general. I KNOW it is NOT cheap to pin trade (the right and intended way) and I KNOW kids likely don't care what they have to trade or what they get (they just like the act of the trade) I get all that. So you turn a blind eye, or claim "I didn't know" or my kids don't care and go on with your trip without a care. I DO NOT get that. I consider myself a person of high morals and esteem and teach my children by example. What would I be telling my kids by buying fake pins and trading them to others looking for the same joy? Simple, I wouldn't. What I am teaching my kids is that doing the right thing is NOT easy, it takes time, effort and diligence. Maybe one day, when fakes are not traded I can look at them and say, "look what I helped do" and that is worth a heck of a lot more than $2 a pin.

At the end of the day, you are in Walt's Kingdom and dream and how many people really ask themselves.."What would Walt do"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter