• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tusker House is now 2 dining credits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, just catching up....but can someone please clarify:

What are the details of this rumor? I thought it was just related to an increase in thanksgiving day, and that prix fix meal prices have always fluctuated....

I think I'm in a state of denial that they would increase character meals so drastically. Surprised, no. But definitely entering denial and perhaps anger...

The podcast mentioned they are increasing the prices to 59.99 for adults for lunch and dinner for all the buffets, I had to listen to that segment several times. I didn't hear about breakfast being mentioned but I am assuming that they will increase that too.

I just can't wrap my head around a family of 4 (kids aged 10 are adults according to Disney) paying over 240 dollars not including tip for a buffet.

My problem is that I have been to Vegas and they have some FANTASTIC buffets, Disney just doesn't compare to them. I am glad I am a DVC owner and I have enough points so I can get a one bedroom and make use of the kitchen.

The podcast mentioned they are increasing the prices to 59.99 for adults for lunch and dinner for all the buffets, I had to listen to that segment several times. I didn't hear about breakfast being mentioned but I am assuming that they will increase that too.

I just can't wrap my head around a family of 4 (kids aged 10 are adults according to Disney) paying over 240 dollars not including tip for a buffet.

My problem is that I have been to Vegas and they have some FANTASTIC buffets, Disney just doesn't compare to them. I am glad I am a DVC owner and I have enough points so I can get a one bedroom and make use of the kitchen.

I have a family of 5. No way in Hades would I pay that. My husband who grew up poor (and we are no where near poor now) would have a coronary. Actually at this point, I think I'm just as happy eating quick service and DVC does in fact have appeal to me more and more. I am perfectly happy to make breakfast in the room and eat out breakfast once in a trip as well as making dinner. (Or going off site for Pizza...although :crazy2: pizza in Orlando...yuck! yeah I'm spoiled)

I'm still holding out hope that the TS credits don't change this calendar year. I have 5 character meals booked right now and I'd hate to have to drop any.

The more I think about it though, I refuse to let it rile me up. If it changes, that is Disney's prerogative and there's nothing I can do about it. I'll cancel my dining plan, cancel two or three of the character meals, enjoy our time together, and eat whatever looks good.

The more I think about it though, I refuse to let it rile me up. If it changes, that is Disney's prerogative and there's nothing I can do about it. I'll cancel my dining plan, cancel two or three of the character meals, enjoy our time together, and eat whatever looks good.

That would be you doing something about it.

Consumer action doesn't require mass protests, it just requires people to stop spending as much.

The problem is that with the character meals, show and parade meals, this really is no longer a dinning plan.... it is becoming an entertainment plan....so they have to charge more credits for dinner and a show than they charge for just dinner.....What a mess. If the credits don't increase for the character meals, it will become a character meal plan, where the only people using it will be using for the discount on the entertainment venues. If they don't increase the credits for the entertainment portions, they will have to increase the cost of the entire plan to where it is useless unless you are going to character meals....

I will admit fully - I buy the DxDDP SOLELY because it is an 'entertainment' plan to me... the VAST majority of our Dining is Characters/PPO/Events/attached Fantasmic! - Jungle Book seating/and a couple of 2TS credit meals.

Do we love the food and the theme and service? YES! But it is more about the entertainment. If the entertainment is going to cost more - for me the value goes WAY down. :) It then is not likely worth it. I don't buy the DxDDP only for the food, but the experiences I can then 'afford' - because it is combined with the cost of food we will be eating.

I like that Mickey/the Princesses etc COME to our Table while we are seated, taking a break in an air-conditioned building. This why we don't need to go often back to the resort - even with little kids. Because we would rather spend a few hours sitting comfortably and chilling than standing the same amount of time standing in the heat. It's kind of like a Character Fastpass. :)

And Snacks? To me - the snacks are a great diversion for my kids WHILE we are waiting for other things. :)

I'm still holding out hope that the TS credits don't change this calendar year. I have 5 character meals booked right now and I'd hate to have to drop any.

Figuring out I could cancel actually took some steam out of my frustration as well. I still won't like it nor think it is appropriate at this late a date to double the charge of a restaurant, but at least I can do something about it.

Not to "rebeat" a dead horse but the DDP quit being worth it for us years ago. We live 7 hours away so we drive. That is a huge benefit as we bring all of our breakfast food and most of our lunches since we usually take a mid day break so we're back at the hotel anyways. I have been known to smuggle a small microwave in our room instead of having to go to the food court..) It is just 3 of us so I always take the 30% rack rate discount if given the chance over the DDP. I have even found that if we eat a QS lunch, the kids menu has plenty of food for me. We always have a nice TS meal for dinner but its way under what I would pay for the DDP. Not to mention I never eat dessert. I think it would be easier for me to use the DDP but there is just no value. My wife and I work too hard for our money to just throw it away like that. I say the money I save by not buying the DDP gets me back to Disney the next year and over a number of years, its a free trip.

Well it is comforting to know that, at least for now, Tusker House, and the rest, are back to 1 credit for all meals.

So the information on this thread is leaving me a tad confused.

Do we think all character meals are going to be 2 TS, or just Tusker House, Chef Mickey's and Akerhus?

So the information on this thread is leaving me a tad confused.

Do we think all character meals are going to be 2 TS, or just Tusker House, Chef Mickey's and Akerhus?

I can tell you what I think. Character meals for lunch and dinner will go up to 2 credits at least during Holiday times. Right now I think the most popular ones will be the ones affected, TH because of the package fo ROL. Chef Mickey because it is wicked popular, and Akershus because of the FEA opening in Epcot. If the pushback is not too great, I believe the pricing will remain in effect fo all seasons, nt just Holiday dining.

Disney moved CRT to two credits and that meal is always booked solid. I think that if ROL and the evening entertainment at AK is successful the package with TH will be 2 credits and will eventually just be 2 for all. Akershus is expensive to begin with and if they can figure a way to tie this meal in with the Norway attraction and A&E M&G, 2 credits will seem like a bonus for families with Princess fanatics.

I guess the other real question is when do we expect Disney will get around to telling people if they will or won't increase TS credits? Do we expect to come out with 2017 packages?

Disney restaurants? Are they still around? Haven't been in one for several years.

One buffet I go to is Villa de Flora - Casual dining in an open-air grand European villa atmosphere serving fresh and seasonal buffet menu inspired by Mediterranean cuisine. Serving breakfast, dinner and Sunday Brunch. Three times as good at way cheaper price.

It's at the Gaylord palms

Well, looks like we won't be signing up for the Dining Plan much longer. I've got three trips to WDW planned in the next year and a half - this unnecessary and greedy increase just saved us some money because we won't have as many ADRs now.

I'm assuming if the change held off until 2017...people going during December 2016 and January 2017 would still be under the 2016 dining plan rules correct?
I know that the credits and things like that stay the same if you start the dining plan in 2016 and say the 2017 plan had a different snack credit allotment. That would mean that some people would be paying 1 TS while others were there at the same time and would pay 2 TS. Just wondering.

I just went on Disney Mom's Panel and said we had booked Tusker months ago at our 180 day mark and I was wondering if they are honoring my reservation with 1 credit or are they going to charge us 2 ..if 2 NO WAY!! Just hoping they respond, I called disney earlier but was on hold for 30 minutes could not wait anymore.

let us know what you hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter