Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

I would like to thank this community for the information on this DVC Platinum Plus deal. We bought our PAPs before the deadline, activated on a June 2018 trip, and used them again October. For the October trip we visited both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. We had so much fun! We never would have considered going to the water parks if it wasn’t “free” and now we are absolutely in love with Typhoon Lagoon! Blizzard Beach was great too but we only went for a couple of hours....spent almost a whole day at TL the last day of our trip. Such a great deal!! And we knew about it because of Disboards.

We have enjoyed Blizzard Beach many times this year because of the special! I hate to think about just how much it would cost to renew these passes!:scratchin

We love having the platinum plus AP for the access to the water parks. Because we are on the school calendar, we have to take two steamy hot summer trips on one pass. We love that we can spend at least one day at the water park. For a real guilty pleasure, I would highly recommend renting a Beachcomer Shack at TL. We have rented one the last few times and it's great to have a private, covered space to spread out and relax. Chilling in the cabana has become one of our favorite things about our annual summer trips! They are considered a safe place to take cover during the mid-day thunderstorms, so we just ride out the storm in the shack while droves of people leave the park. Then it stops raining and we have shorter lines in the late afternoon! The Polar Patios at BB are nice, but they don't have the solid roof, so they are not safe when there is lightening. We're definitely bigger fans of TL than BB.

Gold AP new purchase went up $20 this morning. I purchased last night for $589 plus tax. This morning it’s $609 plus tax. Renewal went up too.

Gold AP new purchase went up $20 this morning. I purchased last night for $589 plus tax. This morning it’s $609 plus tax. Renewal went up too.
I upgrade 4 MYW passes to Gold AP vouchers when I was there 2 weeks ago. Saved myself $83. This should have me covered for the next 10 years. Who knows? I may be done with Disney by then!

I bought two last night also. Although I was going to use it, I decided to save a platinum AP and some other grandfathered park hoppers on my account for a holiday visit some year when I am up for the challenge again.

Frick. I’m so annoyed now!!! Ugh should have bought 2 but dropping $1250 for fun hurts
Undercover Tourist still has the old ticket media that you can upgrade to a Gold AP as long as you active them by 12/31/2019. I'm going over the blackout dates in December and I'm using the PH for FP+/etc and then upgrading to a Gold AP when I get there after the blackout dates end.

Thanks. I’m considering the 6 day (4 plus 2 day). The issue is what if they raise the gold ap yet again before next October (our next trip).... grrrrrr

I’m honestly considering no more Disney. It’s getting crazy $$. The issue is my DVC which makes me *think* I’m saving money when I clearly am spending way too much!
Undercover Tourist still has the old ticket media that you can upgrade to a Gold AP as long as you active them by 12/31/2019. I'm going over the blackout dates in December and I'm using the PH for FP+/etc and then upgrading to a Gold AP when I get there after the blackout dates end.

I just called disney and guest services says a UT purchase bridging is not allowed (I didnt use those words, I asked them about having a third party authorized seller PH ticket and upgrading to a AP on the 1st day of use and they said no), so how can you do this? I have done this before without issue when buying direct from disney, but haven't tried a third party yet.

I upgrade 4 MYW passes to Gold AP vouchers when I was there 2 weeks ago. Saved myself $83. This should have me covered for the next 10 years. Who knows? I may be done with Disney by then!

I was told the gold ap pass vouchers now expire end of December 2019... did the CM mislead me?!

I just called disney and guest services says a UT purchase bridging is not allowed (I didnt use those words, I asked them about having a third party authorized seller PH ticket and upgrading to a AP on the 1st day of use and they said no), so how can you do this? I have done this before without issue when buying direct from disney, but haven't tried a third party yet.

We’ve been able to bridge in the past, including last year. They were UCT tickets bought in 2016, and we got a $100 credit over what we paid per ticket.

I hope they did not change this policy....

I have bridged UT passes to APs many times in the past. There are two explanations why the CM said what they did (and yes, it's called "bridging"). (1) It could be that the CM you spoke to doesn't know what they talking about. It's always a real possibility when you speak to one on the phone. The CMs at Guest Relations (at the parks) are the ones who are the most knowledgeable about upgrading and bridging passes. (2) Disney really did change their rules on bridging with this price change and you can't do it.

I bought a long enough park pass that I don't need to upgrade to a Gold AP on my next trip. If Disney doesn't let me do it, it's their loss not mine. I won't have an AP burning a hole in my pocket when the Galaxy Edge previews come out like I did for Pandora.

Edited:

This thread is the best one for ticketing questions:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/

I'm not sure the OP on that thread (Robo) knows the current rules on bridging yet but he was very positive about them a couple of days ago.

I was told the gold ap pass vouchers now expire end of December 2019... did the CM mislead me?!

Lat night I was very careful to review all text on the website related to the Gold AP before purchasing. Even took a screen shot as I have learned to trust nothing. There was no wording about the Gold passes needing to be activated before the end of 2019. This won't impact me as I am activating mine in December, but I thought it a little unsettling that there was no wording about the dates the pass needed to be activated within.

Thanks. I’m considering the 6 day (4 plus 2 day). The issue is what if they raise the gold ap yet again before next October (our next trip).... grrrrrr

I’m honestly considering no more Disney. It’s getting crazy $$. The issue is my DVC which makes me *think* I’m saving money when I clearly am spending way too much!
They raised AP ticket prices Feb 2018 and now again!2x in one year...getting more greedy each day. Parking up, charging parking fee at resorts too.

Bought my Gold APs last week thanks to advice on these boards that price would probably go up with the new pricing structure. I have 3 questions.
Does the Gold pass include parking at the theme parks?
Does it cover parking at the resorts?
We are DVC members. Do we get free parking at the resorts at any time or only when we are staying on points?
Thanks.
Tony

Bought my Gold APs last week thanks to advice on these boards that price would probably go up with the new pricing structure. I have 3 questions.
Does the Gold pass include parking at the theme parks?
Does it cover parking at the resorts?
We are DVC members. Do we get free parking at the resorts at any time or only when we are staying on points?
Thanks.
Tony

The Gold AP does include theme park parking but any onsite guest also gets free theme park parking.

Because DVC annual dues pay for parking lots/maintenance they do not charge resort parking fees for overnight stays by members.

Because DVC annual dues pay for parking lots/maintenance they do not charge resort parking fees for overnight stays by members.

But only when staying on points. A DVC member booking a cash stay via CRO will pay for parking.
It's not a perk for DVC members regardless how they book a WDW stay.

But only when staying on points. A DVC member booking a cash stay via CRO will pay for parking.
It's not a perk for DVC members regardless how they book a WDW stay.

That's partially correct. A member staying at a DVC resort, even when paying cash, will not pay for parking:

"Q.
Will DVC Members be charged for parking at a Resort hotel?

A.
Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying in a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, regardless of whether they use Vacation Points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.

A Member who chooses not to use vacation points for their stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel in an accommodation other than a DVC Deluxe Villa will be charged for standard overnight self-parking."

Data, if anyone is confused. Effective today...

Pass Old Rate New Rate Percent Change
DVC Gold Annual Pass - New $589 $609 +3.3%
DVC Gold Annual Pass - Renewal 500 517 +3.4%
DVC Platinum Annual Pass - New 729 749 +2.7%
DVC Platinum Annual Pass - Renewal 619 636 +2.7%
DVC Platinum Plus Annual Pass - New 829 849 +2.4%
DVC Platinum Plus Annual Pass - Renewal 704 721 +2.4%

https://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/other-resources/4303-annual-pass-parking-prices-increase

Dear Wife and I hold GOLD passes. My planning spreadsheet assumes a 5% per renewal price increase. Today? We win :).

We just renewed before the increase, hopefully it doesn't go up again in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter