*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
***** UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****

Hi all, as we are getting close to FastPass selection day, one "unknown" in my schedule had been when to have the Bar Crawl. Based on the rest of the schedule, I am proposing that we hold it on Thursday, August 8th at "happy Hour" - or around 4:30. I figure this way people can do this and still be able to make dinner plans or get to any evening shows or even get to the DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom if they are doing this

Please let me know if this is ok - obviously hard to find a time that will work for everyone but if there are a ton of people that say this bad then we can try to find something else

Location is still TBD - still hoping it can include the Skyliner but if not, probably Monorail resorts. Idea would to largely focus on location outside of parks so people that aren't using a park ticket that day dont' have to (but could do an in-park bar before or after)

Tagging the people that expressed interest in this so that they see it:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @Bedsypoppins and husband
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter
- @PamNC
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @met19
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @DanielleC
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids
- @jennie622

Thanks!!!

***** /end UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****

Currently my Thursday afternoon/early evening is free so I am definitely up for the pub crawl - still fingers crossed for skyliner, but the monorail is fine and can do a park as well.

Basically just tell me when and where and I’ll be there.....

***** Schedule of Events - use for your planning! *****

Hi everyone - as this is the week many of us at book FastPasses, I put together a spreadsheet of a schedule for the week that includes park hours for each day and the Official and *Un*Official events (as much as I know).

I have attached it here as a zip file (only way I could figure out how to do it) and pasted it as an image below and will also attach it to the Facebook group.

Feel free to download it (or I can send it to you if you have issues) and adjust for your own schedules (remove and add events, put in your fastpass and ADR times, etc.)

A few notes:
- I am proposing the Bar Crawl be "happy hour time" on Thursday, August 8th. Seemed the most open and will still allow time for people to head to dinner after or to the nighttime shows or to the DVC event at Animal Kingdom ... I'll post separately to update everyone that has shown interest
- I moved the "pre-party" events up 1 hour. I saw in the official thread someone asked about transportation to Animal Kingdom for the party and John mentioned that Disney transportation wills top running when the park closes for the regular day - which is 9pm, so I figured the pre-party at Vitoria Lounge at Animal Kingdom Lodge needs to end by then at the latest if people want to take the Disney bus to the park for the party (I did add in a slot fo transport to Animal Kingdom)

If anyone has any thoughts on a better way to organize things let me know. If anyone sees any info missing or incorrect, let me know. For a few events I wasn't sure who the contact person was so if you see one listed as "TBD" and want to be the contact person, let me know!!! TIA

Thanks,
Phil

View attachment 405971

***** /end Schedule of Events - use for your planning! *****
I may have completely missed this but as I'm scheming for my fastpass window tomorrow I noticed that the Illuminations viewing and the new projection show at HS aren't on the schedule. Given how busy the evenings already are have they been cancelled? One way or another I'm gonna see both!

I may have completely missed this but as I'm scheming for my fastpass window tomorrow I noticed that the Illuminations viewing and the new projection show at HS aren't on the schedule. Given how busy the evenings already are have they been cancelled? One way or another I'm gonna see both!

So we didn't have any dates mentioned for either of them ... I can add them to the schedule if there are dates that work for you and see if that works for others

Just for items I had no idea what people were thinking I didn't put them on yet

Sorry, just needed to post, as after Pete, today, said that the official events will be up in a few weeks and with my 60 days hitting Friday; I’m just so excited.

So needed to share my excitement with people who feel it as well.

I hear you! (Though wish the official events were up BEFORE my FP date, but what can ya do)

BTW (as I am sure you heard but for the benefit of others) Pete mentioned he was excited for his meet and that he made a reservation for it already and that it would be small and would raise money so I expect a required donation or something for his event

I hear you! (Though wish the official events were up BEFORE my FP date, but what can ya do)

BTW (as I am sure you heard but for the benefit of others) Pete mentioned he was excited for his meet and that he made a reservation for it already and that it would be small and would raise money so I expect a required donation or something for his event
Yeah. I expect it to be awesome but also way out of my price range unfortunately.

***** UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****

Hi all, as we are getting close to FastPass selection day, one "unknown" in my schedule had been when to have the Bar Crawl. Based on the rest of the schedule, I am proposing that we hold it on Thursday, August 8th at "happy Hour" - or around 4:30. I figure this way people can do this and still be able to make dinner plans or get to any evening shows or even get to the DVC Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom if they are doing this

Please let me know if this is ok - obviously hard to find a time that will work for everyone but if there are a ton of people that say this bad then we can try to find something else

Location is still TBD - still hoping it can include the Skyliner but if not, probably Monorail resorts. Idea would to largely focus on location outside of parks so people that aren't using a park ticket that day dont' have to (but could do an in-park bar before or after)

Tagging the people that expressed interest in this so that they see it:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife
- @Kathleen Glasgow
- @Dennis McEwen
- @Braddy007 and wife
- @Bedsypoppins and husband
- @disneysteve and wife and daughter
- @PamNC
- @NWasikWare and sister
- @met19
- @travelinjenn and Husband and Daughter (17)
- @DanielleC
- @Idaho Mouse and wife and kids
- @jennie622

Thanks!!!

***** /end UPDATE TO BAR CRAWL - DATE/TIME PROPOSAL *****
Honestly, it would be the best time for us to attend. Just will depend on how blasted hot we will be from the day’s events. Lol!

Also, all four of us will be there for the 8/9 Marceline to Magic.....another reason why I am scratching my head about that Thursday bar crawl the night before. Just updating you for the spreadsheet which, btw, looks amazing! Thanks for putting it all together😀

Honestly, it would be the best time for us to attend. Just will depend on how blasted hot we will be from the day’s events. Lol!

Also, all four of us will be there for the 8/9 Marceline to Magic.....another reason why I am scratching my head about that Thursday bar crawl the night before. Just updating you for the spreadsheet which, btw, looks amazing! Thanks for putting it all together😀

Another reason I am proposing early evening vs later for the bar crawl ;)

Hopefully at least the bars have A/C :thumbsup2

Hi there, I'm thinking of creating a planning thread for the "Get your Glow" meet-up party at Victoria Falls. In the meantime, I thought I'd post why I'd prefer to keep it 8pm- 10pm, and here's why:
- Park closes at 9pm, party is at 11pm. Many folks have said we won't be able to enter early unless we have a park ticket. Even if you have a park ticket what do you do from 9:15pm (post-kiss-goodnight)-11:00pm? Setting people up to arrive at 9pm, also sets them up to be stranded for at least an hour unless the park continues to be open until 11pm when the party starts.
- People can carpool/minnie van pool. The cost is cheaper by already being so close to the park, and this is something we can coordinate in advance. We've ben asked to check-in by 10:30pm, so leaving Victoria Falls right at 10pm gets us there on time. (I'm also a very punctual person when there's a deadline, so when I plan for 10pm, it's more like 9:55.)
- I (and perhaps others) need to nap & get ready before the big evening. An 8pm start time really means that I start getting ready at 5:30/6pm, leave my hotel by 7pm to arrive by 7:30pm to stake out a spot to set-up the goodies and crafts.
- People can still arrive/leave as they desire. Arrive before 8pm for extra socializing, or leave by 9pm if they want. I expect to have all the glow items passed out or used by 9pm anyway.
- Why not move the party to Rainforest Cafe? Because it closes at 10pm, and more importantly, with it being a sit down style restaurant it's really hard for it to be a free-floating, social butterfly event for DISers who couldn't get into the Pandora event, but just want to meet up anyway. That's why I think Victoria Falls is superior location, because you can float around, mingle and leave without much ado. Of course, I'm willing to hear other ideas.... and I think a planning thread might be better for that.

Hi there, I'm thinking of creating a planning thread for the "Get your Glow" meet-up party at Victoria Falls. In the meantime, I thought I'd post why I'd prefer to keep it 8pm- 10pm, and here's why:
- Park closes at 9pm, party is at 11pm. Many folks have said we won't be able to enter early unless we have a park ticket. Even if you have a park ticket what do you do from 9:15pm (post-kiss-goodnight)-11:00pm? Setting people up to arrive at 9pm, also sets them up to be stranded for at least an hour unless the park continues to be open until 11pm when the party starts.
- People can carpool/minnie van pool. The cost is cheaper by already being so close to the park, and this is something we can coordinate in advance. We've ben asked to check-in by 10:30pm, so leaving Victoria Falls right at 10pm gets us there on time. (I'm also a very punctual person when there's a deadline, so when I plan for 10pm, it's more like 9:55.)
- I (and perhaps others) need to nap & get ready before the big evening. An 8pm start time really means that I start getting ready at 5:30/6pm, leave my hotel by 7pm to arrive by 7:30pm to stake out a spot to set-up the goodies and crafts.
- People can still arrive/leave as they desire. Arrive before 8pm for extra socializing, or leave by 9pm if they want. I expect to have all the glow items passed out or used by 9pm anyway.
- Why not move the party to Rainforest Cafe? Because it closes at 10pm, and more importantly, with it being a sit down style restaurant it's really hard for it to be a free-floating, social butterfly event for DISers who couldn't get into the Pandora event, but just want to meet up anyway. That's why I think Victoria Falls is superior location, because you can float around, mingle and leave without much ado. Of course, I'm willing to hear other ideas.... and I think a planning thread might be better for that.

Thanks for the post and I thought no it all makes sense .... I only proposed moving it up fur to the fact there would be no extra Disney provided transportation to the park past park closing and just didn't want people to feel stranded or like they were stressed/rushing to get there

Maybe just be clear to everyone that the "glow" part starts at 8 but you are welcome to come early and socialize and just remind people about the transportation

We can start now or wait a bit to craft the two pre-party events and start to get better idea of who is attending which one and then start conversations or something which each set of folks

Yeah. I expect it to be awesome but also way out of my price range unfortunately.

Did have the same thought got really excited that they’re going to post all event soon. So I’m sure there’s something that I’ll want to do.

As for Pete event the fact he said he had to sign a contract for it, will probably be something awesome and will require a heft donation.

But hey as the money is going to a wonderful charity, I don’t mind so much if it’s out of my range as rather the kids have more and I miss out. Than it being cheap meaning they get less.

Once we have all the event details worked out (I don't know when that will be) we will post them in the original post. At that time we will announce the day/time of sign-ups so everyone has the same chance to book.

Make sure you check this thread - or subscribe - as this is where those details will be posted.

@WebmasterJohn just posted this in the official event thread.

I’m glad we get to see what everyone has planned before the booking open.

Now just fingers crossed the opening time isn’t the middle of the night for me.

Although who am I kidding if it ends up being 2am UK I’ll be up, jacked up on caffeine and twitchy, but up.

From my post in the "Official" thread....
View attachment 406466

Doug :goofy:

So we can still have one of the pre-parties at Nomad Lounge, just will have to leave the park before being let back in. I don't know how late we can stay there - I see Rivers of Light only starts at 9pm that day, so I assume it isn't like everyone needs to be out of the park by 9pm or anything, just need time to clear the park and reset for the party

I know for the last event, with the EPCOT party people were in the entrance area like an hour before the event started - and was good to get there a bit early to get sorted, show your credentials, etc.

As for the Victoria Falls party, that too will still happen, and @Tiggerette posted a bit about this above - the official "Glow" party will start there at 8pm and go to 10pm (people can start socializing there before 8pm of course). Official Disney transportation to AK (e.g,. the bus) will stop when the park closes, so if you plan to take the bus to AK you will need to get on that before 9pm. Otherwise folks staying later at the Victoria Lounge Pre-party will organize car pools and minnievans, etc. to get over to AK

Hope this helps!

Saw that @dkrauss it is a shame we can’t have a pre-party in park meet up.

Know there’s the one at AKL - but with my paranoia I think that if there’s lots of there, will there be enough cabs/mini vans to get us all to the party on time.

What we need is someone with a car who can head down to AK parking lot at park close and we can have a ‘tailgate party’ (am I using that word in the right way) till they let us into the event 😂

Although I am really torn about the pre meet up as I could spend extra time getting ready and just go from CBR. but what if I can’t find transport from there as it’s all gone over to AKL - my gosh sometimes my brain is just exhaustingo_O

Saw that @dkrauss it is a shame we can’t have a pre-party in park meet up.

Know there’s the one at AKL - but with my paranoia I think that if there’s lots of there, will there be enough cabs/mini vans to get us all to the party on time.

What we need is someone with a car who can head down to AK parking lot at park close and we can have a ‘tailgate party’ (am I using that word in the right way) till they let us into the event 😂

Although I am really torn about the pre meet up as I could spend extra time getting ready and just go from CBR. but what if I can’t find transport from there as it’s all gone over to AKL - my gosh sometimes my brain is just exhaustingo_O

I think we were posting at the same time so just wanted to make sure you saw my last post - plan is still to have both Pre-Parites ... just will have to leave the park form Nomad Lounge before we can go back in. So will be more of just a place to meet up with people earlier in the evening if you want and then go with them to the front of the park and get in the holding area together after showing our credentials, etc.

One reason we might do that one is just to get to AK before the Disney buses stop and then we are there

While I love the idea not sure Disney is cool with Tailgating ... I mean, we could try though :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter