Two Weeks until Two Weeks! - Update 3/22 - NEW TR LINK!

How cool you have your very own version of Soarin' at home! What a cute idea!

Hope you have a super duper magical trip and enjoy every single minute of those two glorious weeks in Disney!! :goodvibes

We like to do "poor mans" ride versions around here. :laughing: We've done Soarin', Tea Cups, Test Track...and after this last trip, I have a feeling Henry will request Peter Pan!

have Fun Brook! I must be excited for your trip because I didn't sleep very well last night.

:rotfl: I didn't sleep well that night either!

Have a great time! Try to bring some of that nice weather north with you when you leave. :)

Did it work? I really tried to bottle up some of the Florida weather! ;)

I LOVE the home version of Soarin'...too cool!

May these two weeks roll by VERY SLOWLY for you so that it feels as if time has almost stopped...that way you can enjoy every precious moment! :love::goodvibes:woohoo:

The time didn't go by extremely slowly, but it didn't whiz by either. :thumbsup2 The first half was MUCH slower for some reason though?!

LOVE the video clip with Henry! So precious!:love:

I would so be up for a NYC meet! The only time I get in there anymore seems to be for my son's annual exam at Sloan, and we don't see anything except the hospital and a BBQ place on First!

Loved that you were able to project Soarin' on your wall! Ever see the Youtube clips of the guy that recreated it and Illuminations at his house?

You're outta here! :dance3:Safe and magical travels!

I will make it a goal for sometime this summer to put together a NYC meet - there are just too many of us not to do it! :yay:

I have seen those YouTube clips, they are AMAZING!!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was the opposite... I slept like baby!!!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Have Fun!!:dance3::banana::cool1::cheer2:

KIM

see ya on the flipside!:thumbsup2

And I'm finally here on the flipside...17 pages behind on my own PTR!

Have a wonderful vacation!

Thank you! We did! And I better start writing about it SOON. :laughing:

Brook has reported a delayed flight...1 1/2 hours I think.
If you are her facebook friend, check out the video she has posted of telling Henry today they were going. It is so cute! :lovestruc

Aw, thanks Jen! That flight delay was aaaaaaaaaannoying!!!!! :sad2:

Travel safe Brook!! :) I'll be following along on FB for sure.

Thank you! When we eventually did get on the plane it was smooth flying!

Hey Brook...I actually just got over here today in time to send you off! Mighty impressed at how much updating you have done on this thread in just 2 weeks!!!:worship:

Have a fantastic trip....hope your flight isn't delayed too long. Your plans sounds amazing and I am sure you will have a fantastic trip.

Henry really is becoming the youngest Disney Park expert I have ever seen. He is just priceless...that interview is so adorable!

And I LOVE that home version of Soarin'!!! How clever and cute!

Now go and have a FANTASTIC vacation!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I guess I did all my updating during those 2 weeks and can't get back into it now. :laughing: Life has been throwing curve balls this past week. I'm starting to feel like normal again finally though.

you are so welcome enjoy the warm weather:cool1::cool2:

We did! It was soooooooo wonderful. The weather the first week was especially perfect. :cloud9: I miss it!

So jealous of the weather. Have a wonderful time!

It was wonderful weather! So nice to escape the 30 degrees we had here and come back to 40's and 50's. :thumbsup2

Ugh on the delay:( glad you got there safely!!!! Henry looked soooo excited in the video LOL!! Have fun tomorrow!

Isn't that video adorable? He was SO excited and has told me several times since then, "I want to go back." Me too baby!!!

Boo on the delay, but hurray for being there now! Glad Henry got his bed jumping in on the first day. :laughing:

He was so excited to jump on the bed. Both at BWV and BLT! :laughing:

Bummer about the flight delay but you are in Disney, woo hoo!

Thanks for the update. Have fun today :cool1:

I really enjoyed doing the live updates! From the parks it was hard to update on Facebook because the networks were swamped with all the people.

Glad you made it safely! Have a fabulous vacation!

Thank you! We did! :hyper:

It is alomost hurry up and wait when you get to the airport and find you have lots of time to kill.

Too funny about your view being of Community Hall.

Have a great relaxing day!!!

When I stepped out onto the balcony and saw Community Hall I cracked up. How ironic! :rolleyes:

Glad you are there now & MK day!!:banana: I must be thinking about you guys because I had a dream last night that I met you!!:lmao:

Have a great time!! I am following on FB.

:rotfl: that's funny about the dream! Maybe someday we will!

I have to admit....I have been stalking you on facebook!

LOL! I had so much fun posting on Facebook. I wish I could have done more but the networks were so overloaded it hardly worked in the parks. :headache:

Yay that you're there!!! Yay for the weather!!!! Yay for the Boardwalk!!!! :yay::yay::yay:
I'm following you on fb too! Love all the updates!!!! :goodvibes

Oooh, the Boardwalk. It was just as lovely as I remembered it! I want to be back!

Good morning Brook! Don't know if you'll see this but I saw your facebook pictures. I must admit I woke up this morning and was thinking about you guys and wondering what you were up to. :rolleyes1 It must've been a nice feeling waking up this morning knowing that it's just the first day of TWO WEEKS. So jealous. Anyway, have a great time!

Thanks for thinking of us! And YES, it was soooooo nice to wake up those first mornings and think about how much time we had in front of us. More than once Joe and I would count the days we had left and be amazed! Two weeks was AWESOME. :thumbsup2

Yay for fabulous weather!
Love your FB updates. :goodvibes

It was so fun to post on Facebook! I look forward to the next trip to do it again. :laughing:

80 degrees and sunny - doesn't get any better than that now, does it? :thumbsup2

Love your view. Glad you arrived safely with only a moderate delay.

Those first few days has AMAZING weather. I'm so glad we were able to take advantage of SAB those days!

Well, you can't expect him to sit still for a haircut on his first day Mom! Too much to see and do!!

Have fun at the pool this afternoon!

:rotfl: he is still refusing a hair cut. It's so strange, he's never been opposed to one before. :confused3 I'm just chalking it up to the very strong will of a 3 year old. Sigh.

Hi Brook and family!

I am coming out of lurkerdom to say that I’m glad that y’all have made it to Disney safely (even with the delay) and I hope you have a magical 2 weeks. I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports and can’t wait to hear about this exciting adventure.

I'm so glad you posted, :welcome: I hope to start the TR today (but then again, I have hoped that for a week now! :sad2:), so please follow us over there when I start it!

SO EXCITED to see an update, THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes What a wonderful time you are having and swimming is coming up...now that is what I call the good life!

Your welcome! I loved doing the live updates. I wish I could have done more!

Not much fun that you had a long delay. Glad your there and having fun now. I'm sure your loving the break from the NY weather.

The delay was not fun. At first we thought it was only 30 minutes, but then we realized it was 1.5 hours! :eek: And it was even longer than that...but! it was a relief when we made it, that's for sure!

Sound like your having a blast. Hope Henry has a blast at the pool.

Henry LOVED the pool. I can't even tell you how many times he asked to just go to the pool. :laughing:

Sounds like a great day so far!! :cool1:

It was! Most everyday was really great...I can't wait to start sharing it!

Too bad Henry didn't go for the haircut. That would've been a picture extravaganza! I look forward to seeing the pool pics!!

I wish he would have done the hair cut...but he's still refusing for one! Pretty soon I'm just going to have to force him. :rolleyes:

Definitely not as enjoyable when it's cold and it felt so weird. It feels like since it's Florida it's supposed to be warm. You can get very mixed weather at that time of year but I really loved seeing all the holiday stuff. And I went for my birthday :goodvibes But I'd rather be in Disney and be a little cold than be home!

I am totally serious about Earl. I can't believe you didn't know since you must be in the city way more than me. I saw a billboard in Times Square sometime in the fall. And the latest info I have is that they are opening "late spring" (whatever that means) and it will be at 6th and 52nd. What a great DIS meet it would be to have lunch at Earl and then head over to the Disney Store!!:woohoo:

Thanks for the updates so far. Glad to hear you are loving the Boardwalk again and are having such great weather!:thumbsup2

I agree, Florida is supposed to be warm-ALL THE TIME! :laughing: But, like you, cold Disney World is better than being home! We had a couple cooler days, but at least the day time was nice.

I am SO excited about Earl! I told Joe and he is pumped. I like your idea of the DIS meet. One of my goals for the summer is to do a NYC meet, this would be perfect. :goodvibes

Thanks for the updates. I'm sure Henry was happy to skip a haircut. Mmm...Main Street Bakery. :cloud9: Ice cream cookie sandwiches? Or maybe cinnamon rolls or croissants?

We hit the bakery more than once...so think "all of the above." :laughing:

Still following you... but I am getting the play-by-play on FB. I guess I am stalking you like Jen! :lmao:

It was so fun to post on FB! I loved reading everyone's responses too.

Eeek, sorry about the delay! But so glad you are there and sounds like your having a great time. Can't wait to hear more! :thumbsup2

The delay was annoying! People started to clap when the plane finally arrived. But then to take off...ugh, a whole 'nother story. :rolleyes:

ok, I know you are there now...but here I am lol

LOL! And now I'm here too. Boo!

Ok, after looking at your pics, I'm am REALLY craving Disney popcorn lol

:laughing: It's so good!

I love the trails at AK! Hoping to maybe spend some more time there this summer.

I love the trails too. They are so beautiful.

Wish I was lying in a lounger with that view! LOVE the photos, Henry is a living doll and looks like he is having a BLAST! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

SAB is amazing. Everywhere I looked it was pretty. The pool alone made me want to stay at the BCV in the heat of summer! And I'm not a big "lay by the pool" type of person.

What a great day and start to your morning!! Hope you have fun today!!! ENJOY!!!!

Thanks Jen!

Happy to hear that you're having a good time so far!

We just loved SAB!

Did you enjoy the Plaza?? We love it!

I think I answered this, but YES! It was delicious!

Love the pictures at Stormalong Bay....thanks for posting!

Your welcome! That pool is breathtaking.

That looks like sandbox heaven! Keep em coming!

Henry couldn't believe it, I tried to describe it at home, but he was just LOVING it. It was hard to peel him away. :rotfl:

Sounds like yer having fun.. I need to book a trip to disney can't wait to get back there

Yes you do! And I need to figure out our next trip! I wish I could say it was sooner than later.

Looks like Henry had a blast at SAB.

He did!

Henry looks so cute playing in SAB! Love the view from your lounger, too. :thumbsup2

He had so much fun in there. I enjoyed my view...I wanted to steal a palm tree. ;)

I am lovin the pics of stormalong bay. I am soaking up every bit of Disney today. Really cheers me up.

Glad it helped! :goodvibes

Yep, Henry is still adorable! :goodvibes Looks like a blast!

Aw, thanks! He was a fish this trip, loved every second in the pool!

Loving all the updates!!

I really enjoyed doing them all.

Ohhh, live update with pics! Glad you're having a magical time!

It was fun to post a few pics! I always meant to do more, but too often the balcony or something else would "distract" me. :laughing:

My DS is really liking that new show too. We did the Pirate's League last year, I bet Henry would like it too. But you have to be 4 (I think), so maybe next trip. It was really cute.

I love the pool pictures, Henry looks like he is having a blast. Love the live updates on here and FB.

Henry was a bit iffy about pirates at first...but that show and a big turn around in the trip changed it all. He IS a pirate now. :laughing: I think he'd love the Pirate's League sometime.

Great pictures Brook! It looks like the weather is cooperating for you. Unlike here in the Mid-west.:rolleyes1

Yeah, I'm a bit jealous!:lmao:

The mid-west has just gotten bombed this year. But I hear it's getting better. Hopefully all that snow disappears soon.

I won't spoil the surprises & will let Brook update her own report! LOL But this morning was the DIS meet at IASW!!! :goodvibes

Looks like it rained a little at MK this morning, but hopefully the weather turned around so they can have a great day! :thumbsup2

The meet was a blast! A boat for 19. :rotfl:

The picture of the kids at the Dis Meet was too cute! We are training our kids right......to be Disney lovers through and through.:thumbsup2

I like your choice of word, "training". So much more legit than brainwashing. ;) It's unreal how much of a pro Henry has already become at the age of 3!

Aw, the meet picture turned out so cute!!

I'm loving these live updates!!!

So many cute DIS kids in one spot! It was fun!

I can't wait to read the TR. It's going to be fabulous!!!

I can't wait to start writing it! :rotfl: Real life HAS TO GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! :headache:

Thank you for updating. I'm really ejoying a glimpse at nicer weather. :) The flowers at Epcot look so good!

The flowers were simply amazing. I couldn't just walk past them. I would breathe in and just soak it all in. I have GOT to go at that time of year again, it was perfect.

Love the updates! It's gonna be a looong trip report, Miss-I-Get-To-Go-For-Two-Weeks, can't wait to read it.

I don't like those new mugs at all. I'm sure we will get them to replace my old broken one but I just don't think they are all that cute.

It is going to be long! LOL! And who knows how long it will take me to write! :scared1: I think I might do it in a different style - just do a bunch of short updates, like a meal, or an attraction - instead of big long ones like I usually do. That way to do an update won't be as time consuming, might help me get through it...in less than a year. :rotfl:

I like the mugs, but they aren't very "Disney Parks" to me. It doesn't show the Castle or anything like that...just a pool. Which, I guess for Joe and Henry is one of the most vital things about going to Disney anyway! :laughing:

I am loving the live updates!! Thank you so much for doing that. The Boardwalk pictures are getting me excited to go back there.

It was fun to do them! I really wanted to do more, but time would slip away on me.

The Boardwalk is just amazing. I LOVE that resort. I miss it!

Keep the updates coming!!!!!!popcorn::

Glad you enjoyed them!!

Ninja poster!!!!

Hiyyyy-yahhhhhh!!!!

You are going back to all the posts from your entire trip????? Who would do such a thing? :confused3:confused3 :rolleyes: :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :lmao::lmao:

Ninja poster!!!!

Hiyyyy-yahhhhhh!!!!

You are going back to all the posts from your entire trip????? Who would do such a thing? :confused3:confused3 :rolleyes: :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :lmao::lmao:

To give you time to finish your December TR, before she starts her March one and you start your March one. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh Brook:goodvibes! It looks like you're all having the time of your life! I'm so glad! Henry is as adorable as ever and must've been in heaven to be playing in the sand AND water at the same time.:goodvibes Whew, two of his favorite things done already!:lmao: I'm guessing you were able to squeeze in shopping already too (any new Mickey scarfs or earrings yet??:laughing:)

I can't wait to see more pics from the famous IASW dismeet! Henry looks darling in that picture with all the kids.:goodvibes And hello, he requested a Mickey Bar, boy your little man has great taste! Have a dole whip float for me too Brook! Enjoy your day, it sounds like such a wonderful trip already and you've only just begun, lucky dog!:goodvibes Thanks for taking time out of your super fab trip to update those of us not on facebook!:laughing:

He was! Henry loved that pool. Thankfully when we moved over to BLT he didn't ask why there was no sand in the pool. :rotfl: The pool alone made us want to stay there sometime though. (not that we didn't already, but it certainly made us itch for BCV more!)

Wow, Epcot looks fabulous as usual for the F&GF!!!! Can't wait to see all the flowers in person!

They are AWESOME! I was in complete awe. I have to go back for the F&GF again!

Great pics! Fun meet!

Epcot looks beautiful. I can't wait to see it!

You guys will love it...it smells wonderful and looks even better. Breathtaking! By the time you go, I won't be that far in my report, our big Epcot day, but I might show bits before then. :goodvibes

They weren't your nuggets??????

I saw the pic of the kids on FB earlier. So cute!!! Sounds like your having a great time. Wow 21 of you on a IASW boat!! That must have been so much fun!!

Loving all the updates. I have never been on FB so much since I became a member!!:lmao:

There were a ton of us at that meet! I think it was 21--something like that! I think I wrote it in my notes. LOL We filled a boat, that I do know!

Great pictures, Brook...as usual. I saw that floral display while we were there, toward the end of the week, a lot of the topiaries and displays were out. Glad to hear that you're having a wonderful trip. Max loved the HISK playground. In fact, when I ask him what he liked the best, that's what he said. :rotfl2:

That's so cute about Max loving HISTK! Isn't it great? We could easily spend hours in there if we let Henry. Of course he's still in the mode where he wants to play with US, so we wear out!

Ok, now I am hungry for the nuggets. I have to make time to eat those during our next trip. And I'll take a pic just for you!

I look forward to that pic! I could go for some right now. ::yes::

I can almost smell those flowers!!! :goodvibes

They smelled SO GOOD. Will the F&GF still be going on when you are there? I can't remember when it ends...

So glad you're having so much fun! I'm loving the updates here and on FB. SAB looks heavenly, as always. And those flowers in Epcot!! WOW!! So bright and beautiful. I can't wait to be there in person!!!! :yay:

Have another great Disney day! :goodvibes

Pictures do not do the flowers justice! There really isn't any way to capture the beauty and SMELL of Epcot this time of year. It's wonderful, you guys will love it!

Brooke, I am loving :love: the updates...it sounds and looks like you are having an incredibly MARVELOUS time! But we KNEW you would, didn't we?!? How could you not!!! :woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Exactly! How can you not have a good time in Disney?! Well, I guess there ARE ways, but its still always better than being at home. :goodvibes

Ooh, me likey!!

Seems like most people really like them. They are completely different than the last style, I'm glad about that! I like change. :laughing:

Hey Brook! Thanks for posting the updates! I like the new mugs. I think I liked last years a little better, but these are cute! We can get one of each...I'll get pink, my hubby can get aqua, and Luke can get yellow! :goodvibes

Looks like a fun time at the IASW meet! The pic of the kids was too cute! So glad it quit raining! I figured that it would, everytime we are in Florida, it will rain for a few minutes & then quit & the sun will shine again!

You are really, really making me want to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club! Everytime I look at your pictures, I think about logging onto the Disney site & checking out prices! :rolleyes:

Epcot looks beautiful!!! Other posters are completely right...its almost as if we can smell the flowers! Can't wait to see your pics of the topiaries & all the F&G displays!!!

Luke gets up every morning & asks if he can see Henry & Mickey Mouse! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the live updates, they are great! Have a wonderful trip!!!

The Boardwalk and Beach Club are amazing resorts! I can't wait to try the Beach Club. We haven't totally figured out what we are going to go for next trip (or exactly when the next trip might happen....), but it will probably either be VWL or BCV, depending on the season. You will have to try that resort area sometime, it's fantastic!

Brook it looks like y'all are having the best time! Thanks so much for posting live. It just wets my appetite for you report.

It was so much fun to post live! I wish I could have done more.

Loving the updates! It looks so nice and sunny and warm and FUN down there!! :cloud9:

That first week was PERFECT weather. It was so wonderful. The second week was a bit chillier, but still not bad.

gorgeous pictures!!

Thank you!!!

Oh that's CUTE! I likey! :cool1: That could make me smile in the morning for sure!

You absolutely made my night, I had a supremely horrible day and your remembering and the cheery sunflower really helped. You are the bomb!

I'm happy they even have one, I was worried they didn't after I looked a the current "official" brochure which shows some merch, making it sound like it was the only official offering...and it didn't include a mug!
:hug:

I'm so happy that little picture cheered you up on a rough day! It is a very cute mug...and it's the only one I saw, I scoped out ALL the merch. :teeth:

Brook, thanks for the great updates!!!!!!

I will see you on WEDNESDAY!!!! The weather looks great!!!! :cool1::cool1: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It was GREAT meeting you guys! Ana is completely adorable. Henry spoke of her for days afterward and whenever he sees one of her gifts talks about her and how nice she is. :goodvibes

Hi Brook, love your mini updates! It looks like everything is in bloom right now, I even saw some pretty flowers in your Tree of Life picture! Makes everything so pretty, I think I need to go to WDW in the spring as well. :goodvibes

Those pink trees where everywhere, and just added to the beauty of Disney World. I really enjoyed this time of year there!

Looks like another fun-filled day! All your pictures are terrific but the one of the tree of life is just gorgeous!! Love that sunflower mug... that may have to come home with me too!

Hope today is another super fun one. Wonder what "we" are doing today? :)

Thank you! I love that little spot by the Tree of Life. It's always so beautiful.

Wow, it looks like you stole it from a brochure or AK website or something...with that flowering tree to the right of the picture. Nice job!

Thanks Glenn! It truly is a beautiful area!

Very nice pics as always! You are going to have just a FEW DIS meets while you're there!! Tim posted his trip and his boy news!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

Tim held that trip news for too long! :laughing: I dropped a dozen hints on his TR...I was so excited when he PM'ed me about his trip! I really enjoyed every DIS meet I had. I missed out on a couple wonderful people, but hopefully our paths will cross again.

Brook, I'm so jealous -- it's been freezing here in NY these past two days!

Glad you're having such a wonderful trip so far!

I'm glad it's been warmer since we've gotten home. NO MORE 30's. And that one day of 70's was just awesome. We need more of that. ::yes::

Oh I have tears in my eyes at how beautiful that shot is! I have been enjoying your FB updates & just made it back over here. Amazing!

thanks so much for sharing as you go!:hug:

Your welcome! It's so fun to share! I look forward to doing a bit of that every trip.

That's so cute about Max loving HISTK! Isn't it great? We could easily spend hours in there if we let Henry. Of course he's still in the mode where he wants to play with US, so we wear out!

Is it wrong of me to sometimes look forward to the days when Max will be able to play alone and/or get better at making friends quickly! :rotfl: I do try and relish every single stage of my boy's development, but...sheesh...especially at the playground, there are times when I"d much rather watch than directly participate. :rotfl: And if you were to ask Max right now what his favorite thing about the trip was, he will undoubtedly tell you the playgrounds!

I'm glad it's been warmer since we've gotten home. NO MORE 30's. And that one day of 70's was just awesome. We need more of that. ::yes::

I stand by my assertion that the part of the beauty of going south in late February/early March is that when you get back, you just KNOW you've turned the corner and the worst of the winter weather is behind you. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter