(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

Wow, we are woefully behind. Hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend. I think, for the first time this summer, we finally saw a stretch of a few days with FAB weather! Course it's back to cold & rainy today.. but boy..that holiday weekend was great! And I know we sure enjoyed it!

I had to go back and look at what the last update was & then try to rack my little brain as to what happened next. Truthfully, this could all be made up at this point.

So, there we were, at Poly. Waiting for everyone to show up while sitting in the lobby. Meanwhile, everyone had showed up and were sitting in Cap't Cooks eating cupcakes like they were supposed to. Uh. Tweedle moments. Ooops.

I guess I should back up and explain what we were even doing at the Poly waiting in the wrong place for 'people' cupcakes to eat 'food' cupcakes. Waaaaay back when, in a galaxy far away, we all met on this very Magical Dis board thread. There we grouped together to talk about a love of sweets. And maybe a little about training & running for a Disney race. But it was more about the sweets. We termed ourselves the 'cupcakes' and every Friday for a about a year we had 'cupcake Friday' where our Tammie would post pictures of cupcakes we could find/eat in the "world". We had decided after the race on Sunday to have a cupcake crawl around several resorts and planned on complimenting it with alcohol (ok, the Tweedles planned on it.. maybe no one else did).

And so Poly was our first stop on the Cupcake Crawl. And hence why the 'cupcakes' were already in the proper place eating cupcakes while TweedleBossy & TweedleConfused (and a few others who were using Tweedlelogic by proxy) were waiting in the wrong place.

I really have no idea if these pictures are from Poly- but I THINK they are? Maybe? Pretend like they are, ok? So I give you the first cupcakes of the cupcake crawl.

I'm gonna go with saying this is a smore one.

Chocolate Mousse?

Raspberry?

None of them were mine. I cheated and had that Dole Whip so wasn't ready for a cupcake. I know, I s#ck. But it was a DOLE WHIP. I can't resist it.

No idea if Karen ate any of those either. I'll go ahead and pretend she did. But she'll have to tell you which one it is.

So anyways. First cupcake done. Where to next? Uh. Upstairs to this little place!

The Ohana bar for some Lapa Lapu's!

Tweedlebossy quickly retired to the couch and ordered her Tweedleconfused around to buy her one. Man, that girl is BOSSY.

While waiting and chatting up with the very nice bartender. TweedleBossy bossed us to turn around and take some pictures. Or maybe it was Tammie who took this picture. I dunno..........

Some of the coolest people on earth, right there!

Oh, here I am serving TweedleBossy. Good thing I love her so much....

Then we got down to the very dirty business of finishing those awesome puppies up AND taking pictures while doing it.

This is a series of pictures I like to call "The not-so-very-good-but-oh-so-funny-attempt-at-a-cupcake-drink-picture" Starring: The Tweedles & Tammie.

Enjoy their awesomeness..........

Uh, Tammie, stop talking...and smile.. like the Tweedles...

Ok, but get in the picture while smiling....

Ummm...nope. Not quite.

Best we are getting. And it's pretty good!

Seriously, even 5 months later- those pictures make me giggle.

So. now what? How about throwing some deuces with my favorite deuce thrower?

Meanwhile, TweedleBossy is getting all creative with her drink.

Because, naturally, running medals and giant pineapple filled rum drinks go together. DUH.

Then Edie goes and gets this weirdo back scratching drink.

Because all drinks should have back scratchers. It's logic.

Then Karen is cheating over on her drink. And sharing first with Olaf...

Freaking snowman lush.

Is it me or is that freaking snowman lush trying to snort the drink? What the what?

I guess Karen didn't like her drink straw up a snowman's nose so she shared with Cammy instead.

And soon enough, we slurped those suckas down.

Which meant.... time to move on to our next stop. The Grand Floridian.

But first, another picture.

The Most Awesome, Best Running Friends a Girl Could Ever Hope For... "The Cupcakes"

Next up........ Victorian High Class meets The Cupcakes.

I'm glad someone is working of this TR! :rolleyes1

I ate many cupcakes. Did we skip MK and our medal pics with the castle? I'm so lost. But I ate many cupcakes and had booze, that's all I remember! :rotfl2:

Keep going so I don't have to! :rolleyes2

I'm glad someone is working of this TR! :rolleyes1

I ate many cupcakes. Did we skip MK and our medal pics with the castle? I'm so lost. But I ate many cupcakes and had booze, that's all I remember! :rotfl2:

Keep going so I don't have to! :rolleyes2

Uh, that was in the update from a month ago. Get with it girl! :)

Now don't expect any more from me for at least a month! :rotfl2:

Those cupcakes look delicious. You guys are hilarious with your lapu lapu pictures.

Olaf likes warm hugs and good drinks I guess.

Those cupcakes look delicious. You guys are hilarious with your lapu lapu pictures.

Olaf likes warm hugs and good drinks I guess.

He likes SNORTING them. Who knew Olaf had such a problem? Good thing small children don't read these reports or all their childhood dreams would be shattered! :rotfl2:

What is up with Olaf? Stealing and snorting drinks every time you turn around!! I did not get that about him from the movie.....

These are great pictures! You all look like you're having so much fun. And those cupcakes look supper yummy! That mousse one is calling my name

What is up with Olaf? Stealing and snorting drinks every time you turn around!! I did not get that about him from the movie.....

These are great pictures! You all look like you're having so much fun. And those cupcakes look supper yummy! That mousse one is calling my name

Olaf is one cray-cray pile of snow, that's for sure!

And I have to say- if I did eat one there, the mousse one would have been my choice as well. I :lovestruc Chocolate Mousse!

I'm making an unofficial ruling (hopefully one of the cupcakes will back me up) ... I think a Dole Whip is an acceptable substitute for a cupcake. It's something fun and yummy, that's all that matters!

Meanwhile, TweedleBossy is getting all creative with her drink.

I believe its called being artsy ... photographers are very into artsy...

And Olaf ... I know he was sad that it wasn't summer, but that's no reason to snort alcohol!

You guys are cracking me up. I swear by now you both are making everything up!!! Those cupcakes look soooo good! Olaf is a drink snorting lush? I'll have to keep an eye on the Olaf that lives at my house!!!

Oh, Nicole........IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!!!!

Those cupcakes and rum drinks look amazing. I especially want the smores one...I just love anything with marshmallows. You guys look like you had so much fun too everywhere you went!! Love it!

I'm making an unofficial ruling (hopefully one of the cupcakes will back me up) ... I think a Dole Whip is an acceptable substitute for a cupcake. It's something fun and yummy, that's all that matters!

I believe its called being artsy ... photographers are very into artsy...

Well, I'm a cupcake and I back you up. So there you go! :)

I actually wrote artsy fartsy but then I figured she might take offense to me calling her photos fartsy (which they are not at all- they are amazing) so I changed it to creative. Because I'm also TweedleConsiderate. (ha!)

You guys are cracking me up. I swear by now you both are making everything up!!! Those cupcakes look soooo good! Olaf is a drink snorting lush? I'll have to keep an eye on the Olaf that lives at my house!!!

Oh, Nicole........IT'S SHARK WEEK!!!!!!

Us? Make stuff up? Never.

Plus we have photographic evidence of our fun!

And I'm totally watching Bride of Jaws on TV as I type this. I also am never ever getting into an ocean again.

Those cupcakes and rum drinks look amazing. I especially want the smores one...I just love anything with marshmallows. You guys look like you had so much fun too everywhere you went!! Love it!

The drinks were amazing. Can't speak for the cupcakes here.

And we are the definition of fun. Bwhahahaha... okay, I'll shut up now and go back to my sharks.

I love the Lapu Lapu pics! Man now I want one!:drinking1

Those cupcakes are looking pretty tasty about now too, although I would take a Dole whip over a cupcake any day, they are the best!

Just read your entire trip report today. :) you two are inspiring me to believe I can do the PHM!! I've already registered so I guess there's no turning back now! Hope I can find a fun group to run with as you did!! I'd be more of the margarita than the cupcakes though. ;)

I live about 2hrs outside of Chicago too, so I'm dreading the winter runs and will try to stay away from indoor track training!! Yikes!!

I love the Lapu Lapu pics! Man now I want one!:drinking1

Those cupcakes are looking pretty tasty about now too, although I would take a Dole whip over a cupcake any day, they are the best!

I do love my cupcakes, but I'm with you.. I'd pick a Dole whip over one any time! They are just so, so good!

The cupcake crawl stop #1 at Poly looked fun! Love those Lapu Lapu's!!

Any stop with cupcakes (real & people) is fun! I honestly can't believe it was a year ago today that we were all registering and dreaming of this trip!

Just read your entire trip report today. :) you two are inspiring me to believe I can do the PHM!! I've already registered so I guess there's no turning back now! Hope I can find a fun group to run with as you did!! I'd be more of the margarita than the cupcakes though. ;)

I live about 2hrs outside of Chicago too, so I'm dreading the winter runs and will try to stay away from indoor track training!! Yikes!!

Hi! Welcome! :welcome:

And yhea! Another Chicago girl! (or close enough!) And yes, yes, yes... limit those track runs. If you do them, do SHORTER distances on them- not long ones! I am still not recovered from that injury. It has sidelined all my running.

And congrats on being registered for PHM! You can do it!

We had plenty of 'drinks' mixed in with our sweets! We all decided we are going back for Wine & Dine next year and are planning more 'post' race time vs 'pre' race time this go around for the sole purpose OF being able to drink more! The problem was we didn't want to drink too much before the race day.. and then we only had one day after race.. and we were all so tired from the previous days leading up combined with the race.. that we were wiped... So, more time after vs before! :)

Cupcakes meet high society.

After our first stop at the Poly, we gathered up drunk Olaf (who, if you remember, snorted up the Lapu Lapu) and carried that b#stard out. Leave it to snowman to get drunk and pass out. We cut him off. And shoved him in a bag. Thankfully no cupcakes got drunk and passed out so we didn't have to shove them in bags.

Since this is the last you will hear of drunk Olaf.. know that he was sent to a treatement center in mid-Missouri where he dried out (figuratively, not literally.. because he's a snowman and if he dried out that would be bad!) and now is living a happy lovely life reunited with his BFF Elsa. (true story! He lives TweedleBossy's house with her cat Elsa!). So it's a happy ending for that big ole' lovable lush despite a rocky beginning.

Ok, so my purpose was to get a quick update out before my boss came down my aisle and I'm preventing that form happening by talking about drunk Snowmen and their recovery program.

Moving on. The Cupcakes finished up at Poly and headed to high class. Right where they belong. Clearly. Cupcakes ARE high class. (just look back at all our pictures from this trip report that proves that point!).

We had to say goodbye (Sniff, sniff) to some cupcakes who had flights home. We shall miss you Buffy! Till next time! Then we hopped a monorail? Boat? I don't remember.... and went to the Grand Floridian to search out our next cupcake!

Here we are. Elegance. Beauty. Rich.

Someday I'll stay there and pretend I fall into one of the three categories above.

Follow the ears people! We are on a mission!

The flats wanted to swim. So we stopped to let them.

Then we headed into the Floridian cafe to check out the cupcakes.

What do we have? Anything good? Wait, we got some posers... so this picture is dedicated to those two- who gave us the best that we found at the Grand Floridian.... which was a laugh!

Because these cupcakes.. well.....

WHERE ARE MY LEMON CUPCAKES????? (hint- NOWHERE!)

Adios Grand Floridian.

We headed back to the main hotel lobby... by following the ears.

Destination: Monorail to head to Contemporary.

There's some of that elegance.

You know, I think there was a wedding going on somewhere and we kinda walked our whole group in the middle of their pictures on the staircase. But I can't remember if that was when we arrived or when we left..or what.

Anyways, we decided to go for some group pictures of elegant cupcakes:

We also tried to wrestle the flats out of Tammie's hands. She had become addicted to them..... we failed. In Tammie's hand they stayed.

And finally- boarded the monorail and off we went to our last stop. The contemp.

Destination here:

We were ridiculously tired and worn by this point. And the group started to lose their steam. There was a general sense of just wanted to sit down on the floor and stay there.

We perused the cupcakes and then convinced the people to go get better ones (it worked!).. so we had a smorgasbord of different cupcakes.

First two offered and we were like..uh no.

What we managed to convince them to bring out:

I can not even tell you what they were.

We shared with the flats.

20 minutes later- cupcake carnage:

While we were all sitting there, tired and weary.. several people got real food and there was a general discussion of what was next. The plan was Jellyrolls. But everyone was so very tired, that they decided to head back to the hotel to sit in the hot tub. But I love my Jellyrolls and I wanted to go still. So I made my Tweedle come with me (no choice, no choice.. we come as a pair!!!) and Edie rounded out our trio - it was a great fit.. the three who can't stop swearing! We would meet up with two other cupcakes who didn't come on the crawl later!

So with that plan in place, we all decided to head out. WE walked back to the Magic Kingdom to catch respective busses.

Amy paid Cammy a lot of money to push her in a wheelchair.

(not really at all- the wheelchair was just sitting there so they jumped in for a bit and then got out!)

And we magically waited for our bus with Karen getting artsy again and taking this awesome picture....

And with that, our reduced group of the swearing trio set out to say 'sing us a song you are the Piano Men!!' to my favorite piano playing boys at the club!

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome adventure!!!! Where the heck did you stuff all those cupcakes, I'll never know!!! They looked so yummers!!!!

Sounds like an awesome adventure!!!! Where the heck did you stuff all those cupcakes, I'll never know!!! They looked so yummers!!!!

Well I think there was like 10 of us or something and we all split those cupcakes. So we were not eating full cupcakes. In addition, many of us had run between 13.1-22.4 miles in the last 3 days and we were hungry! :)

I love the picture of the cupcake carnage! they must have been tasty!

Sugar coma. :faint:

Those flats need some striped swim suits to match!

Love the cupcake adventures. At least you finally found some worth eating.
That wheelchair picture is pretty funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter