ugh! Ticker trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missymouse18

Mousketeer
I know somewhere on here is a thread about tickers. I always have the WORST trouble changing mine. for the past two summers I have just left it alone because we generally go the same time every year. Just created a ticker for F&W but after copying it, cannot find where to paste it. Please help!

I'll tell ya what worked for me. Create your ticker. Once complete, there are four options to copy and paste from.

Choose the bottom one called "Image URL", and copy that text.

Next, go above and click the UserCP link, and then click edit signature.

Delete your old ticker information. Then click the insert image icon (yellow square with what looks like mountains). Paste your ticker text there. Click O.k., and finish editing your signature.

Dan

Looks like you're so close!

Make sure
is on each side of your ticker link (the one that ended in .png) ...and you'll see this!

So put before this:

[url]http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/o1mx5tp87r4oy6bj.png[/url] and right after

o1mx5tp87r4oy6bj.png

P.S., it took me a few tries to get mine to work.

Dan

I'll tell ya what worked for me. Create your ticker. Once complete, there are four options to copy and paste from.

Choose the bottom one called "Image URL", and copy that text.

Next, go above and click the UserCP link, and then click edit signature.

Delete your old ticker information. Then click the insert image icon (yellow square with what looks like mountains). Paste your ticker text there. Click O.k., and finish editing your signature.

Dan

I'm surprised that that works because actually the right one to use is the second one, which is labeled PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode. I also noticed that on yours it doesn't act as a link to the DIStickers site, which the second one does. Here's what a signature looks like that uses the second one (and I didn't have to add anything to it like you said you did to yours):

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/URL]

I'm surprised that that works because actually the right one to use is the second one, which is labeled PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ or BBCode. I also noticed that on yours it doesn't act as a link to the DIStickers site, which the second one does. Here's what a signature looks like that uses the second one (and I didn't have to add anything to it like you said you did to yours):

This is how I do it also. Use the bbcode and just paste the whole thing into the signature. You don't need to click any buttons for adding an image.

This is how I do it also. Use the bbcode and just paste the whole thing into the signature. You don't need to click any buttons for adding an image.

Ah, very good to know. If I remember right, it doesn't say which option to use. I got the fourth one to work because it looked like an image file, so I put the IMG tags on both sides like you would for an image, and BAM, there it was.

I'm glad you both posted:thumbsup2, because what you replied is way easier and looks like Missymouse18 got it to work.

...and there is no way to easily explain how to put the IMG tags on both sides of the image link, because once you type that, the image shows up instead of the text you're trying to tell the person to use. (hope that made sense)

Dan

Okay, I have to ask - ticker? I saw the thread topic and thought you had a cardiac problem!

:)

It's the thing on the bottom of peoples signatures that shows the countdown until your next vacation or other noteworthy event. For me, it's our family cruise to the Caribbean this year.

Dan

Okay, I have to ask - ticker? I saw the thread topic and thought you had a cardiac problem!

Speaking for myself, if I had a "ticker" problem [cardiac], I would try as hard as I could to get to WDW. Would be great to spend my last day on Earth at the Happiest Place on Earth! pixiedust:

no sence being stupid unless you can prove it. Where do I go to change my signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter