Ultimate Disney Proposal! **VIDEO LINK ADDED!!!!!!!!**

OMG...We were there....We were just on the other side & could Not see the Couple that were getting engaged But were Told By CM's that that is what was going On!!!!!

UnBelievable!!!!!

:thumbsup2

NUH-UH!!!! How awesome!!!! Well, I'm sorry you couldn't see it. That's too bad. It WAS pretty spectacular. My brain completely shut down when I saw my DH standing there. I nearly passed out!

How cool is that....you were there! :yay:

What an incredible proposal story!! Its something that you will remember for the rest of your lives, thats for sure!

Thanks to someone on these Disboards who works at WDW, she made my surprise proposal to my wife absolutely terrific.

Curt, I just found your post - I'm so glad it was such a success, and we all (and there certainly ended up being more people than I involved) had such fun running around and planning it. Sandy and I even got together for tea at the Grand Floridian a couple of weeks later and reminisced about it! Thank YOU for taking the time to come by and show me the video later and including me in the fun! Give my love to your wonderful family.:flower3:

aww!!! I cried reading the story and cried again watching the video!!!! That is incredibly sweet!

never did we doubt... that was awesome... i got all teary eyed and my sisters cat was foced to cuddle with me through out the video

I figured I'd get in the spirit and share my story too!

My now DF and I first went to Disneyland four years ago with his family - it was my first trip and it was so magical to experience it with him. I fell in love with all things Disney and he felt the same way. Since then, we have been lucky enough to go once each year and this year really took the cake.

It was he and I, along with his mom, brother and sister-in-law and their two kids, ages 2.5 and 5. We love to travel together with his family and do so frequently. Well, on our first day we all started off at DL together, but split up by mid-afternoon so that the "kids could take a nap" (or so I thought). We arranged to meet up in Fantasyland later that evening.

So it's about 6:00 or so and we head to Fantasyland to wait for them to join us. We look around and can't find them, so DF and I walk up to the castle and gaze out at Main Street as all of the lights are started to twinkle to life. We were talking about how much we love Disneyland, and love to have that to share in our lives when his niece runs up to us. She is dressed as Belle, looking like the perfect princess, and holding a gorgeous red rose, which she gives to me. Then she gives me a hug and hands DF a box. As he gets down on one knee, his SIL showers us with rose petals and breaks out the video camera. At this point, I start to lose it!

So he does his thing, and I think I said yes before he even finished his first sentance. I know he said some incredibly sweet and romantic things, but everything is just a blur! He puts the ring on my finger (after cutely asking me which hand it goes on!) and we hug, to much applause. As this whole thing was going down we kind of accumulated a crowd!

Just when I start to calm down, a CM comes toward us and leads us through the castle, which up until this point had been roped off. So we cross the drawbridge, entirely on our own, where a Photopass Photographer is waiting for us to do a mini photoshoot. It was unbelievable - there was literally noone else on the drawbridge or inside the castle. From there, the CM leads us to Snow White's wishing well.

Once there, DF hands me a penny and says, "I know that you've had two Disney dreams. I hope that I just made the first one come true, now make a wish for the second." At this point, I'm beside myself (and a little confused). I've always said that I would give anything to spend even one day at DL with my parents, which I honestly didn't expect to happen anytime soon. Regardless, I threw in the penny and wished to be able to be at the happiest place on earth with my mom and dad. Once the penny hit the water, DF turned me around and standing behind me were my parents!!!

DF had worked so hard to plan the perfect proposal, and when he asked for my parents permission to ask me to marry him, he had asked them to come down and be a part of it! What can I say, I've got a good one! :lovestruc

After a lot of tears and a lot of pictures, DF and I watched Fantasmic from the Disney Gallery balcony that night as a celebration and then went on to enjoy a magical 10 days in Disneyland with our families in tow! And now we're counting down to our dream wedding and magical honeymoon in WDW! :cloud9:

Once the penny hit the water, DF turned me around and standing behind me were my parents!!!

DF had worked so hard to plan the perfect proposal, and when he asked for my parents permission to ask me to marry him, he had asked them to come down and be a part of it! What can I say, I've got a good one! :lovestruc

After a lot of tears and a lot of pictures, DF and I watched Fantasmic from the Disney Gallery balcony that night as a celebration and then went on to enjoy a magical 10 days in Disneyland with our families in tow! And now we're counting down to our dream wedding and magical honeymoon in WDW! :cloud9:

Yeah. You've got a good one. ;) What a touching story!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter