Ultimate Disney Proposal! **VIDEO LINK ADDED!!!!!!!!**

Awe. I haven't had mine yet. My and DF have been together since sophomore year of high school, and he has never been to Disney. BUT he knows that I have ALWAYS wanted to get engaged in Cinderella's Castle (or at least somewhere in the World). I have my ring (actually its his moms. She passed away over two years ago from breast cancer and her dad gave it to us saying it was only right that I have it to wear as my own), and its understood were engaged and getting married. We're trying for a trip in September, and he's going to surprise me at some point on that trip with a real proposal yay!

WOW WOW AND WOW!!!! That was AMAZING and I was crying lole a baby watching the video..you would have thought I was the one getting proposed to!:rotfl2:

Wow, it was so great reading everyone's stories.

My at the time boyfriend actually proposed to me at the Napa Rose in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. We were having dinner to celebrate our fourth anniversary, and it was a delicious meal.

We had just finished the main course and I was completely clueless about what was going to happen next. He pulled the jewelry box out of his jacket pocket opened it and slid the ring on to my finger. He went on to say a whole bunch of things I did not even hear, because I was in a daze.

My answer was, "It's customary to wait for a person to say yes before you put the ring on their finger." His answer was he already knew I would say yes (and I would).

My only gripe with the evening was that I don't remember at all what dessert tasted like. I was too much in a daze to notice. I tell him he still owes me dessert at the Napa Rose :rotfl:

His original plan was to propose during the fireworks, but it was an overcast afternoon, and it feels like fireworks at Disneyland tend to get canceled quite often. We still got to see the fireworks that night but most of the details from the rest of the evening are still quite a blur.

Hey!

Amazing stories!

I plan to propose to my GF in September when we travel to WDW together for the first tim. We both went as kids from the UK and went to the Paris resort last year for our anniversary.

Thank you for that its absoultely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So amazing! Those CM are just wonderful!!!!

Oh my goodness, I just found this and I wanted to say what a wonderful engagement!!!!!!!!! That was so cool!!

I also had a disney engagement.

Mine didn't really come as much of a suprise because I could see a big square outline in my DF pocket the whole night...but I let him think it was :rotfl:

We started the night off going to Bistro de Paris for dinner which was AMAZING. Then we got the monorail over to MK, I thought he was going to do it in front of the castle, but he led me over to the ferries. From there we hopped a ferry over to Fort Wilderness where there was a private carriage ride waiting for us! The lady greeted us in true disney fashion, calling us prince and princess, and introduced us to the horse which was called Prince Charming. We then went for this really romantic ride all through the forrest areas until we came to this giant clearing. From there you could see Cindy's castle perfectly across the lake it was beautiful. A moment later the fireworks started going off! she stopped the carriage and came around and handed me this pillow of flowers with a crown, glass slipper, and a tiara on the top and said "My Lord, I have found the ladies slipper!" I almost died! Then my df led me out of the carriage and got down on one knee as the fireworks were going off over the castle across the lake and asked me. It was really magical! it was private too and so romantic.

this is us before hand waiting for the ferry
24172-R1-00-24A_001.jpg
i guess he had told the ferry operator and all the CM around there gathered around as soon as we came back and were so excited for us. they kept asking "did she say yes?"

here is the carriage
24172-R1-03-21A_004.jpg

right after I said yes
24172-R1-06-18A_007.jpg

the best part was wearing the crown around the park throughout the week all the CM bow to you! it was awesome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter