Ultimate Disney Proposal! **VIDEO LINK ADDED!!!!!!!!**

everyones stories are so sweet and romantic they really do bring me to tears.

I wish mine was more of a surprise. I was kind of expecting a proposal soon and we were planning a trip to disneyland for our anniversary. Well my DF cant lie and he kept telling me that there was no way that he would propose at disneyland because he had something was better up his sleeve. So I brushed it off and didn't worry about it. Our first night there was our anniversary and we only got into the park a couple of hours before closing. we went on a couple rides and he kept saying we should go get a spot for the fireworks. he really kept nudging it so I knew something was up. It was also very windy and cold. We waited for the fireworks but as soon as they started, they stopped again. There was too much wind and they were cancelled :sad1: I could see my DF was upset and we walked over to a bench in the hub. The same place he asked me to senior prom, he got down on one knee and proposed. It wasn't the grand spectacle that he had hoped for but we were able to sit in the hub by ourselves and it was very cozy and romantic.

I gives me a high respect for those that pull of an elaborate proposal and they go well.

My DBF and I were spending about 10 days at Disney World at CSR. I had set up all kinds of ADR's and stuff, he pretty much let me do whatever I wanted to do.

Friday of our trip we were taking it easy (well, as easy as we ever do at WDW); we went to the AMC theater to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and we were going to dinner at Chef Mickey's. After the movie we went back to CSR to get changed - for some reason my DBF wanted us to look nice for dinner at CM's. I went along with it... it was easier than not. I drove us to the Contemporary (After having gotten in the wrong lane several times) and my DBF told me to use the valet parking. This was the man who yelled at me for spending an extra $5.00 per day to get a convertible!!! He was letting me use valet. I was so excited.

So we get to CM's and they give us the pager thing-y. We have our picture taken - Mark couldn't stand centered in front of the plate.... so it took a little bit.

After the pager goes off, the host takes us to our table, and before we could even sit down, he announces that we were going to play a game. He had everyone stand up and check under our seats. The person with something under their chair was the winner. Of course, there was something attached to my chair. I rolled my eyes, but was determined to be a good sport about all of this (I don't like being the center of attention in large groups of people). The host uses a cloth napkin to blindfold me. When he removes it, Mark is on his knee with the ring box open, "Will you marry me?" I couldn't do anything, but cover my mouth as the tears started coming down my face. I nodded so that he would know that they were happy tears!

After we sat down and we had some food, we had lots of interaction with the characters. Minnie came over to admire my ring, and Mark asked her where her ring was.... she left and got Mickey. She pointed to my finger and then pointed to her finger and then to Mickey. He shrugged and then covered his face.

We also got a picture with all of the characters from CM's. Once we left (I didn't eat very much at all) we rode the monorail around the resort loop a few times, and then went and retrieved our car and went back to CSR.

We were planning on getting married on the beach at the Beach Cub with the reception at Ariel's, but our parents nixed that idea. So, we found a resort in the next town over from where we live, and we're turning the ballroom into a full Disney Wedding. We're having an Under the Sea section with Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo, a Beach section for Lilo and Stitch, and a pirate section (Mark's favorite). My gown is going to have Mickey's embroidered on it with the lace. Our honeymoon is at WDW from 9/28/2007 to 10/6/2007 at POR and then 10/6/2007 to 10/13/07 on the Disney Magic for the Western Caribbean Cruise.

We MET on the Disboards!!! On the thread "Any Single Disney Men..."

A bunch of us went to dismates.com to chat further. We were both in there just to meet Disney adults and chat about Disney. I became the room's matchmaker. We Met for the first time in person AT Disney after a summer of accusing each other of being axe-murderers. So we brought each other axes. The room met in Dec and ran MK together. We also had a dinner at Prime Time. Mind you, this is a LONG DISTANCE relationship with him in Illinois and me in Texas. Fast forward to the proprosal. He PLANNED to ask after dinner at the California Grill...out on the observation deck. I am TERRIFIED of heights and told him that I was NOT going out there! The next morning we went to AK and walked down the secluded path to the landing by the river (pic spot for the Tree). He waited until the people down there left and then asked. I was in a daze for the rest of the day. Every bus we needed was right there, we had a private ride to dinner at Artist Point, we went to Fantasmic's 10pm showing in time to sit before it started. It was a perfect day!!! (CATHERINE at Monster's Inc. also made it extra special)

We will be getting married 10/10 at 10am in the Wedding Pavilion, Disneymoon and then move me to Illinois to start our new life!

:bride: :love: :love: :love: :cool1:

This touched my heart and brought me to tears. May all your dreams come true.

Thanks for sharing your story! I wonder when these goosebumps are going to go away! Every Princess deserves such a proposal and a Prince to boot.

:grouphug: Thanks for the enthusiasm and Best Wishes!!!

I think we have a pretty neat story myself!

Packing up my life and getting ready to start OUR LIFE in IL!!!

Ya'll Take Care!!

:grouphug:

What amazing stories! I Love them!!!
My story isn't as romantic as others, but it is definately a story that my family laughs about all the time.
It's a little long sorry.........

My DF decided that he was going to surprise me with a trip to Disney. It was my first and being the disney freak that I am I could hardly wait! I had recently just came out of a really really bad realtionship and didn't have too much money, DF knew this and he said it was all on him.

We went down with my brother (DF's best friend) and our really good friend
(my bestman). After check in we went straight for the buses to go to MK.
But the first bus that came was the on for Epcot, so being all excited I was like let's go.....:cheer2:
Little did I know that DF had arranged for my proposel to take place that day at MK. I WRECKED IT!!!! He didn't want to say anything because he still wanted it to be a surprise. I noticed though in the evening that he started getting a little cranky. I thought it was because of money and everything I wanted to buy. I kept complaining to my brother about DF's attitude and that if he didn't have money than he shouldn't have done this,my brother kept telling me it was not the money and that I should just relax!
The next day we went MK bright and early. I met Mickey and cried like a baby, met Dopey and again cried. The day was perfect!
Then we went to eat dinner and DF was really out of it by this time.
I started to get a little angry myself but I just tossed it aside and decided to enjoy my trip. After Dinner I just had to go and get some shirts before the fireworks, I wasn't really taking NO for an answer. DF was really attitudey (if that's even a word..lol) because he had set up a private viewing area for the fireworks and he was afraid that we weren't going to make it.
We start heading back to the castle and DF was like let's go over here so I did but then the fireworks started and I stopped dead in my tracks. My brother, friend and DF kept going thinking I was behind them. I must of been standing there for about 5 mins until they realized that I wasn't with them.
Next thing I know DF comes running up to me yelling c'mon let's go. At this point I was ready to tell him to BLEEP Off , I had waited for this moment for a long as I could remember. I was standing there crying enjoying the fireworks and this *** just wanted to go. Finally he dragged me by my arm and took me to the patio ,I didn't even notice the flowers on the table or the deserts, I just kept staring. Then DF says that he loves me and I'm like yeah yeah love you too and brushed him off. Then he says No I Love you! I turned to tell him to shut up and see him down on one knee. I was like what the hell are you doing? :scared1: (we had never even talked about marriage once!)
I look for my brother and he's standing at the top of the stairs with everybody else, that's when I noticed we were by oursleves. I yell to my brother what's going on and he tells me to look at my DF. I don't remember exactly what the whole "speech" was, I was in major shock!!!!
Then he pulls out the ring , what do I do , I yell in his face that "that's NOT real" and then turn to my brother again and ask him if it's real.
It finally clicked what was going on , I started crying and said "yes baby yes!"
everybody cheered and clapped, it was amazing!!!!!!
Afterward I felt really bad for messing everything up. I didn't even get to drink my champagne or eat my desserts.

They told me later that night for the past 2 days they had been playing "hot potato" with the ring so I didn't see it and the reason DF was cranky was because he was so nervous and I kept messing up his plans!
I really did feel horrible! :guilty:
Maybe that's way DF made me wait 5yrs to get married...:rotfl2:

Just thought i'd share my story too. Been engaged for nearly a year now, we were on hols with my family and had spent the day at MGM studios. We had just done the animation tour when my BF (then) pulled me outside to the courtyard where he pulled a ring box from his pocket and asked my to marry him! Of course i said yes and we finished the day off with one of me fav parts of Disney fanasmic! MGM will always be special to me now

Grand Marshals!!!

2394753860098338534S600x600Q85.jpg

2425142760098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

While the Barbershop Quartet was singing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"

2252376040098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

There he is, waiting for his "que"!!!!!!!!

2296415000098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

Popped Question!

2890989360098338534S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow!!!

2151625840098338534S500x500Q85.jpg

"How did you....wha???!!!!"

2898395040098338534S500x500Q85.jpg

2292163850098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

2141350770098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

2475621830098338534S425x425Q85.jpg

Congratulations to all of you. What wonderful proposal stories.

I was not proposed to at WDW but we did have a Disney honeymoon. I do have a Disney romance story, though. Our 20th anniversary was June 2006. I had decided we would take a trip back to the world just the two of us. Well we went in December with both our girls and two other friends. My husband kept saying he wanted one night to ourselves and it would be a total surprise. I knew when it would be, I just didn't know what. On the evening of Thursday Dec. 21, we went to the Wilderness Lodge and sat in a cozy little alcove on the 4th floor. Room service delivered hot chocolate and cookies. After we wandered out to the geyser (I didn't realize we were stalling for time) and then out to the front for our own private horse drawn sleigh ride.

AS we were being driven through the darkness and I am thinking it can't get much better than this, he pulls out a ring box and presents me with my engagement ring. I had lost the stone almost two years ago. We talked about replacing it but with our oldest in college and all the other bills, I just stopped wearing it. I knew I didn't actually have to have the ring. But here I am sitting in a horse drawn sleigh in Disney World and he is giving me back the ring with the stone replaced. :love:

I was a mush the rest of the evening. I just kept looking at the ring and he kept telling me "yes, it's still there." I was just so touched by how thoughtful he had been.

I wish you all of the best and hopefully you can all celebrate your 20th anniversaries in the World.

Thanks to someone on these Disboards who works at WDW, she made my surprise proposal to my wife absolutely terrific. We have been married for 31 years and the first time I proposed was less than outstanding, it was on the phone while I was in the military. My wife is a huge fan of Mary Poppins and with the help of a few castmembers, that were as excited if not more than my family, my wife had the surprise of her life. More like in shock. After a rocky start trying to arrange the meet and greet with Mary Poppins in Epcot U.K. due to the skies opening up and dropping buckets of rain and hail for over an hour at the time we were going to have the surprise proposal, we finally tried again the next day. It was touch and go as the rain was expected again at that time. My DD16 was on the cell phone with the castmembers arranging it to make sure it would work out that day. We had to come up with a reason why we wanted to go that day again to Epcot after being there the day before...lol. We finally managed to get my wife to stop for a rest in about the only shady spot in the area behind the toy store in the garden area. (wasn't hard to do.) A couple of minutes later, Mary Poppins walked out the back area and started coming over towards my wife. She was saying Oh my gosh, this is great that we're in the right place at the right time. Then Mary Poppins stopped and started talking to her and asked her to step over to the side with her as she had something for her. My wife was thinking she had won some type of a Year of a million dreams prize. It was a pin of Mickey proposing to Minnie on bended knee. Mary asked her what it looked like and she looked at it and said that was what it looked like, then she turned to me and asked me what I thought, I had come up behind my wife on bent knee with a ring by then. My wife turned around and immediately started tearing up. She had no clue any of this was coming. It was absolutely awesome. By the way, she said yes she would remarry me....lol. All I can say is, it's the castmembers at WDW that are what really make WDW the place of a million dreams year after year. Thanks again to those special people. :wizard:

Thanks to someone on these Disboards who works at WDW, she made my surprise proposal to my wife absolutely terrific. We have been married for 31 years and the first time I proposed was less than outstanding, it was on the phone while I was in the military. My wife is a huge fan of Mary Poppins and with the help of a few castmembers, that were as excited if not more than my family, my wife had the surprise of her life. More like in shock. After a rocky start trying to arrange the meet and greet with Mary Poppins in Epcot U.K. due to the skies opening up and dropping buckets of rain and hail for over an hour at the time we were going to have the surprise proposal, we finally tried again the next day. It was touch and go as the rain was expected again at that time. My DD16 was on the cell phone with the castmembers arranging it to make sure it would work out that day. We had to come up with a reason why we wanted to go that day again to Epcot after being there the day before...lol. We finally managed to get my wife to stop for a rest in about the only shady spot in the area behind the toy store in the garden area. (wasn't hard to do.) A couple of minutes later, Mary Poppins walked out the back area and started coming over towards my wife. She was saying Oh my gosh, this is great that we're in the right place at the right time. Then Mary Poppins stopped and started talking to her and asked her to step over to the side with her as she had something for her. My wife was thinking she had won some type of a Year of a million dreams prize. It was a pin of Mickey proposing to Minnie on bended knee. Mary asked her what it looked like and she looked at it and said that was what it looked like, then she turned to me and asked me what I thought, I had come up behind my wife on bent knee with a ring by then. My wife turned around and immediately started tearing up. She had no clue any of this was coming. It was absolutely awesome. By the way, she said yes she would remarry me....lol. All I can say is, it's the castmembers at WDW that are what really make WDW the place of a million dreams year after year. Thanks again to those special people. :wizard:

Those CMs are great, aren't they? I keep in touch with the one who arranged for my husband's proposal. They really keep the magic alive at Disney. They are the ones behind it all. It's sad that the name "Disney" isn't always associated with spectacular moments as much as it is the Almighty Dollar. But those CMs who work on the "ground floor"....they are the real deal!! Congratulations...every Disney proposal is magical!

OMG! TheLastPrincess, that is the cutest story ever and makes me want to cry:sad1:
I would share my story but I don't have one, I have some or many years to go until it happens to me,

and have a great Honeymoon and may all your Dreams Come True!!

O my gosh... You have made my day! I get all choked up with these stories. I can't wait to read your other TPs. See you on you other threads!!!

Thanks to someone on these Disboards who works at WDW, she made my surprise proposal to my wife absolutely terrific. We have been married for 31 years and the first time I proposed was less than outstanding, it was on the phone while I was in the military.
Thanks so much for sharing this story! It's so wonderful to know that after so many years, you asked her again!

O my gosh... You have made my day! I get all choked up with these stories. I can't wait to read your other TPs. See you on you other threads!!!

Thanks!!! I love to make people happy with this story. It IS a great story! My DH did well LOL. See you!

Where? How? When? We got engaged Saturday, September 23. Sorry I'm nosy. :)

OMG...We were there....We were just on the other side & could Not see the Couple that were getting engaged But were Told By CM's that that is what was going On!!!!!

UnBelievable!!!!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter