Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

Do you still have to wear masks on the buses to the parks right now? I know that they’ve gotten rid of the mask rules in the parks but not sure about buses. Leaving on Thursday this week.

Is there a way to book the Universal airport shuttle with a room only reservation? I won’t use rideshares while traveling alone, and a private car service is just ridiculous for a solo traveler who doesn’t need any of the added benefits (like a grocery stop or whatever)

Dh and I used Tony Hinds car service earlier this month for our first ever UOR trip. We got Bob for our trip to RPR, made a grocery stop, it went well. Neil was our driver for the return trip. We had a split stay and needed to be picked up from CBBR, which was in my reservation form, and also in my text to Tony that morning, but he sent Neil to RPR. No big deal, took just a couple minutes for him to get there once we figured out the issue.

I get the feeling Tony's service has been very busy lately. We asked Neil if he had done many pick ups that day (it was 3 PM) and we were his only one. He wasn't planning to work that day, but Tony had to call him in. He said Tony had his most pick ups ever on June 4 (the first day of the Orlando Informer meet up)--26!

We plan to book him again for our October trip.

Dh and I used Tony Hinds car service earlier this month for our first ever UOR trip. We got Bob for our trip to RPR, made a grocery stop, it went well. Neil was our driver for the return trip. We had a split stay and needed to be picked up from CBBR, which was in my reservation form, and also in my text to Tony that morning, but he sent Neil to RPR. No big deal, took just a couple minutes for him to get there once we figured out the issue.

I get the feeling Tony's service has been very busy lately. We asked Neil if he had done many pick ups that day (it was 3 PM) and we were his only one. He wasn't planning to work that day, but Tony had to call him in. He said Tony had his most pick ups ever on June 4 (the first day of the Orlando Informer meet up)--26!

we had Bob for both of our rides to and from RPR. We liked him. He was very knowledgeable about a lot of stuff and told us about some of the things we were driving past.

Just wanted to chime in and say we used Orlando Luxury Transportation for our airport transfers last week. We used a Limo to pick us up as a surprise to our kids. It was expensive at $219 (Not including tip) but we used credit card points to pay for our hotel and tickets, so we splurged here since it was for my son's 13th birthday. Excellent service. Our driver met us at luggage claim with a ipad/tablet with our name on it, and was super professional and friendly. And the car was so cool! It was a Lincoln and very fancy. Definitely exceeded my expectations and my kids thought it was awesome!
For the trip home, we also used them but got a suburban which was still more costly than some options at $91 (not including tip). But again had immaculate service and the car was in perfect condition. Would absolutely recommend them. They kept in constant contact, texting me when the driver was on his way and when he arrived.

My beautiful friend macraven told me about Tony a few years ago and so far we have used his service twice once for UO and once for the Swan at WDW. 2 years ago at the Swan with 2 days left on our trip we received a phone call in the morning that my wife's mom wasn't doing very well and that we should get home. We quickly changed our flights and then I called Tony with our emergency. He was able to contact a gentleman that he sometimes uses and the man (who's name escapes me) picked us up and got us to the airport in time. Thank god because my MIL passed away 2 days later and thanks to Tony (& mac) we were at her side.

We are booked for UO 8/9-8/20 and Tony has been booked already for that trip a month from now.

Love you Mac!!!

Hey, all! If my plane is landing at 11:15 at MCO, what's my best way to get to Cabana Bay as a single traveler? Will the shuttles still be running around that time? Is it cheaper to do an Uber/Lyft? Just curious. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, all! If my plane is landing at 11:15 at MCO, what's my best way to get to Cabana Bay as a single traveler? Will the shuttles still be running around that time? Is it cheaper to do an Uber/Lyft? Just curious. Any help would be appreciated.

I’ve never used the shuttle, but Uber or Lyft is a reasonably cheap option. We’ve used Uber or Lyft multiple times.

I'm assuming you mean 11:15 PM. I'm sorry I don't know if shuttles are still running (I would think yes, but not sure) but the shuttle does not get a lot of good reviews. I would probably just get an Uber or Lyft. I think price would be comparable. Also I think sometimes you may have to wait on the shuttle a while for it to leave as they want to fill it as much as possible and at a later time, that may take longer. I do realize that you have to have a reservation for the shuttle, it's not just random people coming and filling it up, but I just mean fewer flights come in later at night, so they may have a couple people from your flight, a couple people from a 11:30 flight, and a few from a midnight flight that all are booked onto the same shuttle. Hopefully that makes sense.

Neil is Tony’s son and just as a mannered as Tony
Bob is a driver for Tony and very well versed

two years ago i left a bag in his car
Bob called me and brought it to the hotel where I stayed
Nice man!

he said if he were on vacation he would appreciate the complimentary service for back track and making sure thr client had there bag as soon as it was discover, the fare left it in the car

It’s a good company to use

honest people are hard to come by

I'd love to use Tony for our upcoming trip. I tried Googling and mostly just got reviews :) How do I get ahold of him? Does he have a website?

I’m not home at the moment but can send you his phone number and email address later

believe I do have that info in one of the threads ...

Neil is Tony’s son and just as a mannered as Tony
Bob is a driver for Tony and very well versed

two years ago i left a bag in his car
Bob called me and brought it to the hotel where I stayed
Nice man!

he said if he were on vacation he would appreciate the complimentary service for back track and making sure thr client had there bag as soon as it was discover, the fare left it in the car

It’s a good company to use

honest people are hard to come by
Thank you! I came here to see if Tony was still in business and SO glad he is. I am an old time poster but have been gone for awhile and couldn't remember my password (Goofy!.) I came here to message you to see if Tony was still in business because I cannot imagine using any other company.

I have a similar story. 3 years ago one of Tony's associates picked us up at the airport and took us to the port for a cruise. I can't remember his name, but I left my med bag in his van. To top it off, it was medicine that needed an ice pack, so had to get into the fridge rather quickly. He got back to Orlando, saw the bag, knew we needed it because we were leaving on a cruise the next day, and turned around and hustled right back to the port. Talk about service!

We have a cruise planned for next summer and I was really feeling bummed that I couldn't find much on Tony and was wondering if he had retired. So thank you again, you made my day! Hopefully he doesn't retire between now and next summer!

We use a Towncar service..$105 RT and it includes a grocery stop ..
Since Disney is getting rid of their free bus, I would totally
We used a local service company also for $90 round trip with grocery stop. I remember taking one of those Universal surveys quite a while back and there were several questions about if Universal provided transportation like Disney. I guess they decided to not do it.
Do a car service. With them picking you up at baggage claim, and a grocery stop it is totally worth it

Tony won’t retire anytime soon
He is good for more years to come

Tell Tony Mac says hey...

He was our transportation in May, and I just confirmed with him for our September trip.

Mac, thank you for sharing his information with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter