Traveling as a Single Parent with Your BF/GF and Your kids?

Mika02

Disney is in my blood
So some background I've been single for nearly 2 years now (will be divorced in a month) and dating for a Year. I don't have much experience dating really my ex and I been together since high school ended so 20 years together and 10 years married.

I was wonder how do people handle traveling with long term boyfriends or girlfriends and your kids. Especially to some where as big as Disney. Do you keep them separate until you guys are living together or married? Or does it depends on the number of years dating If so how many? Separate rooms or everyone in the same room.

Thanks

Separate rooms or everyone in the same room.
If your children have been involved in you and your BF/GF relationship then going away on vacation shouldn't be any big issue. Your questions should be -- do your kids like this person, have they spent enough time with them? Has this BF/GF spent enough time with the kids? Is this really a long term committed relationship? Has this person stayed the night at your home? It might be a little weird for all sides to go from only spending a few hours here and there to spending 24/7 with someone.

If this is a solid relationship and your kids and BF/GF have spent a considerable amount of time together then going on a vacation should not be an issue. I believe some where a little over a year of dating my BF and kids went away on a beach vacation (5 days) we were all in the same room so BF and I in one bed and kids in the other. No issues as we had already been spending quite a bit of time together and frankly my kids had more fun with my BF than me.

You might want to plan a little weekend trip away so that you can see how all the personalities fit together before planning a trip to disney. Maybe a weekend at a hotel w/ a water park. If there is any uneasiness on either side then possibly Disney is not for this partner or just not at this time.

Depending on how old your kids are -- can you have a conversation at their level asking what they think of this individual and could they go on vacation with them.

If you go, I recommend a family suite. Separate bedroom for you and BF, but all in the same hotel room.

Vacations can break relationships, so think carefully about bringing a BF. I'd just take the kids, personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter