• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron roller coaster @MK?

Tomorrowland Speedway has never been relevant in its location. It has nothing to do with the concept of "tomorrow" and the future, nor does it have any relevance with anything related to Fantasyland. It's always simply been a misplaced attraction. If they retheme it and get it away from race cars and more towards rockets or various kinds of spaceships, then yes, it would more fit in the Tomorrowland ideal. If it was up to me, and of course it isn't, I'd have removed the Speedway altogether years ago and used that space for 2-3 different attractions. From what I've seen, the Tron Cycle coaster looks pretty great and it would truly fit in with the Tomorrowland ideal. Exactly where it will go and how it won't affect the WDW Railroad, I'd like to know.

Well hold onto your hat then....

Latest rumor I have seen from 3 sources at WDWMagic.com has a mini-tron land now. Speedway will also get upgraded, and have a "TRON" theme, so coaster and speedway updated to be TRON.

None of those guys have a seat on the disney board. They are spitballing and we'll see if it hits

Tomorrowland Speedway has never been relevant in its location. It has nothing to do with the concept of "tomorrow" and the future, nor does it have any relevance with anything related to Fantasyland. It's always simply been a misplaced attraction. If they retheme it and get it away from race cars and more towards rockets or various kinds of spaceships, then yes, it would more fit in the Tomorrowland ideal. If it was up to me, and of course it isn't, I'd have removed the Speedway altogether years ago and used that space for 2-3 different attractions. From what I've seen, the Tron Cycle coaster looks pretty great and it would truly fit in with the Tomorrowland ideal. Exactly where it will go and how it won't affect the WDW Railroad, I'd like to know.

Though I don't disagree...that was laid down on a 60's design...race cars were still exotic then

I hope this is true!
If Test Track didn't already have a Tron-esque overlay, i would think Epcot would be a better fit, buut Magic Kingdom is the next best place.

None of those guys have a seat on the disney board. They are spitballing and we'll see if it hits
Well coaster hit, but they did not announce speedway revamp, it does show speedway in art though...and by reports it will get revamped.

So about this "shovels"....:P

Well coaster hit, but they did not announce speedway revamp, it does show speedway in art though...and by reports it will get revamped.

So about this "shovels"....:P

They announced a lot...it's a win for park fans all in all...

And some didn't...like that steaming pile of Brazil rumor.

All "leaks" are intentional.

Though they were pretty clear in the presentation that they were only sharing "some" of the EPCOT news - there is still the D23 event at EPCOT on Oct 1st for the 35th anniversary

Not saying that means Brazil is definitely coming or anything, just that we haven't closed the books on what rumors are coming true and which ones aren't quite yet

Go Karts without true freedom of movement are definitely a dinosaur. Time to put those rides out to pasture!

By that logic, so are the spinny rockets and Dumbo elephants. Granted, they don't take up the same space as the go carts, but I'm glad they're staying. True freedom of movement or not, when you're 7 years old and piloting your own gas-powered car through the Magic Kingdom, gas pedal and all - there isn't a greater feeling in the world. While I haven't ridden them in a few years and frankly don't care if I do on any given trip, I always spend a few minutes watching the smile on the kids faces as they putter around the track. There's also some good entertainment to be had as 1/10 blast the car ahead of them at the unloading zone (not that I ever did that...) :rolleyes1:car:

Though they were pretty clear in the presentation that they were only sharing "some" of the EPCOT news - there is still the D23 event at EPCOT on Oct 1st for the 35th anniversary

Not saying that means Brazil is definitely coming or anything, just that we haven't closed the books on what rumors are coming true and which ones aren't quite yet

While I would love to see a new pavilion, I am just not sold on it being Brazil. So, I can't discount the rumor completely, I'm hoping it's new pavilion, but not Brazil.

While I would love to see a new pavilion, I am just not sold on it being Brazil. So, I can't discount the rumor completely, I'm hoping it's new pavilion, but not Brazil.

I know there is a lack of Spanish pavilions but how much fun would an Australia pavilion be?

I agree...about everything but the pavilion...

2019 announcement for a 2020 ground break for a 2024 opening?

Nah...Brazil will have likely dried up by then. As in military junta...and that is ONLY acceptable for china!!

Would love to see a Spain pavilion added honestly. It'd probably be my top choice for a new pavilion.

Australia could be cool, but honestly I'd rather see it go into Animal Kingdom. They have Asia and Africa now but think Australia would be a great addition. It could go in between Asia and Conservation Station. Could add an aquarium type area themed to the Great Barrier Reef as there isn't much for the aquatic side at the park now), add koalas, kangaroos, dingoes, wombats, Tasmanian devil, etc. and could do all sorts of snake and other small animals too in a reptile house.

They cold also move the Nemo musical over to this area in a nicer theatre (themed to Sydney Opera House?) and open up its current area for a Dinosaur land expansion (completely with removal/re-theme of Dinorama). Then add in another ride or two to fit Australia and it would be a welcome an amazing expansion.

Could also use the Dinorama area and Nemo theatre plus some areas behind to make a South American themed section too and get a Rainforest type area in there and such, would be cool. If they wanted to keep Dinorama close to as is could re-theme it to a Brazilan Carnival celebration.

OKay, i am now throwing the flag for flagrant depressionism. Or something like that.... ;)

First you rail on some of us about all the rumors we had in the rumor thread, and how one or two if any will be done.

We get confirmed...
New Ride in MK - Tron rollercoaster
Speedway revamp - not announced but peaked at by concept art - still coming
New theater in MK - which by the way I am REALLY looking forward to
DHS -
Date for TSL - 2018 - which at one time I am pretty sure you said was no way
Date for SW:GE - 2019 - with DL first - again, I believe you were saying no way before 2020 or 2021
GMR to Mickey ride - not sure where you were with this, but confirmed and closing in one month

Epcot -
Rat to France - I think you were okay here, it was a pretty clear fit
GoTG in UoE - I know you thought this would never fly....
New M:S upgrades - new screens and new mission for green - meh
New Space restaurant - attached to M:S - none of us had this - WIN!
Quick peak at what spine will look like - but I keep getting warned that is CONCEPT art only. Very, Very Blue Sky
UK ride - not announced by by most still coming
New Pavillion - not announced but it IS coming by many insiders

My point in all of this is this...yes at one time until shovels hit the ground alot of these "rumors" were alot of hope and wishing.

Of all listed above, Martin at WDWMagic.com had ALL of them, and dates right - except the restaurant.

Net, have some faith, Disney seems to have realized finally they goofed, and didn't work hard enough in domestic parks...and are trying to fix it.

OKay, i am now throwing the flag for flagrant depressionism. Or something like that.... ;)

First you rail on some of us about all the rumors we had in the rumor thread, and how one or two if any will be done.

We get confirmed...
New Ride in MK - Tron rollercoaster
Speedway revamp - not announced but peaked at by concept art - still coming
New theater in MK - which by the way I am REALLY looking forward to
DHS -
Date for TSL - 2018 - which at one time I am pretty sure you said was no way
Date for SW:GE - 2019 - with DL first - again, I believe you were saying no way before 2020 or 2021
GMR to Mickey ride - not sure where you were with this, but confirmed and closing in one month

Epcot -
Rat to France - I think you were okay here, it was a pretty clear fit
GoTG in UoE - I know you thought this would never fly....
New M:S upgrades - new screens and new mission for green - meh
New Space restaurant - attached to M:S - none of us had this - WIN!
Quick peak at what spine will look like - but I keep getting warned that is CONCEPT art only. Very, Very Blue Sky
UK ride - not announced by by most still coming
New Pavillion - not announced but it IS coming by many insiders

My point in all of this is this...yes at one time until shovels hit the ground alot of these "rumors" were alot of hope and wishing.

Of all listed above, Martin at WDWMagic.com had ALL of them, and dates right - except the restaurant.

Net, have some faith, Disney seems to have realized finally they goofed, and didn't work hard enough in domestic parks...and are trying to fix it.

The bold part is the important part.

But I like what they announced - well other than the forced guardians of galaxy - I really do.

My point - and many annoyed witnesses can attest - is don't trust the rumors as fact. Wait for disney to tell it to you direct...that's all. Because the disney fandom is filled with people that make lots of stuff up. It's the nature of things.

I like it...they still have a lot of stag to work off and the worries about the longterm plans are still out there...but positive steps.

(And I'm not even gonna point out that you did it Again...false rumors/announcements got the "they were gonna announce it...but..."

That's the trap.

As Ned stark said: all the words before "but" are horse poopie")

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter