U2 Joshua Tree Tour

Hey OP or anyone else who has seen the tour, what time did the show end? We have to leave early because DH has a big work day the following day and I'm trying to figure out how much I am willing to miss.

Brother went up to Pittsburgh to see them last week. Going tonight I think it is to Tampa to see them, he likes them I guess. Said the Pittsburgh show was not sold out.

Hey OP or anyone else who has seen the tour, what time did the show end? We have to leave early because DH has a big work day the following day and I'm trying to figure out how much I am willing to miss.

Reports at the show at Santa Clara, California was that it went about an hour over the 10 PM curfew. On top of that the local transit agency had to scramble to provide light rail vehicles on short notice, at a time they weren't expecting.

Strangely enough there was another music festival that had a 10 PM curfew. Foo Fighters went a few minutes over the 10 PM curfew set for the BottleRock festival in Napa. Once they were over they shut down the main speakers and the video screen, although the band still had power for their instruments.

When are you going?

I'm going to be at Sunday's show and can post back on Monday. Based on youtube videos, the show is running right around 2 hours.

I went to the Tampa show last night. The U2.com website indicated that the opening band (One Republic) would be going on at 7:00, and U2 would go on at 8:40. ...I think U2 ended up going on around 8:50 at the latest. They finished right around 11:00pm.

I saw the original tour in Tampa in 1987 - going last night was an absolute no-brainer. It was wonderful. (Other than the terrible rain.)

We go Tuesday. Wow that was later than I was hoping. Our show starts at 7, was hoping U2 would be on by 8 and done by 10. We need to leave by 10 at the latest. :-(

I went to the Tampa show last night. The U2.com website indicated that the opening band (One Republic) would be going on at 7:00, and U2 would go on at 8:40. ...I think U2 ended up going on around 8:50 at the latest. They finished right around 11:00pm.

I saw the original tour in Tampa in 1987 - going last night was an absolute no-brainer. It was wonderful. (Other than the terrible rain.)

Where did you find that info on the website?

U2 took the stage at 9:00 and ended at 11:00.

Spoiler Alert:

For anyone that has gone, did a plane do a fly over? We have the UPS hub in Louisville. At just the right time a huge UPS plane flew super close to the stadium. The time was just too perfect and no other plane got anywhere that close during the whole concert. It was really cool.

We were at the Louisville show :sunny: Left as they started the encore. Glad we did, as it got really political then... otherwise it was a great show!

Trying to score tickets to one of the shows in Jersey - have not seen them live in a very long time

Interesting. They were not as nearly as "political" as I thought,

I was surprised at how neutral they remained for the vast majority of the show!

We cut out as soon as the encore started - missed the Uber uncharge! Fare from our hotel went from $8 to $60 before the show due to demand! Got a cheap fare on the way to our hotel too!

We left at the beginning of the encore last night and it was a little after 11. They didn't start until after 9 which was surprisingly late to me.

Where did you find that info on the website?
I'm sorry, I don't recall. ...I'm pretty sure it was a link either from an email or a Facebook posting. One of those "Going to the show tonight?" posts.....

Bumping old thread.

Saw the show in New Orleans last night. Amazing. Dh and I are still playing videos and looking at pictures.

Didn't know much from the opener Beck. Wish we'd have gotten One
Republic instead.

But Bono and the guys brought it and really brought in a lot of local refrences that the crowd responded to. They even played a bit of a new release coming out later this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter