Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

We got the CL FPs when we went in November and I just booked them yesterday (90 days out) for our trip in April.

How does this sound? (I can still move things around)...

We’re doing VAH after we arrive on Friday night so starting late on Saturday.

Sat
11 Navi reg
12 FoP CL
1 Everest reg
1:30 yak/yeti lunch
2:45 Safari reg
5:15 Test Track CL
6:15 Soarin CL
(Play/eat at Epcot or go back to Poly for fireworks/lounge)

Sun (HS BG day! Not sure what time that will be so hoping we can work with these times!)
9 TSM reg
10 SDD reg
11 ST reg
11:30 Sci Fi lunch
1 MFSR CL
2 RnR CL
3 ToT CL
(Hoping to try the new Space restaurant at Epcot for dinner)

Monday (my daughters bday!)
8:40 Ohana bday breakfast
11 Jungle reg
12 Splash reg
1 Thunder reg
2 PP CL
2:30 Castle bday lunch
3:45 7Ds CL
4:45 Space CL
6pm call Uber from Poly - fly home :(

Thoughts?

It's been in a "trial period" for over a year. I think it's here to stay. In fact, I would be surprised if access to paid fast pass didn't increase over time...

thanks, that’s what I figured...

can someone clarify when the 90 days is from? Is it 90 days from the checkout date? Or 90 days from the last of the days I want to use the CLFP for? We are leaving on a Wednesday and the last day we would want to pay for it would be Tuesday.
Thanks!

It’s 90 days from your checkout date.
This is correct. But as long as you make the CLFPs 75+ days out from the trip, you won't have any issue getting what you want when you want. I'm just saying there's no rush to make the CLFPs on the first day you can in most situations.

@DisneyRobin I think your plan looks great. It looks similar to what I plan to do. I am also hoping to get a reservation for the new Space restaurant. And I am hoping that Mickey's Runaway Railroad will get added to FP very soon so we can book that too on one of our HS days.

Robin:

When are you going in April? We're staying at an executive suite at the Swan April 13-18 and my FPs look similar. I have all reg FPs early except my HS day. I picked my CL based on rides I know I want to ride and at times I know I will be in the park. No interest in trying to call DSS in the middle of my stay. My 60 day window opens in another few weeks and I'm sure a month from now my regular FPs will look completely different! 8-)

@DisneyRobin I think your plan looks great. It looks similar to what I plan to do. I am also hoping to get a reservation for the new Space restaurant. And I am hoping that Mickey's Runaway Railroad will get added to FP very soon so we can book that too on one of our HS days.

Agree with MMRR and Space restaurant. I'm watching those threads.

Robin:

When are you going in April? We're staying at an executive suite at the Swan April 13-18 and my FPs look similar. I have all reg FPs early except my HS day. I picked my CL based on rides I know I want to ride and at times I know I will be in the park. No interest in trying to call DSS in the middle of my stay. My 60 day window opens in another few weeks and I'm sure a month from now my regular FPs will look completely different! 8-)
We are going on apr 24th -27th to celebrate my daughters 16th bday. I wish we didn’t have to call to rearrange to CL FPs but so glad we have the opportunity to get them. It makes everything so much easier.

Have a great trip!!

I am also hoping the MMRR comes out with FPs before our trip! Also, keeping an eye out for changes to the hours on our HS day and will move the FPs earlier when that happens. Right now, they have HS opening at 9am with 8am emh. I think they’ll prob open at 7 or 8am and move the emh to the night as they’ve been doing... gotta stay on top of all this stuff!!:)

Have a great trip!!

I have a question about split stays.

If I do a club level stay followed immediately by non club level, will I be able to make fastpasses for the second leg 60 days out from the start of the first leg?

Hi! Just wondering is there tax charged for the club level fast passes? Or is it $50 a day per person on the dot? Thanks!

I was about to say tax in included. But I just checked the CL extra FP FAQ page (which I wrote!) and it says plus tax. So, I’m going to go with I knew what I was talking about when I wrote it and that it is plus tax. :-)

Hey there all -- I have a question about when some people in a group are buying the CLFP+ and some aren't. My group is all staying in the same grand villa but one person is only visiting the parks for 2 days and thus can't buy the upgraded CLFP+

When I call to buy and book CLFP+ ~90 days out, will I also be able to book the regular 3 FP+ for the last person in my group who didn't purchase the CLFP+? My intuition says 'No' but I'm hoping I'm wrong. In that situation, the last member's regular FP+ would be completely misaligned with everyone else's when they are finally able to book 60 days out.

Is there any way to align the last person's 3 regular FP+ with the rest of the groups 3 regular FP+?

Hey there all -- I have a question about when some people in a group are buying the CLFP+ and some aren't. My group is all staying in the same grand villa but one person is only visiting the parks for 2 days and thus can't buy the upgraded CLFP+

When I call to buy and book CLFP+ ~90 days out, will I also be able to book the regular 3 FP+ for the last person in my group who didn't purchase the CLFP+? My intuition says 'No' but I'm hoping I'm wrong. In that situation, the last member's regular FP+ would be completely misaligned with everyone else's when they are finally able to book 60 days out.

Is there any way to align the last person's 3 regular FP+ with the rest of the groups 3 regular FP+?

Unfortunately you have two FP booking dates give the circumstances you describe. You’ll have to do your best at 60 days from check in to book the non-CLFP guest with times matching or closely overlapping the ones you already booked. Not an insurmountable task, but not a layup either.

It’s worth talking through your situation with DSS when you book, but I suspect the above will be the response.

Sorry for the bad news.

Unfortunately you have two FP booking dates give the circumstances you describe. You’ll have to do your best at 60 days from check in to book the non-CLFP guest with times matching or closely overlapping the ones you already booked. Not an insurmountable task, but not a layup either.

It’s worth talking through your situation with DSS when you book, but I suspect the above will be the response.

Sorry for the bad news.

Oh well, I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation.

Morning. Just wanted to throw a tip out there for when you are booking CL FP's. If you are at all interested in moving around your regular fast passes when your regular onsite window opens up (i.e. you really don't want that Figment fast pass but rather have Test Tract 8-)), book your fast passes on an off hour time.

At 90 days, you really have your way with FP times . However, everyone starts on the hour (e.g. 9,10,11,12, 1, etc...), so when your 60+ window opens, it's tough to move those FP about.

For example, my window opened yesterday, and I wanted to switch my regular Navi for FoP. Navi was at 11AM, and there was no 11AM FoP. However, there were a ton of FoP availability at 10:50, 10:55, 11:10, etc. In order to do this, I had to switch around my whole schedule.

Either start regular fast passes at an off time, or don't book any regular fast passes around the time you are interested. For example, if your eventually want a RnR fast pass at 11AM, don't book anything at all from 1030-1230, and you'll have more flexibility.

This may already be intuitively obvious, but wanted to post in case someone is coming up on their 90 day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter