Trip of Firsts :-)

ooh how'd your fastpass day go? get everything you want? ...

That's still a work in progress. Since I'll be offsite, I have to do them one day at a time. Mixed results so far:
Arrival day (Saturday the 9th) I'll first be going to a baseball game in Lakeland, then check in hotel,etc., so I took evening at Epcot: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space and Frozen. (Test Track is my favorite at Epcot, but I don't bother with FP's...I just do the single rider line). Sunday the 10th at MK (Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear and Big Thunder) morning to early PM (couldn't get 7DMT, may consider standby if not too bad). Monday the 11th took evening at HS since I'll be going to a baseball game at WWoS (Star Tours, Toy Story Mania and Fantasmic). Had planned on going to AK in the morning of Tuesday the 12th, but I was shocked when, after a couple refreshes, Flight of Passage came up for 7:40 PM, so I took it and have afternoon for Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safari. Not quite sure how I'll work that day, but its a nice problem to have. Back at Epcot Wed. the 13th: Living with the Land, Soarin, Spaceship Earth all in the morning. Still have two more days to go: MK for the 14th, EP for the 15th (getaway late afternoon). Pleased with them overall, so far...may still tweak some. Plus, since I have an AP, I can hop around, and often will.

...apparently for the airline stuff, all i have right now is an "e-ticket" or something, and i won't get access to the boarding pass and everything until 24 hours before my trip.

That sounds correct...What airline are you flying in on?

...F&G is gonna be awesome!! have you done it before? i'm so excited to check it out, it's the festival i have most wanted to go to!...

Yes, I tend to do a solo trip about this time most years. I like to get to a couple spring training baseball games, which turns more into an excuse to go to Disney. Coming from the northeast...everything this time of year is grey and brown. You walk into Epcot and the blast of color is just stunning. I'm not really a "flower and garden" person myself (cutting the grass is about as green my thumb gets), but its such a nice change from winter. While there aren't as many food booths around World Showcase as there are for Food and Wine, I enjoy making a meal or two out of sampling a few. If you've been to one of the other festivals, they have a similar passport book with listings of all the foods and drinks at the various countries.

...i decided i'm going to get an annual pass when i go! since i have another trip in august and i'd like to take another one within the next year, it just makes sense :D ...

Congrats on the AP! The timing on this trip has to do with my AP. I went about this time last year (I think March 20-26) and started an AP then. Went back for 5 days in August with DW, then 4 days in December with DW/DD/DS (had never been near Christmas before) and getting this trip in before it expires. I won't be renewing it, but will probably start a new one in March 2020 or possibly earlier, if we go (no plans yet). I'll have over 20 park days with this one...since I've been offsite for all of them, the $20+ a day saved for parking really defers the cost of the AP.

If you're going to definitely do the AP, do the upgrade as soon as you can. Its going to revert back to your first park day no matter when you do it, plus you'll get discounts on merchandise, some dining, etc. Most park gift shops will give you a discount with the AP...always ask. Not sure with the outdoor kiosk locations, but always ask. Same with table service dining...most will give you a discount with AP, some do not. (La Hacienda is one that does not). There may be a few counter service that do, but most don't...Flame Tree might be one that does, but don't quote me on that. You could also have your TA check if there's a room discount for AP on your Pop Century...at this late date, probably not, but it doesn't hurt to check. Its okay for you not to be possessing it yet for that. Remember little things like: if you're buying a bottle of water/soda, try to get it in a gift shop rather than an outside cart: you'll get the AP discount. Every little bit helps...

Congrats on the AP! The timing on this trip has to do with my AP. I went about this time last year (I think March 20-26) and started an AP then. Went back for 5 days in August with DW, then 4 days in December with DW/DD/DS (had never been near Christmas before) and getting this trip in before it expires. I won't be renewing it, but will probably start a new one in March 2020 or possibly earlier, if we go (no plans yet). I'll have over 20 park days with this one...since I've been offsite for all of them, the $20+ a day saved for parking really defers the cost of the AP.

If you're going to definitely do the AP, do the upgrade as soon as you can. Its going to revert back to your first park day no matter when you do it, plus you'll get discounts on merchandise, some dining, etc. Most park gift shops will give you a discount with the AP...always ask. Not sure with the outdoor kiosk locations, but always ask. Same with table service dining...most will give you a discount with AP, some do not. (La Hacienda is one that does not). There may be a few counter service that do, but most don't...Flame Tree might be one that does, but don't quote me on that. You could also have your TA check if there's a room discount for AP on your Pop Century...at this late date, probably not, but it doesn't hurt to check. Its okay for you not to be possessing it yet for that. Remember little things like: if you're buying a bottle of water/soda, try to get it in a gift shop rather than an outside cart: you'll get the AP discount. Every little bit helps...

i cannot figure out how to multi-quote for the life of my so i'm just going to reply here LOL! congrats on the FoP fastpass!! that's awesome! the only time i've gotten to ride that was when somehow four fastpasses opened up the day of and my family and i got to ride it!

i'm flying united. i'm starting to kick myself buying the tickets so early though bc they were really expensive and i would've rather flown jet blue.

i'm not really a gardner either, but F&G looks sooo beautiful!! i'm so excited to try violet lemonade, i always hear about it! have you tried it? anything you recommend eating/drinking?

i'm going to upgrade when i get there! my TA doesn't sell them and idk how to do it online while getting money back for the tickets i've already bought. and oooh good idea with the water and soda! i tend to get the free cups of water from the QS, but it's like after one sip the cup is empty lol. i know for the march trip its too late for a room discount, plus i don't have the AP yet, but hopefully there'll be discounts when i go in august!

i cannot figure out how to multi-quote for the life of my so i'm just going to reply here LOL! ..

Multi quote works best when you're quoting different people. If going against the same, I just copy and paste it and cut out parts. Just remember to leave in that / quote block at the end.

...i'm flying united. i'm starting to kick myself buying the tickets so early though bc they were really expensive and i would've rather flown jet blue.

No use kicking yourself now. Its done. If I buy on anything other than Southwest, I never go back to look at fares. I'm going down (from PHL) on Southwest, back on Frontier to Trenton. I think United works the same way as just about everyone else. Do the checkin within 24 hours of flight.

...I'm so excited to try violet lemonade, i always hear about it! have you tried it? anything you recommend eating/drinking?

Haven't tried it. Do you know where they have that? Might have to give it a try. I usually find something at the smokehouse by American Adventure. They have something called burnt ends brisket, or something like that. Canada sometimes has some good filet, forget what they called it and I usually find something interesting at either China or Japan. They change it up a little every year. I have last years passport around, if you want images, there's probably a way to do it.

...i'm going to upgrade when i get there! my TA doesn't sell them and idk how to do it online while getting money back for the tickets i've already bought.

Since you already have your regular tickets, I think you have to it in person as opposed to online. Some say its best to use your regular ticket once before doing it, but I can't remember why. It might have to do with if there's a price increase between the time you bought your regular ticket and when you do the upgrade. Not sure what your arrival day plans are, but I've found that the Guest Relations at Disney Springs is a little quieter than the others. In any event, don't wait in a long line..you've got time...although you can't get any discounts without the AP. I think you need to go to Guest Relations to do the upgrade, as opposed to a regular ticket booth.

...I tend to get the free cups of water from the QS, but it's like after one sip the cup is empty lol...

I do that too. Empty after one sip especially in August!

I know for the march trip its too late for a room discount, plus i don't have the AP yet, but hopefully there'll be discounts when i go in august!

You're probably right that its too late for March, but you could check online. You don't actually have to have the AP to do it, you would just have to show it at some point while you're there, which you'll be able to do. Actually, you might not be able to check that since I think you have to sign in as an AP to check the rates. I'll rewind back to your first post and check the dates...you're probably right though.

Did another FP today...MK for the 14th...didn't get 7DMT again. There were some at 10 PM, but that would ruin getting any 4th+ and I don't think I'm staying that long, since its my last night.

Oh...I saw they announced some longer hours for MK recently: March 9, 12-16 close at 11:00 PM (those are regular hours)

EDIT: Forget the AP room offer. The Values are completely booked. There is a Passholder offer out there, but the cheapest available was for Coronado Springs at $510 a NIGHT. And you thought your flight was expensive...

Last edited:

Multi quote works best when you're quoting different people. If going against the same, I just copy and paste it and cut out parts. Just remember to leave in that / quote block at the end.

No use kicking yourself now. Its done. If I buy on anything other than Southwest, I never go back to look at fares. I'm going down (from PHL) on Southwest, back on Frontier to Trenton. I think United works the same way as just about everyone else. Do the checkin within 24 hours of flight.

Haven't tried it. Do you know where they have that? Might have to give it a try. I usually find something at the smokehouse by American Adventure. They have something called burnt ends brisket, or something like that. Canada sometimes has some good filet, forget what they called it and I usually find something interesting at either China or Japan. They change it up a little every year. I have last years passport around, if you want images, there's probably a way to do it.

Since you already have your regular tickets, I think you have to it in person as opposed to online. Some say its best to use your regular ticket once before doing it, but I can't remember why. It might have to do with if there's a price increase between the time you bought your regular ticket and when you do the upgrade. Not sure what your arrival day plans are, but I've found that the Guest Relations at Disney Springs is a little quieter than the others. In any event, don't wait in a long line..you've got time...although you can't get any discounts without the AP. I think you need to go to Guest Relations to do the upgrade, as opposed to a regular ticket booth.

I do that too. Empty after one sip especially in August!

You're probably right that its too late for March, but you could check online. You don't actually have to have the AP to do it, you would just have to show it at some point while you're there, which you'll be able to do. Actually, you might not be able to check that since I think you have to sign in as an AP to check the rates. I'll rewind back to your first post and check the dates...you're probably right though.

Did another FP today...MK for the 14th...didn't get 7DMT again. There were some at 10 PM, but that would ruin getting any 4th+ and I don't think I'm staying that long, since its my last night.

Oh...I saw they announced some longer hours for MK recently: March 9, 12-16 close at 11:00 PM (those are regular hours)

EDIT: Forget the AP room offer. The Values are completely booked. There is a Passholder offer out there, but the cheapest available was for Coronado Springs at $510 a NIGHT. And you thought your flight was expensive...

are you from philly? i used to go to uarts in center city!

and i'm not sure where the violet lemonade is.. i should probably find out lol. it's all over "disney instagram" which is how i heard of it. might as well live like the bloggers LOL

since my flight is so early i'll be at the parks relatively early so i don't mind going to guest relations! i'll have plenty of time the first day and might as well use the discounts as soon as i can!

that sucks about 7DMT. maybe you can rope drop it? aren't the wait times starting to go down for it anyway or am i making that up? that ride is so short though it's almost not worth it without a fast pass IMO.

oooh i didn't know that about the longer hours!! i'm gonna have to rearrange my plans then! and yeah i'll pass on coronado, that's insane for a moderate! i was looking at the prices in december just for fun, and POFQ was like $200 something a night and that's with NO discount.

snow day here in NJ which means it's a disney planning day!! @richmo (not sure if i can tag on here) pointed out MK will be open till 11 for a few days while i'm there so i need to rearrange my plans. will post again when i figure everything out because i'm starting to confuse myself LOL

actually, i don't need to update any of my plans. it's only open till 11 tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. tuesday i have dinner reservations in epcot, so that's a no go. wednesday (my last full day) i was already planning on spending in MK at night because it's also EMH (open till 1!) and then thursday i come home. so we're good!

are you from philly? i used to go to uarts in center city!

Not quite Philly...Bucks County. Grew up in NJ though!

...i'm not sure where the violet lemonade is.. i should probably find out lol.

Taking a peek at last years passport, "Violet Lemonade Ale" from Playlinda Brewing Company was at Pineapple Promenade in the Showcase Plaza. That's either right as you enter World Showcase or that area you'd walk thru if coming from the Imagination building. They might not even have it again, but if it was so popular, I imagine they would.

...since my flight is so early i'll be at the parks relatively early so i don't mind going to guest relations! i'll have plenty of time the first day and might as well use the discounts as soon as i can!

That's good. Guessing you're coming from EWR? That'll be an early morning! Last time down I had a 6 AM flight, so got to PHL about 4. Airline checkin was easy, but TSA was mobbed!! Give yourself plenty of time.

...that sucks about 7DMT. maybe you can rope drop it? aren't the wait times starting to go down for it anyway or am i making that up? that ride is so short though it's almost not worth it without a fast pass IMO.

I'm not a huge rope drop person. I wake up to an alarm 50 or so weeks a year; its nice to not when not at home. Sometimes I'll still make a rope drop if I happen to wake up. I've ridden 7DMT enough times that I won't bother if the lines are long and it won't impact my trip at all. I was curious about the wait and all the outdoor attractions (Barnstormer, 7DMT, Big Thunder) are all closed. Must be a t-storm going thru...

snow day here in NJ which means it's a disney planning day!! @richmo (not sure if i can tag on here) pointed out MK will be open till 11 for a few days while i'm there so i need to rearrange my plans. will post again when i figure everything out because i'm starting to confuse myself LOL

Same here in PA. Had a 2 hour delay, then when I went out to scrape off the car, the phone dinged and I was off for the day. No complaints. I'd rather be doing Disney planning; decided to start on taxes instead...ugh.

Last edited:
not much to report on today. i did put a hold on another trip for june (less than $800 with airfare and an AP discount!!) but my parents quickly put a stop to that LOL. they told me i'd have to take over my phone bill and car insurance bill if i can afford to go to disney 3 times in a span of 6 months, which i guess is fair. also the F&G menus came out today!! la vie en rose slushy and violet lemonade are back!! i can't wait to go through it tomorrow :D

who am i kidding, i couldn't go to bed without reading the menus!! i am determined to try at least one thing from every booth. i may need to rearrange my plans to spend more time in epcot though. as somewhat of a picky eater i'm really glad that almost every booth has either a food item or beverage i would eat. the only booth that does not look appetizing in any way, is the impossible foods booth... corn on the cob (which i don't like cause it gets stuck in my teeth LOL), vegan meatballs, and chocolate pudding with avocado cream :upsidedow no thanks lol

one of the things i'm excited for though is the key lime funnel cake! i had the maple bacon funnel cake at food and wine this year and it was my favorite food from the festival so i have high hopes for the F&G version! and there's soo many yummy cocktails i'm gonna have to figure out how to pace myself without getting hammered haha!

i'm also so happy violet lemonade is back!!! and frushi!! and la vie en rose slushy!! and the maple popcorn shake!!

alright either tomorrow or friday i'm gonna make a list of everything i want to try. if anyone has any suggestions lmk.

who am i kidding, i couldn't go to bed without reading the menus!! i am determined to try at least one thing from every booth. i may need to rearrange my plans to spend more time in epcot though. as somewhat of a picky eater i'm really glad that almost every booth has either a food item or beverage i would eat. the only booth that does not look appetizing in any way, is the impossible foods booth... corn on the cob (which i don't like cause it gets stuck in my teeth LOL), vegan meatballs, and chocolate pudding with avocado cream :upsidedow no thanks lol

one of the things i'm excited for though is the key lime funnel cake! i had the maple bacon funnel cake at food and wine this year and it was my favorite food from the festival so i have high hopes for the F&G version! and there's soo many yummy cocktails i'm gonna have to figure out how to pace myself without getting hammered haha!

i'm also so happy violet lemonade is back!!! and frushi!! and la vie en rose slushy!! and the maple popcorn shake!!

alright either tomorrow or friday i'm gonna make a list of everything i want to try. if anyone has any suggestions lmk.

I saw those menus too...almost looks better than Food and Wine!

*Warning: long post ahead*

okay so for my own clarity, here's everything i want to try at F&G! before i went to food and wine, one of my disney friends told me to make a list of everything you want to try so you go into it with a game plan, and don't miss out on things!

Flower & Garden Menus

MUST TRY

Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market
-Potato pancakes (both options)
-Toasted pretzel bread

The Citrus Blossom
-Lobster tail
-Tuna tataki
-Crispy citrus chicken
-Orange cream slushy in souvenir orange bird up

Fleur de Lys
-Goat cheese tart
-Chocolate macaron lollipop
-La vie en rose slushy

Florida Fresh
-Spicy blackened shirmp with cheddar cheese grits

Hanami
-Frushi
-Ichigo sun cocktail

Lotus House
-Crab and cheese wontons

Northern Bloom
-Maple popcorn shake

Pineapple Promenade
-Violet lemonade

Primavera Kitchen
-Zeppoles
-Bellini

Taste of Marrakesh
-Baklava

Funnel Cake
-Key lime funnel cake

EH

Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth
-Mickey tart peanut butter mousse

Jardin de Fiestas
-Tlacoyo (blue corn masa)
-Damiana flower margarita

La Isla Fresca
-Tropial freeze cocktail

The Smokehouse
-Beef brisket burnt ends slider
-Warm chocolate cake

Honey Bee-stro
-Honey-peach cobbler freeze

NOTHING I’D LIKE

Arbor at The Gardners Terrace

Trowell & Trellis Hosted by Impossible Foods

Joffreys carts

Block & Hans

Taste Track

Refreshment Port

Fife & Drum Tavern

so originally my goal was to get a sticker for everything on my passport, but that's going to be hard especially since i don't like beer lol. I'm most excited for The Citrus Blossom and crab and cheese wontons!! (aside from violet lemonade of course.) it's gonna be a good festival!!

okay so i'm debating just skipping DHS and spending more time in epcot. i'm really not a fan of DHS, and the only thing i would really want to do there is see voyage of the little mermaid (i know most people hate this show, but it holds a special place in my heart!) i could live without toy story mania and star tours. BUT am i going to be burnt out of epcot by then? what sucks is it'd be ideal to decide this when i'm there, but i want to make sure i have fastpasses. actually, maybe it is better to do epcot that day. because the two nights i'm already scheduled to be there is the first night, and the other night i have a dining reservation. so the first night i'm sure i'll be tired and want to head back early, and the second night i'm not going to want to eat anything from the festival since i have dining reservations. so i think it makes more sense to do epcot. sorry for rambling, just trying to get some clarity on this haha

Well...if you upgrade to the AP, you always have the option of getting over there, even if its for a couple hours. DHS isn't high on my list these days either, but I'd hate to miss it entirely.

@richmo i'm a little sad to be skipping it, but i've wanted to go to flower & garden for literally years so i feel like it's better to spend the time at the festival. also yeah you're right, if i really miss it, i can always spend some time there before my flight since i'll have the AP

I just sat down and made a list of foods to try and F&G. Frushi is my number 1, and after watching Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen I really want to try the seared scallops at Northern Bloom. But there's so much more I'd love to try as well.

I just sat down and made a list of foods to try and F&G. Frushi is my number 1, and after watching Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen I really want to try the seared scallops at Northern Bloom. But there's so much more I'd love to try as well.

i'm so excited to try frushi!! i was thinking about the scallops, but i don't like anything else with it so i feel like that'd be a waste.

my magic band came yesterday!! i chose green this time :D but my friend who has an etsy shop that paints magic bands sent me one that's a sparkly millennial pink, so i plan on using that one mostly! i also think i might want to buy one too? i've never bought a magic band before. i really want a dooney and bourke one but they're like $50...

i also got a "magical extras," card with my magic band, which i thought was only for mini golf and and ESPN WWoS, but i actually read the fine print this time and learned i can get discounts at stores too! i get 20% off at joffreys, and 10% off at basin white, both of which i plan on going too, so that was a nice surprise! there's other discounts too, but nothing for any place i want to go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter