• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron roller coaster @MK?

Sure - it's called Universal ;)

J/K - but FoP has a pretty high minimum height so that isn't the best example, but there is the river ride and you are right about Frozen (and obviously Toy Story Land is coming)

I think it is more just right there would be two rides with pretty high height restrictions ... and combined that the speedway is very popular among a lot of kids

Speedway has to be majorly rehauled...as it was in 2008 in Disneyland.

That's probably a decent cost proposition...so the case for replacement is made stronger there. They're not gonna continue to run go karts around there forever.

Speedway has to be majorly rehauled...as it was in 2008 in Disneyland.

That's probably a decent cost proposition...so the case for replacement is made stronger there. They're not gonna continue to run go karts around there forever.

I went to Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi earlier this year, and they have an absolutely amazing Go Kart Ride. If Disney were to build something like that, I'd be on board. The ride as is is absolute hot stinkin' garbage.

Agreed. It's an absolutely perfect fit for tomorrowland.

Right...TOMMORROWLAND...as in not a made up kingdom of ice witches...

And tron is exaclty what I would like to do...a known ip...but a niche/cult IP that isn't a slave to a gift shop or a character meal...

It's perfect...their BEST Ip based rides have been made on niche properties...not merchandise peddlers...there's a one in magic kingdom and one in mgm (could argue more than one)...tron fits the right spot.

The budget cuts that I read about had to do with the roof of the building. Supposedly in China the roof of the building had to match all of tomorrowland. I'm not sure what it is abut the roof, but aparently it was about 1/4 of the cost of the whole ride there. They don't have to use that roof in WDW, so they are looking at "cheaper" options.

The ride itself will be identical.

The budget cuts that I read about had to do with the roof of the building. Supposedly in China the roof of the building had to match all of tomorrowland. I'm not sure what it is abut the roof, but aparently it was about 1/4 of the cost of the whole ride there. They don't have to use that roof in WDW, so they are looking at "cheaper" options.

Plenty of time to discuss this after it's not announced :duck:

The ride itself will be identical.

Without the roof the critical profile is lowere too so less issues with seeing it from Fantasyland

More logs for the fire...

If again the push Tron back into the "grassy knoll", then perhaps as an overhaul to the speedway we could possibly get a Sugar Rush Ride?

If again the push Tron back into the "grassy knoll", then perhaps as an overhaul to the speedway we could possibly get a Sugar Rush Ride?

That wouldn't really fit tomorrowland but perhaps Fantasyland absorbs it for something like that. Same if they wanted to do a Cars overlay

Exactly. sugar rush would be a perfect retheme. the same clouds could cover it and it moves more into fantasy land. I think it would be really clever.

Ok...everyone listen up to this:

I still don't think there's anything to this (TOTS doctrine)...mainly because:
1. I don't think they'll sink more with as much capex as they've got sunk right now.
2. Even if it's planned we are years from announcement/construction...

But...and I'm abandoning the picket line...I haven't been as geeked for a rumor like this in a long time...

This appears to be an awesome thing that fits all the important criteria in my book.
Well hold onto your hat then....

Latest rumor I have seen from 3 sources at WDWMagic.com has a mini-tron land now. Speedway will also get upgraded, and have a "TRON" theme, so coaster and speedway updated to be TRON.

Well hold onto your hat then....

Latest rumor I have seen from 3 sources at WDWMagic.com has a mini-tron land now. Speedway will also get upgraded, and have a "TRON" theme, so coaster and speedway updated to be TRON.

That seems like a lot of eggs in a single basket that didn't do very well. No other, much more successful movie franchise, has 2 attractions at MK or a single land. Mini or not.

That seems like a lot of eggs in a single basket that didn't do very well. No other, much more successful movie franchise, has 2 attractions at MK or a single land. Mini or not.
Don't disagree at all. I too think it surprising, but from what I have seen it ties into the theme for TL upgrade, and the two projects will basically be run as one, tied together.

Don't disagree at all. I too think it surprising, but from what I have seen it ties into the theme for TL upgrade, and the two projects will basically be run as one, tied together.

plus it if is more a lose theme and just really that Tron look that feels a little different than two very explicit rides telling a story of one movie or something like that - so it feels almost more like "we need to retheme the area to something futuristic looking ... hey, let's use Tron as that general feelign since it is a known rather than make up something new that might wind up sort of looking like that anyway"

Per Lee insider at WDWMagic.com - speedway will be converted to something like this....

Attachments

• new speedway tron look.JPG
    new speedway tron look.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 56
Per Lee insider at WDWMagic.com - speedway will be converted to something like this....

Nooooooooo (sip some water) Noooooooooo.

If they are going with more of an alien theming for Tomorrowland. Then it makes sense to keep the speedway because it's a waste... of SPACE.

hahaha... just kidding it sucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter