*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Me (Becky), my husband Jeff and daughter Stephanie (16), will be there from 8/6 - 8/12.
We haven't done a Dis event since our ABD Backstage Magic trip in 2011.

We're very excited to join! Our anniversary is 8/7 and Jeff and I will also be celebrating 20 years!

We'd love to meet others for Dinner. One of our favorite things to do at the World is visiting other Resort Bars/Lounges. We'd love to do a Bar Hop one night - maybe even make it a dinner thing - like appetizers at each bar?

Also, my daughter would love some sort of teen meet up for Disney Fans. Or even meet up in the Parks to get away from their old parents?

Looking forward to planning!

please add us to Pop Century 8/4 to 8/13 (haven't reserved the flights yet, but those are the dates i booked with the group phone line)

Also, please add us to the pre-party meet-up

when i say us, that's disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter MickeyMouseIsKing (Chani)

Hello!

Me (Becky), my husband Jeff and daughter Stephanie (16), will be there from 8/6 - 8/12.
We haven't done a Dis event since our ABD Backstage Magic trip in 2011.

We're very excited to join! Our anniversary is 8/7 and Jeff and I will also be celebrating 20 years!

We'd love to meet others for Dinner. One of our favorite things to do at the World is visiting other Resort Bars/Lounges. We'd love to do a Bar Hop one night - maybe even make it a dinner thing - like appetizers at each bar?

Also, my daughter would love some sort of teen meet up for Disney Fans. Or even meet up in the Parks to get away from their old parents?

Looking forward to planning!

Thanks for your information and for ideas - I think seeing if there is interest for like a "teen meetup" would be good, so I will add that to the list

Let me know if you have a resort booked and/or want me to include you in that listing of people

And happy anniversary!

I’d also be interested in doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour as a group. We did this a looong time ago and it was great

I’m interested in doing the new rhino tour at animal kingdom.

Yeah, that tour sounds awesome!

I think a tour sounds like a really fun idea - as as this is one trip we are doing sans kids, it would be a great time to do it

I've added it to the list of ideas!

*** UPDATE POST ***

Thanks everyone for all of the great information - seems like we have a lot of interest and excited participants (for obvious reasons)

Just a couple of things:
1) I believe I have updated the first few posts with all of the information I saw posted here or messaged to me - if I missed anyone it was most assuredly not on purpose - just let me know and I will update anything that is needed
2) I only included "real" names in those posts if you specifically mentioned it in this thread - so even if I knew your real name if you didn't indicate here I didn't add it
3) If there are any activities that you feel passionately about and would be willing to be the "lead" for - let me know and I will add that information (obviously a lot of this can be determined closer to the event
4) for those that have not recently checked the first post, just to provide an update the activities so far identied are:
- Bucket Crawl / Drinks around the Skyliner
- Pre-Party Meet-up (may get split into two - one for meeting inside Animal Kingdom and one for meeting not in a park (perhaps at Animal Kingdom Lodge, for example))
- Trivia Contest (done in the past at the Beach Club)
- YeHaa Bob (over at Port Orleans Riverside)
- Universal Day (organizing going to the Dark Side as a group)
- Miniature Golf Tournament
- A Disney Tour (doing a formal Disney tour but as a group - suggestions so far include the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and the Up Close With Rhinos Tour ... not to be confused with the Up Close with Ryno Clavin tour)
- Teen Meet up (for teens coming with the family to get away from the old people for a while)

let me know of any interest to add you and any other ideas .... once we get info from the DIS team for what they are thinking of doing as more "official" events we can adapt as well

Thanks!

*** UPDATE POST ***

Thanks everyone for all of the great information - seems like we have a lot of interest and excited participants (for obvious reasons)

Just a couple of things:
1) I believe I have updated the first few posts with all of the information I saw posted here or messaged to me - if I missed anyone it was most assuredly not on purpose - just let me know and I will update anything that is needed
2) I only included "real" names in those posts if you specifically mentioned it in this thread - so even if I knew your real name if you didn't indicate here I didn't add it
3) If there are any activities that you feel passionately about and would be willing to be the "lead" for - let me know and I will add that information (obviously a lot of this can be determined closer to the event
4) for those that have not recently checked the first post, just to provide an update the activities so far identied are:
- Bucket Crawl / Drinks around the Skyliner
- Pre-Party Meet-up (may get split into two - one for meeting inside Animal Kingdom and one for meeting not in a park (perhaps at Animal Kingdom Lodge, for example))
- Trivia Contest (done in the past at the Beach Club)
- YeHaa Bob (over at Port Orleans Riverside)
- Universal Day (organizing going to the Dark Side as a group)
- Miniature Golf Tournament
- A Disney Tour (doing a formal Disney tour but as a group - suggestions so far include the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and the Up Close With Rhinos Tour ... not to be confused with the Up Close with Ryno Clavin tour)
- Teen Meet up (for teens coming with the family to get away from the old people for a while)

let me know of any interest to add you and any other ideas .... once we get info from the DIS team for what they are thinking of doing as more "official" events we can adapt as well

Thanks!
You can post my name, I mean it is in my username lol

I’m interested in the bucket crawl, the pre-party meetup and possibly mini golf. I didn’t realize until recently how well themed their course was and would like to check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter