(UPD 8/29) Tales of the Tweedles & Other Spazzjazzerit PHM '15 Cupcake Adventures

(FYI, there is a tiny update on me at the bottom of the previous page if you missed it)

Ok, so where were we? Yes, finishing up Jellyrolls. I remember Betsy driving us back to AKL and then I'm a bit blank. Probably b/c I passed out immediately when I hit the bed. I had, after all, done Disney, run two races on TINY amounts of sleep and just drank the remainder of the day and stuffed myself with cupcakes.

I don't really recall what I did in the morning when I got up, but I suspect I woke up WELL before our 8am ADR at Boma and went down to get myself coffee. I can only assume this is what I did b/c I took a photo of this lovely tree in the courtyard and vaguely remember sitting outside enjoying said coffee.

GSC%20555A.jpg

I'm sure my Tweedle was still snoozing away. Lazyass. :lmao:

We're going to pretend that I remember taking these shots before breakfast, but they could have been taken after. Who the heck knows at this point!
GSC%20552.jpg

GSC%20551.jpg

GSC%20553.jpg

Probably the most animals we had seen the whole time, one, because it was warming up (naturally, the day we leave!) and two b/c we were out of the room and gone in the mornings the rest of the trip!
GSC%20554.jpg

GSC%20555.jpg

Oh look! I did have coffee! Photographic evidence at it's best. THIS is why you always take pictures of everything folks, so you can remember.
GSC%20556.jpg

Her laziness got up (I think she actually showered, whatever!) and we headed down for our last meal together. *sob*

GSC%20557.jpg

I've eaten dinner at Boma 3 times and love it but have always wanted to try breakfast. I'm glad I did!
GSC%20560.jpg

GSC%20561.jpg

GSC%20558.jpg

GSC%20559.jpg

We were seated and ordered our juice and coffee
GSC%20562.jpg

GSC%20563.jpg

best juice on the planet.
GSC%20564.jpg

I loaded up naturally.
GSC%20565.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was all good, BUT, I barely remember because I immediately fell in love with that stinkin' bread pudding. They put crack in that stuff, I'm convinced.
I loved it so much, I ignored the remainder of the buffet and just went back for a bigass bowl of the stuff. :lmao:
GSC%20566.jpg

Oh yea, I ate it all too. I have no idea what Nicole had or what she liked, I was too busy shoveling this stuff in my mouth as fast as I could. :laughing:

Then the saddest thing ever happened, Tammie, Cammy, & Amy showed up to say goodbye! :( We took one last pic together and said farewell. They were headed to the parks for a couple hours before leaving...
GSC%20567.jpg

I suspect I'm going to run out of room for pics, starting one last post...

Last edited:
After breakfast we made our way up the room to pack up. We had a bit of time until the Tragical Express picked us up, so I took some pretty photos of our medals. I did not realize until I got home that I completely forgot to do this at MK with the castle! :headache:

GSC%20570.jpg

GSC%20571.jpg

GSC%20573.jpg

GSC%20576.jpg

GSC%20577.jpg

I don't look hungover at all.

GSC%20578.jpg

There was a knock at the door and Edith & Megan had come to say goodbye! Actually, I think they were returning something but I'm gonna pretend they came to say goodbye. So we had to get a selfie with me naked.
GSC%20568.jpg

wait, WHAT?!?!? :rotfl:

I realized my strapless dress made me took naked so we had to take another. BTW Tweedle, great job getting in the shot. again. :crowded::lmao:

GSC%20569.jpg

We said our goodbyes to them and finished up packing. I spent most my time on the balcony and got a few more shots of the animals while wishing I could just stay there FOREVER AND EVER.
GSC%20582.jpg

GSC%20579.jpg

GSC%20580.jpg

GSC%20581.jpg

It was finally time to head down to the bus. We took one last HORRIBLE SELFIE to prove that we had really not learned a single thing about selfie-taking the entire trip...
GSC%20584.jpg

GSC%20583.jpg

It was nice riding the tragical express back with my Tweedle. Unfortunately, we were leaving off different concourses, so we had to say goodbye when we arrived. I got through security just fine, even with my medals, and grabbed some lunch and the nicest sitting spot I've ever had at an airport!
GSC%20585.jpg

I enjoyed a couple hours there and then I believe the flight back to the frozen tundra was uneventful. I'm not kidding, I arrived to this:
GSC%20587.jpg

WELCOME F ING HOME! TIME TO FREEZE YOUR BEHIND OFF AGAIN! :confused3

It was an amazing trip. I could honestly write a whole post on it, but I'm not going to because I'm lazy. The whole weekend was a blast, so many friends, so much fun, and a race that was complete redemption for me! I cannot wait until the next one and I'm dying a little inside that I am arriving the day AFTER the newly announced Star Wars race in April. There's no way I can extend my trip and do it as we're already going early to do Disney for a few days before Playlist Live the following weekend and I cannot justify taking two weekends off in a row.

BUT, in just a mere 18 days...wait, did I say 17 or 18? Whatever. In a mere 18 days I will be reunited with my Tweedle in Chicago and we are going to tear that town up in the 20 hours I actually spend there. :lmao: I'm sure there will be photos...of us sitting around her dining table playing cards...since that's what I mean by tear it up. :laughing:

I think we were all have Tweedle withdrawals.

You seriously are an Ed fan girl now.

We did bomb breakfast in January and loved it as well. That juice is the best.

Great photos of your medals. That "naked" selfie is hilarious.

It's funny how one bus can be so happy at the beginning of a trip and so unhappy at the end.

Fantastic trip report sad it has to come to an end.

Well look who decided to rejoin her trip report!
I guess that means we are officially official over. :guilty:

Our trip report that is.

For anyone who cares.. I have no run barely a lick since the princess half due to injury and then being lazy. :rolleyes1 (hey, I'm honest!).

And I have no Disney trip planned for 14.5 LONG MONTHS. :sad:

But at least I get to see my Tweedle and take some horrible selfies with her in just a few short weeks.. .and that makes me happy! :cheer2:

Thanks for reading along everyone! Tweedle Confused- Out!

Well look who decided to rejoin her trip report!
I guess that means we are officially official over. :guilty:

Our trip report that is.

For anyone who cares.. I have no run barely a lick since the princess half due to injury and then being lazy. :rolleyes1 (hey, I'm honest!).

And I have no Disney trip planned for 14.5 LONG MONTHS. :sad:

But at least I get to see my Tweedle and take some horrible selfies with her in just a few short weeks.. .and that makes me happy! :cheer2:

Thanks for reading along everyone! Tweedle Confused- Out!

Maybe I'll drag you out of bed at an ungodly hour and make you run with me when I'm there! :tongue:

Aww, last day ... so sad.

This may be the first time I've heard of crack as an ingredient in bread pudding. But I guess they have to find some way to get people to keep coming back...

I love the medal pictures!

Sad that this trip report is over ... but I hope you guys have some awesome Tweedle time together!

Ladies, that was hands down the funniest TR I have read to date!!! Binge-read the whole thing and now really can not wait for my up coming W&D experience. Thank you for sharing your experiences (both good and bad). Pain and frustrations aside it seemed like a magical weekend and made me smile and even laugh out loud!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter