Trevor's Star Wars Make A Wish trip

I didn't realize that every park was a water park!! Crazy weather and more crazy weather to come! I was expecting some rain each day just not torential down pours lasting most of the day with some muggy dry weather in between! I have never seen so much rain in such a short period of time! Looks like it is going to get wetter. Please pray they do not cancel any of trevs events on Friday!! Looks like 4-8" rain in the next 48 hours with possible tornados! I can't wait to get home and neither can the kids... After a dry day on Friday ofcourse!

Jackie

Honest, I promise this is highly unusual. Not the typical Florida summer weather.

You guys need a do-over. It's been so soggy for you.

I didn't realize that every park was a water park!! Crazy weather and more crazy weather to come! I was expecting some rain each day just not torential down pours lasting most of the day with some muggy dry weather in between! I have never seen so much rain in such a short period of time! Looks like it is going to get wetter. Please pray they do not cancel any of trevs events on Friday!! Looks like 4-8" rain in the next 48 hours with possible tornados! I can't wait to get home and neither can the kids... After a dry day on Friday ofcourse!

Jackie

Oh no .. I'm so sorry it's raining so much !! We had this happen to us one October and it was such a bummer. :sad:
I hope the weather changes for you ! :thumbsup2

Not likely... It has a name now! Tropical storm Andrea!!!! And I thought I was going to the sunshine state!!

Tomorrow will for sure be an inside day as 2-4" inches tomorrow. Who knows how much we have already had!

Poor kiddos are ready to go home. They want to come back when it is sunny.... How do I tell them this is a one time shot.

Hopefully we will have things to do at GKTW while we ride out the storm.

I don't want to seem ungrateful. It is just a letdown and we are thankful for this experience!

Jackie

Not likely... It has a name now! Tropical storm Andrea!!!! And I thought I was going to the sunshine state!!

Tomorrow will for sure be an inside day as 2-4" inches tomorrow. Who knows how much we have already had!

Poor kiddos are ready to go home. They want to come back when it is sunny.... How do I tell them this is a one time shot.

Hopefully we will have things to do at GKTW while we ride out the storm.

I don't want to seem ungrateful. It is just a letdown and we are thankful for this experience!

Jackie

My heart is broken for you guys. :sad2:

I know you are grateful for this experience, but of course it's a disappointment to have such terrible weather !! I know sure would be. :mad:

Jackie

first thought this morning seeing all the yucky weather was you all! sorry its been so wet, FL rain is so different from our WA rain....sending lots of :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes and pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: that Friday will be great weather and that despite the rain you are having a fun time!

Adding more :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes and pixiedust: for the rest of your trip. I'm so sorry that the weather isn't cooperating.

Judy

Trying to make the best of it. Went to the store last night and bought toys for the kids. They are happily playing with those and Trev his DS. It has been raining hard all morning. It is finally slowing down! Tornado watch until this evening. Praying for nice weather tomorrow during trevs Star Wars wish day. Had a great but brief visit with Michelle and family! The kids hit it off right away! We are going to try Universal although the rain and wind have picked up again!

Jackie

Trying to make the best of it. Went to the store last night and bought toys for the kids. They are happily playing with those and Trev his DS. It has been raining hard all morning. It is finally slowing down! Tornado watch until this evening. Praying for nice weather tomorrow during trevs Star Wars wish day. Had a great but brief visit with Michelle and family! The kids hit it off right away! We are going to try Universal although the rain and wind have picked up again!

Jackie
I'm sure they'll have a back up plan for SWW.

As the rain continues, touring WILL be different for SWW since the majority of the M&G are outside, including the celebrities. DS and I got to witness a special Wish meet last weekend. Jedi Mickey and R-4 met with a family near GMR. It made me smile because the kiddo was positively beaming from ear to ear!

Disney has lots to do in the rain. Tell the kiddos to hang in there. I can vouch that the rain sure beats 105*. That was the "real feel" on Sunday when we tried to leave the first time.

Sorry they're bummed out. Keep those chins up!

Jackie

It was so nice to meet you and your family, and dad! I'm so sorry it was brief. JJ just loved Trev and the girls.

Now that we're back home, it's stopped raining. And for a minute or two about an hour ago I saw the sun.

I hope you enjoy IOA and get some relief from the rain. Enjoy the HP stuff.

Looking forward to seeing you all at SWW tomorrow.

We came in early Sunday morning and I loved the heat!! I think if the kids were older they might have handled the rain better.

Finally all caught up. :) Love all of the pictures :lovestruc

Yay that Allie doesn't need surgery :cheer2: Praying for Kara's later this summer.

So nice that you got to meet Lisa. :)

So happy that the reveal party was fantastic. :lovestruc

Yay for more Pixie Dust :cheer2: The shirts, pins, cards, and other goodies were all wonderful. :)

Be sure to bring something to trade to the jawas! They'll accept almost anything. JJ traded doubles of his Star Wars cards and doubles of Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. In return he got a bandaid, a toy, and 2 fast passes for ST.

How fun :)

The sun is SHINING!! It is a beautiful morning. Only 30% chance of rain today. High of 90 degrees, yikes on that because the high will be during Trevor's JTA. But thank God for the prayers and pixie dust! It's going to be a great day weather-wise!!

The sun is SHINING!! It is a beautiful morning. Only 30% chance of rain today. High of 90 degrees, yikes on that because the high will be during Trevor's JTA. But thank God for the prayers and pixie dust! It's going to be a great day weather-wise!!

That's great news! I hope the Star Wars wish day redeems all the bummer days you've had this week. I'm so happy to hear it cleared up for the big event!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yay for sun today!!! I know a couple people said they would be at HS today. Trev will be a Jedi at 5 today!

Jackie

so happy the storm has blown through and you are going to have a sunny day....once again pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: has brought the magic!

have an AWESOME day pixiedust:

Yay for sun today!!! I know a couple people said they would be at HS today. Trev will be a Jedi at 5 today!

Jackie

We have your rain now, and I don't mind a bit if it means great weather for Trevor's SWW day :) We could use the water, there was a brush fire on the highway Tuesday night. OTOH, they are currently predicting we'll get the average monthly rainfall for the entire month of June in the next two days! 8-o

Jackie

:( We were there last summer when TS Deb was upon us for days. It was just awful. Hoping you have some lull in the rain and can enjoy some of the park.pixiedust:

Finally a sunny day!! Just in time for Trevs wish day yesterday! Flying home tonight and back to reality. I will do a TR soon. Trev is excited to only have 4 days of school left when we get back home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter